Millionaire To Be Taped @ MGM In Jan.

Brent

Original Poster
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire will take over the MGM atraction once again starting Jan. 12, 2006 through Jan. 15, 2006. This not only means that if your there at that time it will be closed but that you can see a tapeing of the show. To request tickets just head over to millionairetv.com Also on Jan. 14 wake up extra early & get to MGM for your chance to be selected for the walk in & win audience to have your chance at tv fame & a million big ones!!!
(I put this in WDW News because this is being held at MGM & the atraction itself will be closed during this time..so if it needs to be moved i'm sorry)

Mecha Figment

as much as i would like to be a walk on guest... i will be working there so it would be a conflict of intersts. so i can't win the money.

:brick:

Chernabog

Wait, if we work for the park then we still can't win? Man this sucks and I was going to be starting my new job a few days before. By the way figment, are you in school in Athens? I go to UGA and am finishing my schooling this december and starting an internship for the youth education series there. Where are you working?

Mecha Figment

Go dawgs. current student as well.

i'll be CPing as Puppetter Character performer in the spring.

I have student teaching left.. but i thought id take a semester off before i did that and graduated. might as well do it for disney.

carolina_yankee

Brent said:
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire will take over the MGM atraction once again starting Jan. 12, 2006 through Jan. 15, 2006. . . .)

That's a bummer. The same thing happened during our trip last January! I know it can be fun to watch a taping and it's nice to see DS as an active studio, but they were handing out tickets rights and left looking to fill the audience, started the taping about 40 minutes late, and it took much longer than WWTBAM-PI. I think we lost about 2 hours on that one!! The warm-up guy worked the crowd over for a good 20 minutes because we weren't loud enough in our cheering . . .

Dirk

GoofyFreek

I dont have anything to say about the taping. Might run by a day and check it out. But I did want to comment on the GO DAWGS WOOF WOOF WOOF. I am going to Disney this weekend and you will find me at the ESPN around 6 pm for the SEC Championships.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!

Brent

Original Poster
Meredith Vieira of The View host the syndicated version but is very good at it. I happen to like her even more than Regis. I recomend if you don't work at WDW & will be down there the 14th that you go over to MGM at 6am when you can line up. This really is the easyest poss. way to get onto a gameshow yes you are stuck there all day if you make the audience but its worth it. I'm sorry to those of you who are going down & are going to miss WWTBAM-PI because of the tapeings sorry to hear that.

crazydaveh

I've been to the tapings the past two years and it's a fun thing! If they do it the same as they have done in the past, you sit through two tapings and it takes about 2.5 hours.

It's fun and something different than a normal day at MGM!

I'll probably go again this year.

One more thing... GO DAWGS! LSU HAS NOTHING!

WDWScottieBoy

Looks like they're doing a UCF taping on January 12th at 6pm, so I signed up for that one first....and then signed up for the rest of the shows. :lol:

I'll be there! :wave:

DisJosh

bgraham34 said:
I thought Regis hosts the specials still. Oh well I will skip. I dont like the view people.

I don't believe they're "specials." They just do some of the tapings in WDW.

carolina_yankee

crazydaveh said:
I've been to the tapings the past two years and it's a fun thing! If they do it the same as they have done in the past, you sit through two tapings and it takes about 2.5 hours.

It's fun and something different than a normal day at MGM!

We may have just been there at a bad time - it was late in the afternoon, and you could tell the audience was tired and the production crew were frustrated. I was a little surprised at the length of time it took - my only other experience was watching a taping of Jeapordy in LA. They ran through 3 episodes in real time, with only 15 minutes pre-show prep with the audience and a 5 minute gap between episodes.

Still, it's fun to see a real show in production at DS if you're prepped for what to expect!

Dirk

JROK

WDWScottieBoy said:
Looks like they're doing a UCF taping on January 12th at 6pm, so I signed up for that one first....and then signed up for the rest of the shows. :lol:

I'll be there! :wave:

I'm thinking of signing up for the UCF one too... how does the whole contestant thing work out? How do you get chosen for the fastest finger seats and such?

Metallica_Band

Wow...I didn't know about this...then again, I don't work at MGM either...signed up...hope I get a tix and be on TV again (went all three days for the Christmas Day Parade taping :sohappy: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom