Drinking Around the World.....In Epcot!

Raven66

Original Poster
Hey all, :wave:

My DH and my sister are very interested in this. I will be the designated walker.:lookaroun We've come to the decision that they will share drinks at each place. My question is this.............Does anyone know or can tell me where I can look for drink menus and prices? I did a search, but didn't really find what I was looking for. Any help that y'all can give us would be great.

Thanks!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
if you can control yourself, and only share 1 drink per pavilion, you won't pass the $100 tab mark... otherwise, bring plastic

Cosmo

i don't know that there is a list of drinks that you can get around the world, but as a "certified" beer adventurer who has done several laps around the world, here's what I can tell you, starting in Canada and going counter clockwise:

Canada: (prices between $US 5-9)
draughts include moosehead
bottles include labatt's, labbatt's light, and sometimes Fin d'Monde
I don't remember there being wine or other adult beverages available at the stand so unless you go into Le Cellier, beer is your drink

UK:
The Rose and Crown is definitely my fave. They have a full bar and usually offer a "drink of the day". All sorts of British ales/beers/lagers. If you just want to try the stand outside they have Guiness, Bass and Harp. They're about $8/pint. They recently had a beers around the world stand outside that also served some beers from other nations.

France:
Beer is Kronenburg and is about $6/bottle
Large selection of wines, champagnes and cognacs, both at the outside stand and at the counter in the wine store. Prices vary depending on what you want, but wine usually goes for about $3-5, champagnes about $7-9

Morroco:
Offers coffee liquors and also Casablanca beer. I believe they also have heineken and bud/bud light in the counter service restaurant. The table service restaurant offers a full bar.

Japan:
Saki bar inside Mitsukoshi gift shop. The sushi place upstairs offers a full bar including many Japanese drinks. The kakighori stand has Kirin, Kirin light, and Kirin ichiban beers. Saki is about $3-6, beer is about $4-7

US:
Bud, Bud light, one of those weird winecoolery things, and Sam Adams. Usually around $5-7

Italy:
Alfredo's offers a full bar (its a restaurant, but you can order drinks at your table). Try the Cafe Alfredo! Delicious.
The wine store offers many different types as well as my wife's fave Rosa Regale (prices from $3-7)
The stand outside offers peroni beer and other wines.

Germany:
Need you ask? The cart has bottled beers from Germany. The stand offers draughts (Lowenbrau and Lowenbrau Oktoberfest I believe). The counter service just outside the BierGarten has Jaeger, Rumpleminz, Apfelcorn(sp?), as well as several German beers. The BierGarten itself serves liters of good stuff as well as other adult beverages and many wines

The outpost:
Michelob, Mich Ultra, and a few other things. Officially, I don't know if this counts as a stop on the "beers around the world thing" I am a purist and only really count the 11 countries, but if you're thirsty between Germany and China, this might help you out.

China-
Plum Wine and TsingTao Beer (about $5 bottle). Nine Dragons has a selection of other beers and liquors and also has a full bar I believe.

Norway-
The stand outside usually has some different wines (including US wines) as well as Bud Light light and Karlsberg beer. You can get a huge beer there (its like $10 i think, but they also have smaller beers for like $6-7.) The bakery has several other beer and wine selections. The restaurant Akershus is like the other restaurants in that they offer more liquor drinks and wine selections. Norway used to serve Rignes beer...it was good and I miss it. :cry:

Mexico-
There is a stand that serves frozen margaritas of different flavors (strawberry, line, mango and something else) I think they're like $8?
The cantina de san angel, just outside the pyramid offers a drinks line (to the left of the actual food line) that has Dos Equis (XX) and also regular frozen margaritas. The San Angel Restaurant in the pyramid has several other Mexican beers, both on tap and bottled including Tecate, Negra Modelo and some others, as well as either frozen or on the rocks margaritas and other Mexican drinks.

That's about all i can do from memory. Good luck making it around. Be sure to have a designated driver or use Disney transport because even though 11 drinks over the course of a day doesn't sound like much, it will definitely do you in! Be sure to eat alot too! (my wife suggests that if you start in Canada, avoid the strawberry margarita at the end of the day...trust me...it was not pretty....:hurl: )

Have fun!:p :dazzle:

kev1000

we r just planing our trip for april then this thread pops up. as i like a beer or 2 this sounds a great idea and i will put some time aside to give this ago.is it far to walk from one area to the next.

crazydaveh

It's not a far walk from country to country, though it sure can seem like it on the ladder portion of the "tour."

I agree, this is great to do with friends, but be sure not to have to drive afterwords for obvious reasons!

I last did this during the Food and Wine Fest. Not only did we do the normal drinking, we added all the extras from the festival! Thank god for the Boardwalk resort being next door and the family on the bikes that hold a lot of people who gave us a ride back!

Space it out with water and food, and learn where the bathrooms are before hand! This will come into play!

Also... Try Soarin' afterwords, it's a whole new experience... If your stomach can handle this type of thing!

e4ymod

I would definitely wait for the food and wine fesival. Not only is everyone else around you drunk, but they add a couple of countries temporarily, allowing you to get even drunker.

debpeduz

My family and I have drank around the world countless times, during the Food and Wine Festival and during regular visits to Epcot. It has always been a good time for all. My family usually starts off in Mexico with a margarita and end up at Canada, if and only if the Car Bombs and Guiness don't keep us in the United Kingdom.

lawyergirl77

I don't know whether I would start in Canada... Don't forget the rhyme: Beer before liquor, never sicker :hurl: ; liquor before beer, all clear!! :)

Plus, those margaritas in Mexico are NOT for the fainthearted... I took my first Epcot Margarita far too lightly and I was paying for it by the time we hit Japan!! :lol:

kev1000

one thing we won't be driveing only drinking:slurp: .
we will have to locate all the bathrooms just to be on the safe side by the sounds of things.

e4ymod

lawyergirl77 said:
Ithose margaritas in Mexico are NOT for the fainthearted.
Tell me about it. I made the mistake of drinking a couple on an empty stomach. bu the time I got I Germany, I was already stumbling all over the place.

Hammer1310

My girlfriend and I did this last year on a trip with another couple. They wanted a day to themselves so we decided to hit Epcot for the second time that week and concentrate on drinks and food. We loved the strawberry margaritas at Mexico (a bit too much), enjoyed beer with the buffet in Germany (recommend highly) and didn't care much for the strawberry daiquiris in Morroco. For the most part we avoided heavy beers and stuck to lighter drinks (did I mention the margaritas?) and snacked most of the day.
I'm proud to say I was able to cap off our day with a ride on Test Track and Mission Space though she wasn't interested in joining me.:rolleyes:

maharet97a

Hubby, MIL, a friend and myself are doing this on our Feb trip. You can find menus with select drink prices at www.allearsnet.com. Our formula is to share and snack to avoid sickness. That way we also got to eat our way around the world in a small way. A drink and a taste of each country :).

Raven66

Original Poster
Thanks for all the quick responses. We are staying on-site, so we don't have to worry about driving. I don't drink very often, so I might have a sip here or there. But we will also have our daughter with us, so DD and I will spend most of our time laughing at the other two. I appreciate all your help. :)

MonoRon

e4ymod said:
I would definitely wait for the food and wine fesival. Not only is everyone else around you drunk, but they add a couple of countries temporarily, allowing you to get even drunker.

agreed thats the best time to drink around the world. I found doing it during the day under the hot sun can really bring you down. But I had fun each time I drank around the world.

LizziePooh

I did this with my sister during our trip last May. Our plan was to have margaritas in Mexico and end with ice wine in Canada. Yeah, we didn't make it that far. We did have glasses of wine in Norway and Morocco, had saki in Japan, and did the wine flights in Germany, Italy and France, and that's as far as we could go. It was totally bizarre being in that state of mind in Epcot, kinda surreal.

crazydaveh said:
Also... Try Soarin' afterwords, it's a whole new experience... If your stomach can handle this type of thing!

This is exactly what we did. After we had our last drink in Italy, we headed to Soarin to make our Fastpasses. And it really was a whole new experience. The crappy part was that that was my first time on the ride, so any rides i took after that just didn't compare. :goodnevil

celticdog

Cosmo said:
UK:
The Rose and Crown is definitely my fave. They have a full bar and usually offer a "drink of the day". All sorts of British ales/beers/lagers. If you just want to try the stand outside they have Guiness, Bass and Harp. They're about $8/pint. They recently had a beers around the world stand outside that also served some beers from other nations.

You forgot the "half a yard of beer" from the Rose and Crown. It's about 18 inches tall and runs about $12. My guess, it's equal to 2.5 pints. It's a good deal, plus you get to keep the container.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom