Pleasure Island with kids

intenseblue98

I was thinking about using one of our Magic Plus options for Pleasure Island. I would like to be there for the NYE fireworks (in June), maybe check out 8-Trax or the comedy club or Adventurer's Club. We're not in to the bar-hopping scene and will have an 8yo and a 15yo with us. Any suggestions?

CatLady

If rumor is correct, there will not be midnight fireworks in June. They are supposedly discontinusing those at the end of this year.

Others may disagree with me, but I don't believe that Pleasure Island (especially after midnight) is a place that 6 or 15 year olds (6 year olds especially) belong. It is full of drunk people. Do you take your kids out to bars at home?

That said, plenty of people on this board can tell you about how acceptable it is/isn't to bring kids to those particular clubs.

Upvote 0

Erika

intenseblue98 said:
I was thinking about using one of our Magic Plus options for Pleasure Island. I would like to be there for the NYE fireworks (in June), maybe check out 8-Trax or the comedy club or Adventurer's Club. We're not in to the bar-hopping scene and will have an 8yo and a 15yo with us. Any suggestions?

I wouldn't do it either. Pleasure Island at night IS "the bar-hopping scene" which means you probably would not even enjoy it. Lots of drunks and lots of... you know, people doing what drunk people do :lookaroun

We spent a lot of time at 8 Trax when we were there with friends and although it was a lot of fun, it's a bar. I didn't think they let kids in there.

Upvote 0

MickeyTigg

CatLady said:
Others may disagree with me, but I don't believe that Pleasure Island (especially after midnight) is a place that 6 or 15 year olds (6 year olds especially) belong. It is full of drunk people. Do you take your kids out to bars at home?

PI and specifically The Adventurer's Club is no place for children. If the fireworks are still happening, watch them from Downtown Disney.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

intenseblue98 said:
While Disney does allow kids of this age into Pleasure Island I agree with everyone else who has posted thus far. It is a nightclub/ entertainment district. Unless you would normally take your kids to a nightclub at home, you may not want to take them to PI Either. There may be adult thinkgs going on that may not be appropriate for the younger set. I would look into DisneyQuest as one of your plus features! THAT I think everyone would like!!! Belle

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm definately agreeing with Belle here, take the kids to DisneyQuest. PI is one of the few things at WDW that I believe is truly for older folks. I used to go as a kid to it, and I never had a really great time, since it isn't designed for a whole family. I love DQ, and all ages, contrary to some people's beliefs, can have a good time. I love the Buzz ride, and the kids will have a great time. Plus, you can get great food at the Cheesecake Factory. Plus, as weird as this sounds, I love the smell of DQ. Anyone know what I am talking about here?

Upvote 0

SteveUK

Like others have said, and I don't mean to sound too negative but PI is not a place for kids. Although they may technically be allowed in certain areas, I don't like to see kids there. That may sound selfish, but it is an adult area with adult things. I like to have somewhere to go after a day in the parks with millions of kids, to have a beer and relax away from children.

Upvote 0

Sumr731

Child care all the waaaaaaaaaaay. Most of the "kids clubs" close at 12 so that wouldn't be an alternative but you can get a personal "Disney" sitter.

I don't reccomend taking the kids to PI though. :( Keep in mind that alcohol is being sold on the streets...it's like one huge OUTDOOR BAR.

Upvote 0
To be quite honest, I don't think the kids would remotely like it anyway.

So, to echo what others have said, PI no, DQ yes. or a sitter.

Anyway, what's more fun than Astroblasting your youngling into oblivion! :lol:

Upvote 0

disneygirl_wdw

I know there are people that do bring kids there. We actually took my younger 13 year old sister. She had a lot of fun. We went to the comedy warehouse and adventurers club. She loved the comedy warehouse. After 12 there are not that many kids there. I would say it's up to you. I wouldn't take an 8 year old, but your older child might enjoy it. It also depends on the content of the shows. Since comedy warehouse is an improv comedy you never know.

Upvote 0

intenseblue98

Original Poster
Thank you all. I lost this thread for a few days. I was looking for it on the wrong board and couldn't figure out how to find my posts.

I really don't want to go to PI, a friend who is going along wanted to go. From the reading I've done on allearsnet I couldn't get a feel for whether it was exclusive to the over 21 crowd or not, but I'll go with my gut and stay away.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom