AP Best Rate Program changing?

thegoof

Looking at the Passholder website this morning, I noticed this.....

Take advantage of this great benefit that allows Passholders to book a last minute trip or plan ahead. This benefit replaces the Passholder Best Rate Program*.
  • For Passholders who like to make last minute plans, there is no longer a 60-day advance booking requirement. You can now book a room right up to the travel period (subject to availability).
  • For Passholders who like to plan ahead, you can now see offers months in advance.
  • Normal deposit/cancellation fees apply.
They must be currently updating this on the site, because the "learn more" hyperlink is not active. So, we'll have to keep an eye out for this.

Also, they list 3 current room specials through April 8th....and it includes CODES.....I'm guessing that it will no longer be online only.

Interesting.....

e4ymod

That sounds great. I'm a last-minute type of guy and usually can't take advantage of the Passholder discount. So if this is true, then I see myself staying on property a lot more now.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

thegoof said:
Looking at the Passholder website this morning, I noticed this.....

Take advantage of this great benefit that allows Passholders to book a last minute trip or plan ahead. This benefit replaces the Passholder Best Rate Program*.
  • For Passholders who like to make last minute plans, there is no longer a 60-day advance booking requirement. You can now book a room right up to the travel period (subject to availability).
  • For Passholders who like to plan ahead, you can now see offers months in advance.
  • Normal deposit/cancellation fees apply.
They must be currently updating this on the site, because the "learn more" hyperlink is not active. So, we'll have to keep an eye out for this.

Also, they list 3 current room specials through April 8th....and it includes CODES.....I'm guessing that it will no longer be online only.

Interesting.....
Woo hoo!!!! :sohappy:

I often like to plan "months" in advance, so it would be nice to get some kind of benefit for that... As opposed to my spur-of-the-moment trips, where it would be nice to still have some kind of AP benefit for those reservations.

All in all - this is great news!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

This is a great enhancement to the program!!!! I never understood why they didnt want last minute visitors!!! Good move on Disney's part!!!! Any passholders who want to book a trip ( remember Expedition Everest preview weekend is up and coming!!!) let one of the Kingdom Konsultants do the work for you!!! Give us a call at the below number or feel free to E mail me!!! Belle

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

wannabeBelle said:
This is a great enhancement to the program!!!! I never understood why they didnt want last minute visitors!!! Good move on Disney's part!!!! Any passholders who want to book a trip ( remember Expedition Everest preview weekend is up and coming!!!) let one of the Kingdom Konsultants do the work for you!!! Give us a call at the below number or feel free to E mail me!!! Belle

Wow - as Belle said, AP holders can book a room now for the EE previews using these new Passholder discount codes...

From the Passholder website:

Current Resort Offers:

Available most nights 1/16 - 2/4/06
$79 per night plus tax at a select Moderate Resort in a standard room**
Booking Code: BKE

Available most nights 2/5 - 2/15/06
$99 per night plus tax at a select Moderate Resort in a standard room**
Booking Code: EZA
Available most nights 2/20 - 4/8/06
$80 per night plus tax at a select Value Resort in a standard room**
Booking Code: EZK
The number of rooms available at this rate is limited.

* For Passholders who already have a room booked through the Passholder Best Rate Program, your reservation is not affected by this change.
** Other room types are available at varying rates. Passholder must present his or her valid adult Pass at check in. Additional per adult charges apply if more than two adults (18 or older) per room. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Offer will also be made available to certain non-Passholders in other select promotions.

Dammit - why do they keep tempting me into returning so soon after my previous trips!!

Now if only they would start to release summer codes, I would be able to get my plan on without being tempted by a trip in a few weeks!! :lol:

Upvote 0

brkgnews

WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's about FARKING time! Very glad to see this.

I'm off to change my ressies, the wonderful ressies of Diz.

Upvote 0

Nicole

Hooray Hooray Hooray!! I have been tempted to let my AP expire because the Best Rate program is such a pain. I tend to be a last minute traveler too.

Thanks so much for sharing this info!! You've made my day.

Upvote 0

elle72688

Oh my gosh I'm so excited they did this!!!! I might have to look into a quickie trip for the Everest Preview :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Just saw the news about the Best Rate Program being ousted on Mousesavers! (hey I've been working!) Anyway, I now might actually purchase an AP! I saw a line on the above mentioned site about being able to lock in a rate without an AP as long as you have an AP when you check in! Is this correct as well????

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

From what I Am reading you must have an AP or an exchange voucher to book online. I Am not sure if when you book by phone if you need to have this number as well as I havent done that yet for any of my clients. You will definitely need to have either the AP or the voucher in hand when you actually check in!!! Belle

Upvote 0

DWGIRL

We were able to upgrade to POR today for our trip at the end of Jan and we saved $40 overall. This is great because I have always wanted to stay there. We are last minute travelers as well and now our APs are really worth it. Go Disney.
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Trishnh

I still can't get on the site!!

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the site?? Every time I enter my passholder info it just bouces right back--I have checked the number 100 times to make sure I am entering it correctly.:brick:

Upvote 0

New2WDW

wannabeBelle said:
From what I Am reading you must have an AP or an exchange voucher to book online. I Am not sure if when you book by phone if you need to have this number as well as I havent done that yet for any of my clients. You will definitely need to have either the AP or the voucher in hand when you actually check in!!! Belle

"You can book with a valid Annual Pass, an exchange voucher or with the intent to purchase an Annual Pass, as long as you present a valid Annual Pass or exchange voucher upon check-in."

This is what I read as mentioned earlier and this would be great if so. You could wait for the deal to come out, see if the AP is the way to go and then get it afterward. But you definitely need it at check-in... I comprende. Thanks, Belle!

Upvote 0

Budahman

Bye Bye Best Rate.!!!:wave:

WhooHoo.!!

I just booked for Feb 1-5 at Animal Kingdom Lodge for $109.00/ night in a standard room. Now thats what I call magic.!

Thank you Disney for getting it right.! See you in a few weeks. :)

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

So is this their way of adding the non-refundable deposit and fee for modifications to the Passholder codes or is that done away with also?

By the way Belle,
congratulations on becoming part of the Kingdom Konsultants Crew!

Upvote 0

Heatherbell

Trishnh said:
Is anyone else having trouble accessing the site?? Every time I enter my passholder info it just bouces right back--I have checked the number 100 times to make sure I am entering it correctly.:brick:

Yes Trish, I am having the same problem. I am just too excited I can't wait but I tried about 1000 times.

Upvote 0

disneybonbon

Kind of curious...

Having made my reservation under the Best Rate program, am I still held to the non-refundable deposit now that the program is no more? I imagine that I would be, but I was wondering if anyone knew for sure.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Vernonpush said:
So is this their way of adding the non-refundable deposit and fee for modifications to the Passholder codes or is that done away with also?

By the way Belle,
congratulations on becoming part of the Kingdom Konsultants Crew!
Thank you so much for all the well wishes!!! I appreciate it!!! I look foward to helping anyone who needs to book a trip to Disney, just PM or e mail me!! Belle

Upvote 0

tecowdw

disneybonbon said:
Kind of curious...

Having made my reservation under the Best Rate program, am I still held to the non-refundable deposit now that the program is no more? I imagine that I would be, but I was wondering if anyone knew for sure.
According to the site, if you booked under the original Best Rate program you are still stuck with the cancel/change policy at the time of booking. So, on my reservation that I have and probably won't be able to use this month, I loose my deposit.
:cry:
Oh well, I would have paid them to get rid of that stupid, restrictive program anyway!

Kudos to all of us that made our disappointment known to WDW. Maybe they'll learn to not mess with passholders ~ we are a vocal segment of their business!! We reward them with our repeat business so they should treat us like they apprecaite it!
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom