Carousel of Progress Changes in Last Scene on Christmas Eve 05 (photos!)

MissM

Original Poster
We hit MK on Christmas Eve and noticed a few changes in the last scene of CoP. I tried to get some shots but my camera doesn't do low light/no flash/no tripod very well so forgive the blurriness. Hopefully, it's enough to get an idea of the updates made.

First off, John looked really different. His hair looked different and his sweater was entirely new. In fact, it looked more like a pull over type sweater then his old holiday knitted one.
xmas-eve05-cop-john.jpg

*You can see the old style on this photo here: http://allearsnet.com/tp/mk/cop23.jpg

Secondly, the tree was full of BLUE lights - not the white ones it used to be. It was a very striking and noticable difference. Much more then it looks in the photo here. The blue was VERY bright.

xmas-eve05-cop-tree.jpg

*You can see the old white lights here: http://allearsnet.com/tp/mk/cop25.jpg

And third, Rover looked like he had an entirely new coat. He'd been excessively scruffy all year. And his bow was frayed and terrible looking. Now he's smooth as can be. So smooth he almost looks fake. :lol: This pic came out the worse but trust me, the difference is very noticable in person.

xmas-eve05-cop-dog.jpg

*You can see an old pic of him here: http://allearsnet.com/tp/mk/cop24.jpg

The changes in the final scene were pretty blatent but I hadn't read of anyone reporting them yet, so I thought I'd pass it along.

Enjoy!
-m

yensidtlaw1969

Looks like they're finally replacing the old Skins like they said they would, along with some other special touches.

I like it!

Yensid "surely-this-is-progress" tlaw1969

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's always a good day when Disney puts some TLC back into a classic attraction.

Thanks for the update. :wave:

Buford

Wow! Thanks of the SHARP EYE and PHOTOS! :D :D

This rehab really looks like it payed off. Nice work, Rehab team. :wave:

brkgnews

Nice job! Thanks!

By the way, Ryland -- in regards to your signature, the coffee is still ten cents. Hot water and a styro cup will cost you another $2.50.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Looking closer - it looks like not just the lights, but the tree in general has been redecorated and the presents re-wrapped.

Buford

It has been posted that more work has been done in the first stage and that Patricia's foot was replaced in the Christmas Eve part. I can't wait to go see everything for myself.

DisneyJill

mousermerf said:
Looking closer - it looks like not just the lights, but the tree in general has been redecorated and the presents re-wrapped.

I think you are right-the gold ribbon that was wrapped around the tree before is gone and there are red bows in the new pic. As well, the ornaments and gifts look different. Bright and shiny new!

MissM

Original Poster
Yup the ribbon and stuff is different too. I hadn't noticed about the presents but yeah, you're right, it is. The blue lights just stole my attention I guess! :lol: It was so very, very blue! *laughs*
-m

edit By the way, the Mickey plush under the tree and the Mickey nutcraker on the fireplace mantle were still there.

Brent

Nice to see some tlc put back into COP. Those updates look wonderful & I can only guss what changes will be made here & there within the next weeks ect.
Thanks for the update & the pics don't look that blury at all.

FigmentJedi

And I thought they replaced "Car Phone" with Cellphone as a simple script fix or add some product placement to the video game, like make it a PS3 or Revolution or whatever.

imagineersrock

Great eye, MissM!

Thanks for the update, I'm glad to see that lately lots of the "little things" have been getting fixed, touched up, or replaced. About a week or so ago, over in Epcot's Living with the Land boat ride, they just put the snapping crocodile back in that had been MIA for months and months.

Good job on the update MissM, and good job Disney for getting on top of things.

:)

dxwwf3

Great eye. When I saw the show a week ago I never really noticed the changes. I guess I was too busy enjoying the heck out of it actually being open that I didn't care. Hopefully more changes to the show will come soon and the CoP will still be one of the few attractions left in the MK that appeals to the grown ups first and foremost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom