Apple to buy Disney?!

CTXRover

I guess anything is possible, but don't get too worried. Its simply one analyst's opinion when asked if Jobs/Apple might consider offering to buy Disney. I would have to agree and would have said the same thing, even with my limited knowledge of the markets. Truth be told, he would have that option. Is he actually considering it, probably not.

Epcot82Guy

I HIGHLY doubt this is going to be in the works. Possible, sure I'll give you that. However, Disney is performing well enough on its own to be a prime target for a hostile take over (and I would guess their poison pills would make your head spin). But, it is not stable enough, even with Jobs on the Board, to really be that lucrative as a merger right now with Apple. I could see some distribution agreements or even a joint-venture company. However, to see a buy out/merger would be very surprising IMHO.

disneylands

Account Suspended
I think that any company is available for the right price, like epcotguy said I doubt it would happen and I doubt it would be a merger either. Disney would have too much to lose and very little to gain.

Computer Magic

CommunicoreBabe said:
I can see it now, Apple icon's all over the park. :lol: Maybe an ipod character with a meet n greet.
You mean like replacing the Epcot Ball with this

apple_logo.gif

PaisleyMF

Sometimes people learn from others mistakes look at AOL and Time Warner when that merger was done deal ÄOL Time Warner"wasn't doing that good. and everything was because AOL wasn't doing good.

Maybe Apple and Disney have some other deals like distribution or even some presence at the Parks (hey they can have an Innovention both, don't they) but would be dificult since HP/Compaq has a Deal also with Disney (Remember Disney.com is run on HP servers and HP is the Sponsor for Mission: Space.

But nothing is writen in stone and anything could happen.

napnet

It would make sence for the media and entertainment side of the companies... it might be interesting for the parks too with some of the creativeness of the Apple board but i doubt it would happen. It would be a huge jump from computer/internet company to a huge conglomeration that is the Disney company and might be a Time Warner/AOL style mess

Shaman

:lol:

Like I said in the other thread...I just don't see this happening...

Disney is huge...some say too big...some didn't think they would even acquire Pixar, some analyst were saying that the trends favored downsizing...but hey the Pixar deal went through, because well Pixar was certain future powerful competition for Disney and at various levels such a deal made sense....

Big isn't all that in right now...isn't Time Warner thinking of dropping AOL? That whole merger didn't work out too well...Now I'm not an expert or anything...but I just don't see how a Disney Apple deal would be or do much better....

But yeah, like many have said, anything IS possible...so I'll be praying it doesn't happen and comforting myself by saying that it won't....:lol:

The Disney culture is too strong. Just as people quickly turned against Comcast the same would happen if Apple tried to pull off an offer.

Nothing more than a rumor here.

disneydaft

PaisleyMF said:
Sometimes people learn from others mistakes look at AOL and Time Warner when that merger was done deal ÄOL Time Warner"wasn't doing that good. and everything was because AOL wasn't doing good.

But nothing is writen in stone and anything could happen.

If you get the chance have a look at [SIZE=-1]Disney War by James Stewart it is a great book about the Eisner years at Disney.

Disney was toying with the idea of merging with AOL before Time Warner did. I think they bought Go.com instead.

[/SIZE]

PaisleyMF

disneydaft said:
If you get the chance have a look at [SIZE=-1]Disney was toying with the idea of merging with AOL before Time Warner did. I think they bought Go.com instead.[/SIZE]

More of this. At some point when Apple was in very bad shape (when Gil Amelio was the CEO, before NeXT adquisition by Apple) there where rumors that Disney wanted to by Apple and focus on Computers and Edutaiment software for Kids (long before the iPods) but that was loong time ago.

Fantasyland-er

There was acctually an article recently I think on reuters, but don't quote me on that, that said DISNEY may be the one who buys apple if anything. The companies I think would fit nicley together technology vs entertainment.

comics101

There was acctually an article recently I think on reuters, but don't quote me on that, that said DISNEY may be the one who buys apple if anything. The companies I think would fit nicley together technology vs entertainment.

That'd be ok, but I don't want Apple buying Disney. I just can't imagine Disney being part of a company. It's just not right...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom