Christmas Parade Line-Up

nickcarraway

Original Poster
Lake Buena Vista, Fla., November 14, 2005 –- Walt Disney World Resort in Florida invites America to celebrate its 22nd annual Christmas Day Parade telecast from the heart of the Magic Kingdom, with special performances from the Disneyland Resort in California. Hosting this year’s parade is America’s hottest morning talk show duo, Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa, hosts of “Live With Regis and Kelly.” Everyone’s favorite music variety host Ryan Seacrest will lead the parade and concert performances from Disneyland Resort.

For more than two decades, the Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade has been a family tradition featuring Disney’s most cherished characters including: Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pinocchio, Princesses Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Ariel and Jasmine as well as the Disney Channel’s favorite Bear from Bear in the Big Blue House; Stanley; the Little Einsteins; The Wiggles; JoJo Circus and others.

The Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade telecast airs on ABC Christmas Day from 10 a.m. to noon (EST), 9 to 11 a.m. (CST), 8 to 10 a.m. (MST) and 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. (PST). Viewers should check their local listings for any changes in programming times.

Star-Studded Guest List
The two-hour parade special will highlight a variety of celebrity appearances and musical performances including: Star War’s Hayden Christensen; country superstar band Lonestar; acclaimed model, actress and singer Vanessa Williams; The View’s Star Jones; Mary Poppins’ Julie Andrews; golf champion Tiger Woods; award-winning actor John O’Hurley, best known for his appearance on ABC’s hit show Dancing With The Stars; sister songstresses Aly and AJ; American Idol Fantasia; tween pop group The Cheetah Girls; and young stars of Disney’s newest movie The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Anna Popplewell, Georgie Henley, Skandar Keynes and William Moseley.

A Disney Family Tradition
In addition to the parade’s impressive list of performers, the 22nd Annual Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade will feature fanciful pageantry from Disney’s globally renowned theme parks, including Walt Disney World in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California. At the heart of the show, the Walt Disney World Christmas Parade takes center stage, with Disney favorites making their way down Main Street, U.S.A., in the Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom.

WALT DISNEY WORLD presents
  • Christmas Tree float with Mickey and Minnie
  • Villains Car with Yzma, Kronk and Cruella
  • Cinderellabration at Cinderella Castle
  • Ice Pond float with Donald and Daisy
  • Princess Carriages carrying Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora with princes
  • Performance of Beauty and the Beast starring John O’Hurley singing Be Our Guest at Cinderella’s Castle
  • Power Rangers Car featuring the Power Rangers
  • U.S. Military Processional with remarks from President George W. Bush
  • Toy Factory float featuring Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie, Bullseye, toy soldiers and green army men
  • Bakeshop Factory float carrying Mrs. Claus, the gingerbread men, elves and maids
  • Herbie from Disney-MGM Studios’ Lights! Motors! Action! Extreme Stunt Show attraction
  • Candy House float
  • Sister act Aly & AJ will perform a song from the Jingle Jams CD
  • The Cheetah Girls to perform a song from their Cheetah-licious Christmas CD
  • Greetings from Tiger Woods plus others to follow
  • Cirque du Soleil will perform a living Christmas card spectacular

DISNEYLAND RESORT IN CALIFORNIA presents
  • Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams highlights the 50th anniversary of Disneyland with spectacular musical numbers featuring one of the largest casts of Disney characters ever assembled
  • A Christmas Fantasy Parade featuring Goofy, Chip n’ Dale, the Seven Dwarfs, Rudolph and reindeer friends plus Stitch as Santa in fun-filled Yuletide vignettes on Main Street, U.S.A.

Other Disneyland highlights include:
  • Space Mountain, America’s favorite Disney theme park adventure, has recently been re-Imagineered for the 21st century
  • A Float Fit for a Princess featuring special performances in the shadows of Sleeping Beauty Castle, which has been transformed into a “Crown Jewel” for the Park’s 50th anniversary
Disney’s Final Christmas Wish
Both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts will give a very special Christmas closing with performances of “Joy to the World” and “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.” To celebrate Disney’s milestone year and for the first time in the parade’s history, the show will expand its final number to create an unprecedented moment including all of the parks around the world. The finale will feature an international choir with Disney theme park Cast Members from Paris, Tokyo, and Hong Kong joining in for Disney’s final Christmas wish.

WDWScottieBoy

WOW! That's a nice line-up they've got there. I know I plan on being at the parks for both days of taping and going to have plenty of pictures to take!

Thanks for giving us this information!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
how in the hell did they get someone in Yzma? That's the costume that no one can wear. The one person that they got approved in it, sadly passed away a few years back.

I'm very curious

mm52200

Actually the S word is mentioned.

A Christmas Fantasy Parade featuring Goofy, Chip n’ Dale, the Seven Dwarfs, Rudolph and reindeer friends plus Stitch as Santa in fun-filled Yuletide vignettes on Main Street, U.S.A.

Edit: Sorry! just read that it was posted!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
TAC said:
DISNEYLAND RESORT IN CALIFORNIA presents
Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams highlights the 50th anniversary of Disneyland with spectacular musical numbers featuring one of the largest casts of Disney characters ever assembled

A Christmas Fantasy Parade featuring Goofy, Chip n’ Dale, the Seven Dwarfs, Rudolph and reindeer friends plus Stitch as Santa in fun-filled Yuletide vignettes on Main Street, U.S.A.
crap :brick:

PixyDust

HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN
Is he going to be in CA or FL? I didn't see where he was scheduled to be...

...please Florida, please Florida, please Florida...

And yes, I'm way older than him, but my eyes still work, and he is easy on the eyes!

lawyergirl77

Oh My God - they're putting in characters from the Emperor's New Groove (Yzma and Kronk)??? They're actually acknowledging that the movie exists?? No way!!!

YAY!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

(My happiness makes me scary beyond all reason... :lol: )

mm52200

lawyergirl77 said:
Oh My God - they're putting in characters from the Emperor's New Groove (Yzma and Kronk)??? They're actually acknowledging that the movie exists?? No way!!!

YAY!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

(My happiness makes me scary beyond all reason... :lol: )

Well also it just "happens" to be the exact same month Kronk's movie comes out.( Really you don't think they'd miss out on that opportunity)

prberk

I still wish the parade were still live. It was much better then (about '96 and prior). More spontaneous, less slick.

But anyhoo, I wonder if any of you remember when the Disney Channel used to show the Disneyland (Cali.) version of the Candlelight Processional on Christmas eve? That was a wonderful show. I wish they still showed it. I last saw it about five years ago, I think, on their schedule.

Also, I wonder if they even still do it at DL. I did not see it on their website this year, and I might actually being going out there over the holidays.

Paul

lawyergirl77

mm522 said:
Well also it just "happens" to be the exact same month Kronk's movie comes out.( Really you don't think they'd miss out on that opportunity)
Kronk has a movie coming out? Even better!!! :sohappy:

(God, do I ever feel lame for not knowing that!! :lol: )

JROK

My guess at Aly & AJ being there was correct too! Hooray! My girlfriend will be very excited! I'll also be there both days taking a million pictures... can't wait!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom