Buzzy needs a make-over!!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I was scrolling around google for any 2011 pix on the Wonders of Life pavilion at epcot, I came accross this blog that gave me TONS of pictures i've never seen yet!

Go to, http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/2010/11/1/then-and-now-epcot-future-world-part-1.html

keep scrolling until you see the once beloved Buzzy animatronic. (I dont know how old the pictures are, but if he was like that 2 years ago, I don't want to know what he's like now) Notice that he's going bald... and HE SHOT HIS EYE OUT!!! :cry: Also, he's missing another eyebrow... shoot that picture scared me, made my heart broke to see poor buzzy look like that. But... I am happy to say that his mask isn't melting and his clothes aren't messing up or anything... i hope....:lookaroun

His blog is kind of recent, so here's a link for further reading.... it's beginning to interest me:wave: http://wol4eva.blogspot.com/

- WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

trr1

kind of looks like he had a stroke
nice hat and coat though

file.php

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It's interesting how when WDW closes attractions, they don't actually do anything to them, if they're not in view of the public, they just don't touch them at all.

Remember when someone found some painted walls and stuff from Food Rocks that was still there, even after Soarin' was already built and operational?

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
It's interesting how when WDW closes attractions, they don't actually do anything to them, if they're not in view of the public, they just don't touch them at all.

Remember when someone found some painted walls and stuff from Food Rocks that was still there, even after Soarin' was already built and operational?

I didn't know that! :eek:

I also don't know how to do the pictures on a post :eek:

- WondersOfLife

flavious27

That is just freaky, who knows what other finds are throughout the parks. Does anyone know how far they got with the german ride before it got nixed?

Lee

Adventurer
That is just freaky, who knows what other finds are throughout the parks. Does anyone know how far they got with the german ride before it got nixed?

They never started construction on the ride itself. Part of the area that would have been the queue is as far as they went.

Thrill Seeker

Actually, the theater is still there. The queue for Soarin' was built through it, but the stage, giant fridge and some of the theater is still there around the Soarin' queue.

flavious27

They never started construction on the ride itself. Part of the area that would have been the queue is as far as they went.

I know that biergarten was suppose to be the quene area, I don't know how much inside the show building they got done.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Actually, the theater is still there. The queue for Soarin' was built through it, but the stage, giant fridge and some of the theater is still there around the Soarin' queue.

Now THAT's something I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of! It sounds the theatre was cut in half by the queue :lookaroun

- WondersOfLife

pumpkin7

i have to say, i didn't even notice the wonders of life pavillion the last time we went. have they more or less completely obscured it now by trees? i'd hate to be walking around inside the pavillion and come across buzz... someone has posted a similar picture of him before on a thread. it's like coming across a small army of it's a small world dolls out the back of the attraction or something. creepy.

and don't get me started on what they've done to the living seas. they've taken all the character out of it, and painted it blue. i remember there being so much more in there to mess with and learn from, and now there's just 'find nemo in the tank!' ... no, teach me something interesting and make it feel like i'm going down to the deepest depths of the sea! grr.

Timon

Cranium Command - Buzzy should be moved to Innoventions with a new health story. It's a small nice size show which could easily change stories to stay up to date or for that matter have random shows.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
and don't get me started on what they've done to the living seas. they've taken all the character out of it.

Actually what you meant to say was: and dont get me started on what they've done to the living seas. they put too much character into it.

hahaha, living seas was alot better without any characters! ;)

and that's a nifty idea timon! Of course if they were to reopen Wonders of Lifee as it was before, I was thinking about them having different shows every three months (looping all the shows each year) and make it like a series of cranium command! Thus, the original being the first show, kind of what tokyo does with all 3 version of the country bears! :sohappy:

- WondersOfLife

Timon

and that's a nifty idea timon! Of course if they were to reopen Wonders of Lifee as it was before, I was thinking about them having different shows every three months (looping all the shows each year) and make it like a series of cranium command! Thus, the original being the first show, kind of what tokyo does with all 3 version of the country bears! :sohappy:

Since the show is mostly video and if the shows don't require Buzzy or the set to be changed for each show it would be easy to run any version at anytime. With the set projection like in the DLR SW ride you might be able to change the set look, too, with every show. This just seemed so logical and (OTD-please note) inexpensive.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Since the show is mostly video and if the shows don't require Buzzy or the set to be changed for each show it would be easy to run any version at anytime. With the set projection like in the DLR SW ride you might be able to change the set look, too, with every show. This just seemed so logical and (OTD-please note) inexpensive.

Exactly!

Now I'm wondering why the whole building can't be dedacated to Cranium Command. They could have to CC theatres for two shows running at different times like SGE. Then make the other half of the pavilion a lobby like Country Bear Jamboree! :sohappy:

- WondersOfLife

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Omg, my cover of There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow was featured on that site...had no idea :ROFLOL:

Such an awesome site and pictures, WoL! Glad to know someone else loves this pavilion to death as well, because frankly they should really do something decent to Buzzy.

Thanks, I don't want to see a decent show like that go to waist! It was my all-time favorite and it should have gotten more guests than what the show got. It could've fit better in Hollywood Studios, replace Sound Dangerous with Cranium Command! :D

- WondersOfLife

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Does anyone have any info. on the pavilion maybe reopening or something?

- WondersOfLife

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom