WDW Counter-Service Madness: Round 1

What is your favorite Counter-Service?

• Total voters

Splashman

Original Poster
Yes, that is right everyone, it is back by popular demand. After receiving numerous messages expressing an interest from WDWMagic members, the Fall Madness competition is returning and this time the sequel to the original Sit-Down Restaurant competition will consist of the Counter-Service eateries around Walt Disney World. This competition will place 64 eateries around WDW against one another in a single elimination tournament to determine WDWMagic's favorite counter-service spot in WDW. The rules are simple: the counter-service place with more votes in each match wins the match and moves onto the next round. This will continue until we crown a champion.

Like all sequels, this tournament will be slightly different than the original. In order for the tournament to move more swiftly and to prevent these threads from clogging up the discussion forum, there will be some modifications to the format of the competition. They are:

1) The matches will now be in a poll format as opposed to each person having to write down their votes. This is to attract more voters.
2) In order to prevent having a lot of continued matches like last time, there will be a set time limit on each set of matches.
3) The winners are determined as the first to reach a set number of votes or the one with the most votes in each match at the end of the time limit.
4) For any ties in the first round, the poll will remain open for a set amount of time for that match only.
5) For any ties in the second round and on, the poll will remain open for a set amount of time for that match only. If the match is still tied after this, the winner will be the one with the most votes accumulated over the course of the tournament up to this point.

Okay, I think that about covers all of the rule and format modifications. Lets get on with the tournament! Like last time, there are four regions with 16 seeds per region. The regions are: Magic Kingdom Region, Epcot Region, Hollywood Studios Region, and Animal Kingdom Region. I am not going to reveal the seeds in each match in order to prevent any swaying of votes. This competition was a lot more difficult to create so I expect many more upsets this time around.

For this round, the first counter-service eatery to receive (20) votes or the place with the most votes after 48 hours has passed from the time of the start of each set will be the winner. You are voting for which place in each set of matches you like better taking into consideration overall quality, atmosphere, experience, etc. So, you are voting for four places (one in each set) and please feel free to comment or discuss why you voted that way as these threads are in the discussion forum. You may place your votes in the poll and/or write them out though I would prefer everyone vote by means of the poll. The first set (this is the first set out of eight first round sets):

Magic Kingdom Region:

Flame Tree Barbecue (Animal Kingdom) vs. The Mara (Animal Kingdom Lodge)

Casey's Corner (Magic Kingdom) vs. Good's Food to Go (Old Key West)

Hollywood Studios Region:

Electric Umbrella (Epcot) vs. Seashore Sweets (Boardwalk)

Fountain View Ice Cream (Epcot) vs. Boardwalk Bakery (Boardwalk)

This match will end 2:45pm EST on Thursday 11/11/2010.

Have fun!

Just some clarification because I realize my poll question may be a bit misleading. This set of matches is the first set out of eight first round sets. You are voting for one counter-service place in each match (4 total). Obviously, if you have not been to all the places, then only vote for the places you have experienced if you like. The eight poll options are not all going against one another rather they are matched up as written above so you are not picking your favorite out of the eight, but rather your favorite from each match.

NYwdwfan

I absolutely love the Boardwalk Bakery. We discovered it on our honeymoon (stayed at Beach Club) and I think we were there several times a day!! :D

gamblepsu

Voted in the Poll Above

The Mara (Animal Kingdom Lodge)

Casey's Corner (Magic Kingdom)

Electric Umbrella (Epcot)

Boardwalk Bakery (Boardwalk)

Splashman

Original Poster
Just some clarification because I realize my poll question may be a bit misleading. This set of matches is the first set out of eight first round sets. You are voting for one counter-service place in each match (4 total). Obviously, if you have not been to all the places, then only vote for the places you have experienced if you like. The eight poll options are not all going against one another rather they are matched up as written in the original post so you are not picking your favorite out of the eight, but rather your favorite from each match. Hope this helps.

ABigBrassBand

Makes me sad the Village Haus isn't on this poll (my personal favorite place to sit and eat in all of WDW), but I chose Electric Umbrella as second best.

Magic Kingdom Region:

Flame Tree Barbecue (Animal Kingdom)

Casey's Corner (Magic Kingdom)

Hollywood Studios Region:

Electric Umbrella (Epcot)

Boardwalk Bakery (Boardwalk)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom