Re-looking at the Country Bears

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Hey guys, two days ago i was at Magic Kingdom, of course I saw every animatronic show at the theme parks.

The tiki room is still okay, they should hide the inside of Zazu's mouth so you can't see the medal and stuff... we sat under him so it was kinda weird :lookaroun

But I know i've been arguing a few days ago about how they should keep the country bears, but since I just saw it, it was NOT like it was 2 years ago! I'm telling you, it's in it's WORST stage yet!

Ugh, you could not hear ANYTHING!!!!! I was so mad, you could barely even hear the music! :fork: I mean, even the animatronics are in the worst conditions! This should sink to the worst attraction at WDW now, i never wanted to say that either. I'm surprised Disney even had it open!! The only part you could hear was the stage on Big Al's side. But I mean, sure people were clapping, but it was so soft that kids started whining, people started talking and leaving the theater and every 5 minutes cast members would say please do not leave the theater for the entertainment of others please! WHAT ENTERTAINMENT :lookaroun

Tomorrow i'll see it again and complain to a cast member, which i guess will be awkward cuz i'm only 12 :rolleyes:

Now, in my case, they just literally ruined my favorite attraction. It was a full house, but people just started talking and stuff. Kids got bored. The animatronics moved very stiff. Couldn't hear anything.

Sorry for over reacting or anything, and sorry for arguing before! Didn't know what ya'll were talking about!

Who's up for doing a fundraiser and buy Disney some new speakers? :D At least for now they could use them, then in the mean time, update the animatronics...

They also had the worst finale, get this, when Max and the other heads were supposed to sing, the music and voices were singing and stuff, but they animatronics didn't even move... :lookaroun <--- used that smiley too many times! :lol:

- WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Walt Disney1955

I have never been to the show when people have peeled out of there. Everyone has stayed for the whole thing. The show is a classic. Can it used some TLC? Sure, the sound could improve. Last week they made reference to it on the show Big Bang Theory if anyone remembers.

The show will never be replaced, nor should it. It fits the theming and honestly would a big empty spot be better than CBJ?

TRONorail10

Hey guys, two days ago i was at Magic Kingdom, of course I saw every animatronic show at the theme parks.

The tiki room is still okay, they should hide the inside of Zazu's mouth so you can't see the medal and stuff... we sat under him so it was kinda weird :lookaroun

But I know i've been arguing a few days ago about how they should keep the country bears, but since I just saw it, it was NOT like it was 2 years ago! I'm telling you, it's in it's WORST stage yet!

Ugh, you could not hear ANYTHING!!!!! I was so mad, you could barely even hear the music! :fork: I mean, even the animatronics are in the worst conditions! This should sink to the worst attraction at WDW now, i never wanted to say that either. I'm surprised Disney even had it open!! The only part you could hear was the stage on Big Al's side. But I mean, sure people were clapping, but it was so soft that kids started whining, people started talking and leaving the theater and every 5 minutes cast members would say please do not leave the theater for the entertainment of others please! WHAT ENTERTAINMENT :lookaroun

Tomorrow i'll see it again and complain to a cast member, which i guess will be awkward cuz i'm only 12 :rolleyes:

Now, in my case, they just literally ruined my favorite attraction. It was a full house, but people just started talking and stuff. Kids got bored. The animatronics moved very stiff. Couldn't hear anything.

Sorry for over reacting or anything, and sorry for arguing before! Didn't know what ya'll were talking about!

Who's up for doing a fundraiser and buy Disney some new speakers? :D At least for now they could use them, then in the mean time, update the animatronics...

They also had the worst finale, get this, when Max and the other heads were supposed to sing, the music and voices were singing and stuff, but they animatronics didn't even move... :lookaroun <--- used that smiley too many times! :lol:

Oh no... here we go again, another guest complaining about how much CBJ, SGE, and Tiki room suck. First off, don't complain to the CBJ cast members about how much you hate the attraction, cause guess what, they don't care, it's their job. They aren't imagineers, electricians, or carpenters, they CAN'T change anything on the attraction for YOU. Complaining to cast members about something opinion based is pointless, it ruins the CM's day and won't get u anywhere. If you want to complain at Disney World, go to GUEST RELATIONS. Though guest relations performs many functions, the main thing they do i s handle guest complaints so that CM's out in the park don't have to take all of the abuse while they are trying to perform their job for thousands of people everyday. So my advice would be to complain at guest relations, where they will take down your name and address. They will therefore have you in the system for life, then the cast member will hand you a Mickey sticker and a fastpass good for any ride in the Magic Kingdom, and then offer to send you an e-mail when CBJ will be receiving a refurbishment to fix all of the problems you just complained about. :hammer::ROFLOL:

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Oh no... here we go again, another guest complaining about how much CBJ, SGE, and Tiki room suck. First off, don't complain to the CBJ cast members about how much you hate the attraction, cause guess what, they don't care, it's their job. They aren't imagineers, electricians, or carpenters, they CAN'T change anything on the attraction for YOU. Complaining to cast members about something opinion based is pointless, it ruins the CM's day and won't get u anywhere. If you want to complain at Disney World, go to GUEST RELATIONS. Though guest relations performs many functions, the main thing they do i s handle guest complaints so that CM's out in the park don't have to take all of the abuse while they are trying to perform their job for thousands of people everyday. So my advice would be to complain at guest relations, where they will take down your name and address. They will therefore have you in the system for life, then the cast member will hand you a Mickey sticker and a fastpass good for any ride in the Magic Kingdom, and then offer to send you an e-mail when CBJ will be receiving a refurbishment to fix all of the problems you just complained about. :hammer::ROFLOL:

Yeah I just thought the more cast members that quitted the more influence it'd be to do the refurb.. :lookaroun :lol:

- WondersOfLife

audiotinker

People will not agree with me here, but I'm not a fan. I think its terrible. One of the worst "rides" at DW. That being said, I'm sure it was fantastic in its day, but I've said this before and I'll say it again, I don't understand why its still around! I've seen it a few times and I've always been weirded out! :lol: People will argue that its nostalgic, people "love" it etc, but I think its outdated, in major need of repair, and could be replaced by something more loveable than a creepy dusty bear singing "blood on the saddle". :ROFLOL: I think I would even be ecstatic about them just updated the thing to a shiny new gleaming 21st century bear jubilee with fantastic animatronics, pertinent songs, etc.

I will say though that I love the pre-Iago version of the Tiki Room. I hate that bird! :hammer: But I do make a habit of going every time I'm there. Who can help it! Its awesome (ignoring the changes) :rolleyes:

Scooter

I think CBJ is hands down, the worst attraction in Walt Disney World.

The first time I saw it, I was not impressed at all. I thought maybe I was just having a bad day or something so on my next trip I gave it another shot and again, I thought it was horrible.

Why? Probably because of the out dated audio animatronics. I'm sure when it came out it was ahead of it's time and was considered awesome but now, you can hear the buzz and whrrrrs, and clicks of the 40 year old technology, not to mention the political incorrectness of bears drinking corn squeezins from gallon jugs singing about shooting Buford instead of whoopin him.

They need to close the place down...and if they insist on keeping the characters, they should haul them over to Pleasure Island, and install them in The Adventurers Club where perhaps the local AC junkies, who seem to enjoy things things that hang on walls and talk, will get a chuckle out of them.:p

TRONorail10

I do agree CBJ is a terrible attraction. It desperately needs new songs and music, the score is horrible and completely boring for this generation. It lacks the sing-a-long and upbeat feel that would make it a fun and cute attraction that kids and adults would enjoy. Like I stated before, for anyone even thinking about complaining about something at Disney World, don't ruin a cast member's day complaining about something they have no control over. Complain to Guest Relations, it is their job to listen to your feedback. And take the SURVEYS whenever you see a surveyer in the park. That is the only way anything will ever change at Disney World.

Chip'N'Dale Fan

I know it's hokey, but the critters have personality and the songs grow on you. I do think the audio could use a tune-up, though...it didn't sound very clean or crisp in May when we were there.

I think the attraction is a classic, but I concur that the anamatronics are in desperate need of being either fixed or completely redone. They move too slowly, the gears and clicks can be heard over their voices a majority of the time, and... just, blegh. I love the bears, but after the Fantasyland expansion, they really need to give them some love and deserved affection. I would definitely be more inclined to visit it if it were massively refurbished.

adv.bluedude

I went on it in July and it was running fine. Audio was just fine and though the AAs are a bit outdated, it doesnt really effect anything. It's that nostalgia factor that keeps people coming in and guess what. It's still a classic. People were clapping the whole time and cheering(though there were only about 10 of us in the theater

Magenta Panther

Didn't they just do an audio refurb like a year ago?

Yes, but it wasn't nearly enough. I've complained about the show myself. The animatronics move VERY stiffly now - so much so, that watching CBJ now is like watching a stage full of Teddy Ruxpins! :mad: When I see Youtube videos of the original show, and see how beautifully and smoothly the bears and the animal heads USED to move, man...I wanna cry.

Shame on whoever in the Disney org has let this charming show go to seed! :cry:

TRONorail10

Honestly, how many people actually know the songs in the attraction enough to sing them to yourself outside of the attraction. Pirates, Splash, Small World, Tiki all have music you can partially remember. I still stand by my point that the music in CBJ needs to be completely redone, along with the movement of the animatronics. Although, i guess i could say the same thing about the animatronics in POTC too, at least they have a good song! :)

DisneyMusician2

Honestly, how many people actually know the songs in the attraction enough to sing them to yourself outside of the attraction. Pirates, Splash, Small World, Tiki all have music you can partially remember. I still stand by my point that the music in CBJ needs to be completely redone, along with the movement of the animatronics. Although, i guess i could say the same thing about the animatronics in POTC too, at least they have a good song! :)

Actually, the music is rather catchy when you can hear it. What the attraction really needs is either a full overhaul (new AA's included) or to really be put out of its misery. I used to love the show, but I haven't seen it on my last 3 trips.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Hey guys, I just went on it again 1 day ago, this time I sat on the third row. (when i said people were leaving the theater, I had forgotten it was because a special needs group was getting a little crazy.. :lol:)

So I sat on the third row, I enjoyed it a little more than I did before. I was the only one on that row, while most of the people piled in the back for some reason. :confused: :shrug: I could hear things a LITTLE better, but the stage second to the right (where -liverlips?- sings), I could hear NOTHING but clicks, clanks, and a little bit of music. I forgot to complain at guest relations, so is there any way to complain over e-mail? :)

Also, my sister didn't wanna see it again, she said she waited outside, saw one of the bears try to catch a duck, it swam away and... yeah. Now if the bears were real, dontcha think that bear would be getting ready for ther show and lay of chasing ducks? :ROFLOL:....had to say it:wave:

- WondersOfLife

theRIOT

CBJ needs TLC

God Bless the Country Bears.

I love this show. From the first visit to my last - it's an entertaining show.

That said, it needs fixing. Badly. Management really needs to cowboy up and get it done. Like yesterday.

A Marc Davis original is rotting in front of our eyes. They took it away from Disneyland for an awful piece of pooh, and we all know the state of WDW's.

Do you know what's worse? No more Christmas version. It was better than the original. Yup, I said it. Who's going to tell me that I'm wrong?

But seriously - don't whine, cry or moan to a CM. I'm a former CM. Our hands are tied, we can't make it happen. Guests that care need to let Phil and Co. know how they feel about how run down the Vacation Kingdom of the World (copyright Disney. Please don't sue.) is truly becoming.

I love the place to pieces, but I don't care for how it's being run.

rant over.

StageFrenzy

God Bless the Country Bears.

I love this show. From the first visit to my last - it's an entertaining show.

That said, it needs fixing. Badly. Management really needs to cowboy up and get it done. Like yesterday.

A Marc Davis original is rotting in front of our eyes. They took it away from Disneyland for an awful piece of pooh, and we all know the state of WDW's.

Do you know what's worse? No more Christmas version. It was better than the original. Yup, I said it. Who's going to tell me that I'm wrong?

But seriously - don't whine, cry or moan to a CM. I'm a former CM. Our hands are tied, we can't make it happen. Guests that care need to let Phil and Co. know how they feel about how run down the Vacation Kingdom of the World (copyright Disney. Please don't sue.) is truly becoming.

I love the place to pieces, but I don't care for how it's being run.

rant over.

So are you saying it needs to come "Under New Management"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom