Grandpas Hip Injury

Jen Jen

Original Poster
Sorry, couldn't post over the weekend and by the time I got on the previous thread was closed.

I wanted to let everyone who expressed concern over my Grandpa know that it is very much appreciated, and he is doing well now. The surgery was delayed because he had a reaction to a pain medication they gave him and almost died, but he recovered and had the surgery, which went extremely well. He'll be going back home this week!

To those of you who for some reason assumed that the fault with First Aid's incompetence must somehow fall on my family, yes of course an ambulance was requested. He wasn't sent to his hotel to rest, he was sent there to get an ambulance. I realize it makes absolutely no sense...thus my indignant frustration. As much as we all love Disney and the parks and all that goes along, and even if it might hurt a little, the truth is that even Disney is not perfect! Time to face reality. And if I was looking for an excuse or someone to blame over the accident of my Grandpa falling in the first place, I would not have clearly stated in my first post that it was nobody's fault. Ok?

Again, thank you so much to all of you who expressed best wishes for my Grandpa. They worked! He's doing great!

:sohappy:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Glad to hear he's doing alright.

Why was the original thread closed - Have we been expressing our opinions too much (again) ???

tigsmom

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
Glad to hear he's doing alright.

Why was the original thread closed - Have we been expressing our opinions too much (again) ???

The original thread was closed because of some insensitive postings.

Jen Jen, I'm so glad that your grandfather is doing well. Thanks for the update. ((HUGS))

PhotoDave219

You'll have to forgive me if i sounded insensitive.....

But honestly i wouldnt have let them move him back into the ECV.

When i was a CM, i witnessed an ECV accident.... it went down the hill at Epcot and out of control and crashed. The lady said she was OK but i wouldnt let her go without being checked out by Reedy Creek.
I guess thats just where i differ in the world....

Anyhow..... Glad he's okay in the end.

tigsmom

PhotoDave219 said:
You'll have to forgive me if i sounded insensitive.....

But honestly i wouldnt have let them move him back into the ECV.

When i was a CM, i witnessed an ECV accident.... it went down the hill at Epcot and out of control and crashed. The lady said she was OK but i wouldnt let her go without being checked out by Reedy Creek.
I guess thats just where i differ in the world....

Anyhow..... Glad he's okay in the end.

And that was part of the discussion too, and it went down hill from there.

For the record, I agree with you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom