Proposal ideas..

mikey531

Original Poster
I am planning on getting engaged when we are at MVMCP on 11/30. I am very familiar with Disney World (been 25 times) but didn't need the services I need now. The other thing is I am 59 and the love of my life is 53. I will also have my Son, his wife, and 2 grandsons 7 and 5. I am asking for suggestions and/or place to do this. Any help or contacts I can call would be appreciated.

slappy magoo

Will you be doing this in front of the family? Or were you planning on time away from the group for this moment?

I'm just thinking whilst writing, but I would think if you did it later in the night, there'd be a better chance that it wouldn't be QUITE as crowded, as many people with little ones will have started heading back to their rooms.

I also don't know if you wanted to do it up big or not.

I didn't do it in the MK, and I did it "halfway big." I proposed at the Rose and Crown in Epcot, a few minutes before Reflections of Earth. We had an outside table, and I had flowers delivered to our table as a precursor to my little lovey-dovey-make-me-the-happiest-man-on-earth speech. I would think something that's KINDA low-key but nonetheless sweet would be to do it before the fireworks, ask her what she's like for the holidays then slip on the ring when you explain what YOU'D like for the holidays is a life with her.

If you're able to peel yourself away from the family for the big moment, you could also consider a romantic dinner BEFORE the MVMCP. Bear in mind, while the party "officially" starts at 7, your tickets grant you park entry starting at 4. The rest of the family could go to the parks, and you could have an earlier dinner at Cali Grill or Artist Point, have a nice special dinner, pop the question, and then monorail or ferry back to the park to (hopefully) celebrate the answer AND the season with your family.

mikey531

Original Poster
It will be with my son and his family.. what I have discovered is that if she and I ever break-up they are keeping her and getting rid of me ! I like the half-way big. Something that will seem big, but really won't be if that makes any sense.....

mikey531

Original Poster
I was just reminiscing some previous trips and she really likes the Beauty and Beast show at Disney Studios, (maybe because I look like the beast?) any ideas how I could work that in?
Thanks!!

Fashionista007

Belle and the Beast are scheduled to appear at EPCOT in France during the day. It's usually by the water across from Les Chefs De France.

Belle daily at 11:30am, 12:20, 1:20, 2:20, 4:15, 5:20 & 6:15pm
Beast daily at 1:30, 2:30, 3:35, 4:30 & 5:30pm

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/

You could get in line like you just want to get a picture and when you go to pose do something funny like say "Wait! I forgot to tie my shoe!" and then propose.

I wanted a private experience and my DF just proposed to me a few weeks ago on Peter Pan's Flight during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party. It's my favorite ride and it was perfect! Good luck with your proposal and I can't wait to hear what you decide :wave:

mikey531

Original Poster
I have been doing some thinking and maybe I could tell her I set up a meet and greet with Belle and the Beast after the Disney Studio show? I think I could get a Disney photographer to take photos and ask her then? My son and his family will be with us so she wouldn't suspect anything. Any ideas on how I could make this happen and any help with who I should contact to make it happen?
Thanks !!

DisneyPrincess5

Ooo how exciting! Congrats on your upcoming engagement.
I see you said she doesn't have a favorite attraction, but does she or you both have a favorite restaurant in WDW or a favorite spot?

Fashionista007

I have been doing some thinking and maybe I could tell her I set up a meet and greet with Belle and the Beast after the Dsiney Studio show? I think I could get a disney photographer to take photos and ask her then? My son and his family will be with us so she wouldn't suspect anything. Any ideas on how I could make this happen and any help with who I should contact to make it happen?
Thanks !!

I think that this sounds perfect! You can call Guest Relations to set this up, they love helping with engagements :) Best of luck to you and I can't wait to hear how it goes!

mikey531

Original Poster
Update: I called and left a message with Disney. They called back and got in touch with the Manager of Beauty and the Beast. It is all set up!! He was incredibly cooperative and helpful and it will be my and hopefully her dream come true ! I will post the results when we get back. I still can't believe how easy they made it for me.

becanya

Sorry to gush, but that is so incredibly exciting. You guys are going to have the best time. Do not tell your hotel that is what you are celebrating though...someone on here had a story about the CM saying congrats on their new engagement when they checked into the hotel. Ruined the surprise.

What if you had dinner at Cinderella's castle and proposed to her there? That would be very romantic. Or in Minnie Mouse's house? Or what about during the fireworks show?

becanya

Update: I called and left a message with Disney. They called back and got in touch with the Manager of Beauty and the Beast. It is all set up!! He was incredibly cooperative and helpful and it will be my and hopefully her dream come true ! I will post the results when we get back. I still can't believe how easy they made it for me.

OK, reject all my ideas, that will be way better. Congrats...can't wait to hear how it goes!

devoy1701

Sorry to gush, but that is so incredibly exciting. You guys are going to have the best time. Do not tell your hotel that is what you are celebrating though...someone on here had a story about the CM saying congrats on their new engagement when they checked into the hotel. Ruined the surprise.

What if you had dinner at Cinderella's castle and proposed to her there? That would be very romantic. Or in Minnie Mouse's house? Or what about during the fireworks show?

:dazzle: (that was me)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom