WDW Counter-Service Madness: Round 1 (Set #4 of 8)

What is your favorite Counter-Service from each pair of matches?

• Total voters

Splashman

Original Poster
The last set of matches provided us with two blowout matches and two closely fought battles with one resulting in what I consider the first major upset of the tournament. Personally, I feel the Old Port Royale Food Court at Caribbean Beach to be one of the better food courts on property because of the wide selection of food over the many stations. While Old Port Royale did receive a lot of support, in the end the voters chose Restaurantosaurus and it will move onto the second round. Interesting choice and I look forward to seeing how it fares in the next round. Okay, on to the fourth set of matches.

For this round, the first counter-service eatery to receive (20) votes or the place with the most votes after 48 hours has passed from the time of the start of each set will be the winner. You are voting for which place in each set of matches you like better taking into consideration overall quality, atmosphere, experience, etc. So, you are voting for four places (one in each set) and please feel free to comment or discuss why you voted that way as these threads are in the discussion forum. You may place your votes in the poll and/or write them out though I would prefer everyone vote by means of the poll. This set of matches is the fourth set out of eight first round sets. You are voting for one counter-service place in each match (4 total). Obviously, if you have not been to all the places, then only vote for the places you have experienced if you like. The eight poll options are not all going against one another rather they are matched up as written below so you are not picking your favorite out of the eight, but rather your favorite from each match. The fourth set:

Magic Kingdom Region:

Backlot Express (Hollywood Studios) vs. Fairfax Fare (Hollywood Studios)

Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Food Court (Port Orleans - French Quarter) vs. The Lunching Pad (Magic Kingdom)

Animal Kingdom Region:

Riverside Mill Food Court (Port Orleans - Riverside) vs. Lotus Blossom Cafe (Epcot)

Sunshine Season Food Fair (Epcot) vs. Contempo Cafe (Contemporary)

This match will end 7:00pm EST on Wednesday 11/17/2010.

Have fun!

ABigBrassBand

Magic Kingdom Region:

Backlot Express (Hollywood Studios)

The Lunching Pad (Magic Kingdom)

Animal Kingdom Region:

Lotus Blossom Cafe (Epcot)

Contempo Cafe (Contemporary)

Evil Genius

Magic Kingdom Region:

Backlot Express
(Hollywood Studios)

Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Food Court (Port Orleans - French Quarter)

Animal Kingdom Region:

Riverside Mill Food Court (Port Orleans - Riverside)

Sunshine Season Food Fair (Epcot)

Splashman

Original Poster
We always stay at POR so I voted for Riverside Mill, Excellent selection and never too crowded

I too enjoy the selection at Riverside Mill and have ate there many times. I have only stayed at POR once and I really enjoyed the atmosphere and we were within walking distance of the Riverside Mill Food Court.

gamblepsu

I used the poll - just posting my picks

Magic Kingdom Region:

Fairfax Fare (Hollywood Studios)

The Lunching Pad (Magic Kingdom)

Animal Kingdom Region:

Riverside Mill Food Court (Port Orleans - Riverside)

Sunshine Season Food Fair (Epcot)

Texas84

Sunshine Season Food Fair has become one of our favorites, especially the desserts! The new Backlot burger is another favorite but we miss the old Fuddruckers-style toppings bar. (Not a vote, I used the poll)

Splashman

Original Poster
Sunshine Season Food Fair has become one of our favorites, especially the desserts!

I have eaten at the Sunshine Season Food Fair a couple of times and while I think the food is good, I feel it is a bit overpriced, but that is just my opinion. I guess the price is higher since some of the food is suppose to be all organic. Yes, the desserts are very good!

Splashman

Original Poster
This set of matches are now over and the winners are:

Backlot Express defeats Fairfax Fare 28-6,

Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Food Court defeats The Lunching Pad 21-13,

Riverside Mill Food Court defeats Lotus Blossom Cafe 24-10,

Sunshine Season Food Fair demolishes Contempo Cafe 39-6.

The next set of matches will be posted shortly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom