Spectro Magic changes

drew81

Original Poster
New characters and floats are rumored to be added to Spectro Magic once it returns. The main thing would be Oswald the Lucky Rabbit getting his own float. Supposedly, that float would go from black to white.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Oh that's awesome drew, thanks! I'm going this coming weekend so it's MSEP for me (which people don't seem to like as much here, I'm guessing, but I've not yet seen it ever), but good to know Spectro's coming back for sure (plus some changes) for my next trip, as it's my favorite :D

RunnerEd

This is, of course, one of those opinion things and nobody is really right or wrong but, to me, MSEP is incredibly dated. There have been people in the crowd every time I've seen it that have asked things like "Who's that" or "What movie is that from?" Not a good sign for a parade. Retire it and move forward. Updating Spectro would be a great start but a new parade would be even better (in my opinion)!

S

stphnbogert

I like both parades but I find that MSEP was very short. I liked Spectro better because it was the first Disney parade I saw so it brings back some magical memories.

MUTZIE77

Awesome news! I love Spectro and have been waiting for some sort of news like this since MSEP came back. I had never seen MSEP until my trip in Oct, I did enjoy it. However I still like Spectro better because it has better music and it always reminds me of my first trip to WDW.

ToTBellHop

I agree--I prefer Spectro to MSEP, but it's time for a new parade. I'd even settle for a Fantillusion hand-me-down since it's never been featured in North America and would be new to most.

etwtec

New characters and floats are rumored to be added to Spectro Magic once it returns. The main thing would be Oswald the Lucky Rabbit getting his own float. Supposedly, that float would go from black to white.

Hmm well the question is will the existing floats still be used with no changes? I'll admit I was hopeing for something more "Major" as in a complete redo of the parade floats and having the look of tokyo disneyland dreamlights... but I have to keep in mind we are talking cheap TDO here lol.

danv3

Sounds good to me. But any idea when we'll see Spectro again?

WDW Monorail

I'm gonna go ahead and say that it would be a great marketing idea to have Spectromagic return for the summer. Just like MSEP was advertised for last summer, the same should happen again but in reverse.

By the way, the soundtrack for MSEP is HORRENDOUS.

disneypearl

I'm gonna go ahead and say that it would be a great marketing idea to have Spectromagic return for the summer. Just like MSEP was advertised for last summer, the same should happen again but in reverse.

By the way, the soundtrack for MSEP is HORRENDOUS.

Ok, I like your thinking. I would love them have Spectro come back this summer and would make a trip out for it.

I was at WDW last week and saw Specto cd's at most of the gift shops but never saw a MSEP cd anywhere. I would have bought one because I always try to pick up more park music cd's. It wouldn't have been played as much as my Spectro one but I still would have liked it.

wizards8507

There have been people in the crowd every time I've seen it that have asked things like "Who's that" or "What movie is that from?"

How many people know that the characters in Splash Mountain come from Song of the South? IMO, one of the biggest problems with WDW these days is the need to tie everything to well-known film characters at the expense of higher quality attractions, i.e. Stitch's Great Escape, Monster's, Inc. Laugh Floor, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom