Mouse Ears Groom Top Hat... Help!

al5957

Original Poster
Hello Everyone!

My sister is going to be wed in May of this year. We were in WDW December of last year and my sister and her fiance came across the bride Minnie ears and the mouse ears groom top hat for him. I've already ordered her mouse ears but I am now finding out that it looks like Disney has switched up the design and the top hat is no longer available and is not even listed on the Disney shopping site anymore.

I've searched high and low, no luck finding them... :brick:

I'm hoping that someone could maybe have an idea on how to locate one as it would be much appreciated!

This is what I am looking for:

This is what they are currently selling, I think the top hat is much classier. Well as classy as you can get in a set of mickey mouse ears... lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

plaz10

if you want to pay an arm and a leg for them, I believe they can be found on EBay for like 50 bucks or something.

But another member on here had a good idea on how to get the top hat w/ears. She (HollyBelle) went to the Chapeau hat shop in Magic Kingdom (right on the right corner of main st) and they sell the individual ears. Then I'm assuming she is just buying a top hat elsewhere and putting the ears on herself. Plus those top hats always ran small and with buying one separately you could buy one that fits a little better. Hope this helps!

al5957

Original Poster
if you want to pay an arm and a leg for them, I believe they can be found on EBay for like 50 bucks or something.

But another member on here had a good idea on how to get the top hat w/ears. She (HollyBelle) went to the Chapeau hat shop in Magic Kingdom (right on the right corner of main st) and they sell the individual ears. Then I'm assuming she is just buying a top hat elsewhere and putting the ears on herself. Plus those top hats always ran small and with buying one separately you could buy one that fits a little better. Hope this helps!

That's an awesome idea! While I am always looking for an excuse to go visit the mouse I don't think I will make it down to WDW before the wedding.

I've looked around on eBay..... nada. :-(

love disney

Haha, I am so glad you wrote that! I tried on the top hat and ears last year and neither fit me properly, and my fiance already told me that I am wearing some on our honeymoon this fall. Glad I am not the only one who has found them to be too small! I will have to look in to buying a hat and ears separately...now if only the fall would get here so I could get married and honeymoon at WDW and on the Dream!!!

wizards8507

Haha, I am so glad you wrote that! I tried on the top hat and ears last year and neither fit me properly, and my fiance already told me that I am wearing some on our honeymoon this fall. Glad I am not the only one who has found them to be too small! I will have to look in to buying a hat and ears separately...now if only the fall would get here so I could get married and honeymoon at WDW and on the Dream!!!

This is what I ended up doing. I bought a (legit) top hat on eBay (with proper sizing), and found an old pair of Mickey Ears that I hacked up. Now comes the delicate task of mounting the ears on the hat without messing anything up.

al5957

Original Poster
This is what I ended up doing. I bought a (legit) top hat on eBay (with proper sizing), and found an old pair of Mickey Ears that I hacked up. Now comes the delicate task of mounting the ears on the hat without messing anything up.

Does anyone know where I can get a set of just the ears? This could be a good plan B.

al5957

Original Poster

Are they a one size fits all or do they come in different sizes?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Are they a one size fits all or do they come in different sizes?

I am headed down to WDW next week. I am happy to check Le Chapeau for you to see about the "just ears", then mail them to you. Despite the fact that you are from Boston and I am from the Bronx. ;) Love for Disney beats all other rivalries!!!:wave:

Let me know, by reply or PM, if you want me to look and pick them up for you.

al5957

Original Poster
I am headed down to WDW next week. I am happy to check Le Chapeau for you to see about the "just ears", then mail them to you. Despite the fact that you are from Boston and I am from the Bronx. ;) Love for Disney beats all other rivalries!!!:wave:

Let me know, by reply or PM, if you want me to look and pick them up for you.

Sent a message to you via PM.

DisneyDreamer52

Having the same trouble!

Hi all! I'm a new member, and I'm actually going to Disneyland on my honeymoon on May 3 (the wedding is May 2, 2011). If anyone has any updated info on where I can get this set of ears, please let me know! I'd buy them on eBay if I could find them :(

I'm also interested in potentially making some, but I'm concerned about not properly attaching the ears to a top hat...

skimbob

Call the guest services number at Disneyland and ask them about the ears. They will help you if they are available. The Mad Hatter is a popular store in DL that carries the largest supply of Disney hats. Good luck.

hth1917

My wife and I went during our honeymoon last year, and I had initially planned on getting the top hat style. It was horribly uncomfortable, so I got the other one. I actually like it quite a bit.

thecompman

I will tell you it's very possible that they will come back. A year and a half ago as my wife and I were preparing for our Disney Wedding, we learned that they released the new bride hat and were discontinuing the ears with the veil.

Luckily I was heading to Disneyland shortly thereafter in June and I found a pair and picked them up. After that a few months later I was in Disney World in October and sure enough they were no where to be found.

However when we finally went down to Disney World for our wedding, we couldn't believe it, we saw those bride ears EVERYWHERE we turned :)

So there might be a chance that they will return, just may take some time.

rustysgirl

i had looked for those ears everywhere! it didn't really matter to me which pair of groom ears i got i just wanted my fiance to wear some groom ears lol..when we went they didn't have any type of groom ears at all & they weren't online. i was so bummed. well i have since made my own (only to find that the ears have returned online again :brick:) o well we both have ears & we are ready for our honeymoon!

if anyone is curious as to how i made them i bought a regular/plain ear hat & found a wine bottle cover & it was basically a little tuxedo....well i did some cutting & attached it to the ears... i will try to post a picture later on. :wave: i'm really pleased with the way it turned out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom