Police Investigate First Ever Murder in Disney-Developed Fla. Community

WishingOnAStar

Original Poster
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20024116-504083.html
CELEBRATION, Fla. (CBS/WKMG) Police are investigating the first ever murder in Celebration, the Disney-developed community in Florida.

Osceola County sheriff's deputies said a woman who was checking on her neighbor found the man's body inside a Celebration apartment around 9:40 a.m. Monday, according to CBS affiliate WKMG.

"An individual called and said she was checking on a neighbor and when she went into the apartment, she found an individual deceased," said Twis Lizasuain, Osceola County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman

Detectives are seeking the public's help in locating a vehicle registered to the man, who lived at the complex.

Deputies described the car as a black 2008 Chevrolet Corvette with the Florida license plate G130FU.

Dawn Peraino, who lives nearby, said a friend was supposed to be keeping the victim's dog for the holiday and couldn't reach him over the weekend, according to WKMG. Investigators with the Osceola County Sheriff's Office have not confirmed many details regarding the case.

While residents wait to get more information, Peraino said she and other neighbors are hoping there's not a killer lurking in their quiet community.

"Everyone knows everyone. It's just a small town feel and we're very upset," Peraino said.

"In this neighborhood it's a rare occurrence for the Celebration community, and we are working this as an isolated incident," said Lizasuain.

Celebration is a small, family-oriented community that was planned and developed by Disney in the early 1990s, reports WKMG.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not to be hurtful to anyone, but if he had known heart conditions, he probably just had a heart attack.
The police are not going to investigate it as a murder unless it is fairly obvious that there was foul play. It is quite easy to tell the difference between natural causes and murder.

enoe01

Just my 2 cents; I know our PD investigates almost all deaths as a homicide investigation unless it is an attended death by a family member and the person was sick and there are no signs of foul play. Now if a person is just found dead inside their house and there is no reason for them to be dead, illness etc then it is an all out investigation treated as a homicide until proved differently. Second point the article says that they are trying to locate his vehicle, if it was a natural death shouldnt his car be there? Just my quick 2 cents.

Tater48

The car was found this afternoon in Kissimmee, after investigating a tip from the Osceola County S.O. tipline.

Tater48

The victim was found in the kitchen covered with a blanket. Sounds suspicious to me, too. Just a matter of time before this perp is caught. Wonder how much evidence he left in that corvette?

enoe01

The victim was found in the kitchen covered with a blanket. Sounds suspicious to me, too. Just a matter of time before this perp is caught. Wonder how much evidence he left in that corvette?

I am sure the house will have its share of evidence as well. We both know how careless people are. The Vette I am guessing that prints might be pulled from any smooth area I doubt they superglue vapor the inside. I do hope they run the evidence vac over the inside and suck up all this murders hair.

Tater48

From the Osceola County Sheriff's Department web page:

Detectives Arrest Suspect in Celebration Homicide

This afternoon, Osceola County Sheriff's detectives arrested David-Israel Zenon Murillo (DOB 2/14/82) and charged him with First Degree Murder and Dealing in Stolen Property. He will be booked into the Osceola County Jail. Murillo, a transient living in Kissimmee, was identified early on by detectives as a person of interest because his photo was located on the victim's computer, his fingerprints were found in the victim's condo and phone calls from a gas station close to where the victim's car was located were made by Murillo several hours after Matteo P. Giovanditto's death.
On December 4, detectives brought Murillo in for questioning after they discovered he tried to sell coins owned by the victim, Giovanditto. Murillo cooperated with the investigation and told detectives he was drinking with the victim at his condo on November 24 when they became involved in an argument. Murillo became enraged and struck Giovanditto with an ax that he found in a closet. He told detectives he continued to hit the victim's head in the floor until he became unconscious. The medical examiner's office confirmed Giovanditto died from blunt force trauma and strangulation. On December 5, detectives obtained a search warrant for Murillo's camp site located in a wooded area north of Ramada Inn on East 192 and located the victim's Apple Ipad, cash and collector's coins.
Today, detectives are in the area of Columbia Avenue and Thacker Avenue searching a canal where Murillo told investigators he discarded more evidence. Based on the evidence and statements from Murillo, he will be booked into the Osceola County Jail with no bond.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
What was a guy who lived in Celebration doing hanging around with a homeless guy? Much less taking him to his home and having drinks together? :eek:

Something doesn't add up here. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom