Dray and family do Spring Break (aka Cheer Nationals)(aka NEVER AGAIN!!)

Ok, unlike most of the TR's done here, this one will not be in sequence, and I will be posting a handful of pictures. We headed down for our daughter's cheer competition at DHS and my wife figured that since we'd be down there, we might as well do a week of Disney/Uni.

Well, it goes back a little further. See, we were supposed to go last September but we had to cancel because my daughter's coaches wouldn't let anyone miss any practices. So, despite losing over $300(half deposit + MNSSHP tickets), we figured we'd get two trips this year.

Anyways, we planned for 6 days of Disney + 2 at Universal so my wife and daughter could soak in the Harry Potter experience. My wife's loves everything Potter. We we down from March 10th until yesterday, the 19th. Things did not happen as planned and we actually left a day early because my daughter got sick. We also skipped the MK on Thursday because of this as well. Oh well, we'll be back in September anyways. The money wasted on tickets and such can be made back, a child's health can't be bought.

Alright, on to the cast:

Me(Dave) - 33 year old shift lead at a medical supply warehouse. I love Disney and I grew up going to DL when I lived in California. I went from 92-08 without going to a park.

Amy - SAHM. Won't let me put her age because she doesn't like it but she's younger than I am so I dunno what the deal is.

Ashley - The cheerleader. Her and Amy love rollercoasters, while me and the son are the chickens.

Justin - My little buddy. We both prefer the tamer rides and he LOVES Stitch. Yeah, Stitch.....

Since Saturday and Sunday would be pretty much half days due to her cheerleading, we decided to make those our half day parks, AK and Epcot. It worked out pretty well and we even had our friends from the team along with us at AK. It was the wife and daughters first time there and the father's first time since he was a kid, so getting to share in that as a Disney vet was awesome!

Monday was MK, Tuesday was DHS, Wednesday was IoA, Thursday was a relaxation day for the daughter being sick and Friday was UHS/IoA. We decided that we are NEVER going back during Spring Break again. Alhtough we used Fastpass to the t and the crowds were somewhat manageable, we're just too spoiled by our normal September trips with little to no waiting.

I also was amazed at the traffic this time. When you take slow drivers and throw in a ton of people who don't read English well or know where they're going, it becomes a huge mess. Not to mention that these days it seems that people forget that turn signals are not optional on cars and they are too lazy or stupid to use them, leading to MANY near accidents. Well, enough of my ramblings(I know, finally), on with some pictures!

WARNING: THERE WILL BE SOME UNIVERSAL STUDIOS / ISLAND OF ADVENTURE PICTURES IN HERE. PLEASE DO NOT GO ANY FURTHER IF THIS WILL BOTHER YOU!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!! ALSO, PICTURES MIGHT BE RANDOM, ALTHOUGH THEY WILL BE KEPT APART, IE DISNEY AND UNIVERSAL.

DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0412.jpg

DSC_0415.jpg

DSC_0416.jpg

DSC_0468.jpg

DSC_0470.jpg

DSC_0681.jpg

DSC_0686.jpg

DSC_0710.jpg

DSC_0910.jpg

Ok, that's it for the Disney pictures. Next post will be for the Universal.

WDW_Emily

Loving the pictures!! your kids are so cute!

I love going for spring break but you can't beat the fall months with the crowds :)

draybook

Original Poster
We have no intentions of ever going back during Spring Break. The crowds are nuts, it's almost impossible to find a seat to eat at and the traffic is terrible. Friday night it took almost 2 hours to go from Universal to the HoJo Maingate East on 192.

draybook

Original Poster
Yeah, but at least we were expecting the crowds and most people were well behaved. It just made us look forward to our September trip even that much more. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom