New WDW Experiences? Just took a survey online.

TTA_CoP

Original Poster
I just took a survey online (gave email address at Epcot in late August 2010), and haven't seen the info anywhere else online. I basically copied down everything that was on the screen (Copy/Paster, nor Printscreen worked on the survey site, so I used a fair amount of paraphrasing, but still took an hour plus (It's OK, I'm at work :) ). Looks like what they're planning to used the RFID for. It's a bunch of info, so it may take a few posts to get it all in. Here goes....

Please read the description of Themed Personalization below and answer the question at the bottom of the screen.

Immerse yourself in a specific story of your choosing like Pirates, Toy Story, or Romance. Personalized experiences related to the story you choose are woven into the course of one day in the theme parks. Each story also includes an unlimited photo/video package for your entire vacation.

Stories
Epcot Insider
Enjoy insider stories and secrets that give you a special insight for the magic of Epcot and the Imagineers who designed it
Be A Star!
Enjoy VIP privileges as the world of movies, music and TV lights up around you at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Romance
Enjoy romantic surprises as you celebrate your love or let it bloom anew at the Magic Kingdom
Haunted Kingdom
Discover the supernatural side of the Magic Kingdom as ghostly surprises give you chuckles and chills
Toy Story Maniacs
Enjoy personalized Toy Story surprises on Pixar Street and compete with friends on Toy Story Mania!
Animal Kingdom Expedition
Go deeper into the stories of Disney’s Animal Kingdom as you build your own online field book and enjoy animal-themed surprises around the park
Pirate Adventure
Enjoy pirate surprises and celebrate your inner buccaneer when you visit the Magic Kingdom
Great Tastes
Sample flavorful experiences, discover culinary tips from around the world and share your tastes as you explore World Showcase at Epcot
Princess Fairy Tale
Be treated like a true princess and discover magical surprises at the Magic Kingdom

TTA_CoP

Original Poster
Toy Story Maniacs:

At Home: Create own TS friend who invites you to play at Toy Story Mania (when at parks)

Wake Up Call: Fun wake up call from Buzz with tips to get best score on TSMM.

AT PARKS:

Special Surprises from your custom toy while playing TSMM

Share/compare scores with friends/family via personal tournament (using social media)

Score sketched by Etch as you leave TSMM

***(Package comes with Unlimited Photo/Video Package, doll of you and family on small world, and score on TSMM) *** All packages come with these

TTA_CoP

Original Poster
ANIMAL KINGDOM EXPEDITION:

AT HOME:

Enjoy a Welcome from Expert: Get personalized video from animal services expert.

At Parks:

Receive personal storybook with your adventures that you have planned for the next day.

Build online field book: Discover special locations in park to collect photo/vid and collect cool animal facts.

Personal Surprises: Personalized moments around park (I.E- your picture on wall outside EE as a Yeti expert.

Get a recorded call from Joe Rhode with insights/stories about AK.

***extras as above.

TTA_CoP

Original Poster
EPCOT INSIDER:

AT HOME:

Video welcome from imaginer.

AT PARKS:

Insiders Map: Tips stories on map. Also wake up call from Sklar or Lasseter.

Use phone to reveal EPCOT history: See the park as it looked in the past as your mobile device becomes a time portal- visit an attraction, choose a year on the portal, and hold it up to the ride to see the ride transform back to the way it used to be. Use time portal to take pics of you with old ride (way used to look/old ride).

SSE Alternate Imagineer soundtrack: Ride SSE with imagineers who designed the ride give alternate audio commentary during the ride.

Inside info on phone: Your map leads you to special locations where you get a call with insider info from original EC designers and Walt himself. These are added to your journals.

***extras as above.

TTA_CoP

Original Poster
GREAT TASTES:

AT HOME:

Online welcome from WDW chef, and food themed guide to parks/resorts. Comes with online journal (as all do)

At resort:

Gourmet Passport: Receive passport (collect stamps from around WS after sampling foods/drinks)

Kids get inside scoop from Remy, who sends info to your/kids phone. Can tailor info depending on choices/tastes.

Rate/Share dining experiences.

***extras as above.

TTA_CoP

Original Poster
PIRATE ADVENTURE:

At home:

Become a pirate: Pick pirate name, create pirate flag before you go to parks..

AT PARKS:

Be Welcomed as One of the crew: put on your pirate gear, and cm’s will greet you with a mighty “yarrr”

Appear on a “Pirate Wanted” poster: Discover a wanted poster with your pirate name/picture on it while in line for PoTC.

Use Map to unlock secret treasure: Use special treasure map to find a lost pirate medallion.

***extras

PRINCESS FAIRY TALE:

HOME:

Create your perfect princess enchanted locket.

AT PARKS:

Invitation to meet princess/get locket-at check-in; receive invite to meet favorite princess next day, and get your special locket.

Magical Surprises: Discover personalized surprises around Fantasyland i.e-Fairy Godmother appearing to you in well.

Show Locket to Fav Princesses: Fav princess will compliment you on your locket

Locket will sparkle during parades/fireworks.

Photo/video/small world doll of you and family/tsmm score picture (comes with all packages)

***extras

TTA_CoP

Original Poster

BE A STAR:

AT HOME:

Create celebrity profile/fan club: Pick celebrity stage name, and create fan page (with help from Disney).

AT PARKS:

Personalized Star Map: Map with what to see, and where to be seen.

Live updates to your fans: visit locations on star map to share automatic status updates with your fans; collect new fans, and have paparazzi snap you pic (to go on your page)

Star treatment on Hollywood Blvd: experience moviestar milestones (placing hands in cement as photographers take your photo)

Make your appearance on big screen: appear as celebrity guest on a big screen above Hollywood blvd.

Personal Shout out on RnRC: Receive 5star treatment on RnRC, with VIP moments like your name in lights.

***extras

HAUNTED KINGDOM:

AT HOME:

Select Ghost Host Online: Choose one of the HM phantom residents to be your guide at MK.

AT PARKS:

Transform phone into Ghost Tracker: Phone turns into a ghost tracker that reveals supernatural activity throughout the park. Capture ghosts with ghost tracker, and release them to empower special surprises.

Meet personal ghost host: come face to face with your ghost host at the conclusion of the ride, and see it’s foot prints follow you outside.

Discover Ghoulish surprises throughout MK: Discover signs of friendly phantoms throughout your day, like laughter of pirate ghosts in adventureland, or a trail of galloping ghosts in frontierland.

***extras

TTA_CoP

Original Poster
ROMANCE:

AT HOME: Create personalized maps of MK, specializing in romantic spots.

AT PARKS:

Discover romantic surprises: Favorite character give you special greeting, and wishes you a love that lasts happily ever after…

Huddle Close as the hitchhiking ghosts share a personal message: Enjoy other messages on other rides.

Use your map to see sweetheart surprises around the park, like your name carved into pooh’s tree.

Get romantic tips/classic lines:Receive romantic tips, and famous Disney love lines via your mobile phone..

Receive postcards in your room with pictures from the day, and share with family/friends.

***extras

TTA_CoP

Original Poster
Additional Stories WDW is considering:

B’Day Celebration: Celebrate your birthday with special surprises in unexpected places throughout your visit.

Custom Fairy: Create your own fairy friend online, and then be surprised when she greets you and appears in your photos at MK.

Incredibles Family Adventure: Team up with your family to save Hollywood Studios from the wrath of a powerful super-villian.

First Timer: Make your 1st trip to the MK extra special with custom maps of hot spots and a series of personal character interactions.

Muppet Mayhem: Enter the world of the Muppets, and learn the ropes of their zany and unique world.

Spa Package: Pamper yourself, and we’ll take care of the rest of your family.

TTA_CoP

Original Poster
And finally; the changes that are/may be coming to PhotoPass:

Overview of Unlimited Photo/Video Package:

Disney will offer an unlimited photo/video package of the vacation moments captured throughout your stay, across all parks that includes photopass with the following enhancements/additions.

Disney will capture all of your personalized attractions/character interactions. I.E- Pirate in wanted poster, meet/greet with Cinderella.

3-D photos and videos.

Hi-Def and slow motion videos capture on select attractions.

Instant sharing capabilities via social networking.

Digital file of the paper craft small world doll.

Digital pins for rides.

Virtual badges for visiting countries at WS.

Disney will combine your photos/videos to build the story of your vacation experience.
If you decide to purchase, everyone in your party must buy a story (but can choose different ones). Each story costs $100, and covers your entire trip, in every park.

That's it! Hope this is new info. Thoughts?

_Scar

So, this survey told you all this info AND said what ideas they were considering?

That doesn't sound like a survey, it sounds like a newsletter. Smells fishy....

allgar

So, this survey told you all this info AND said what ideas they were considering?

What???? You're a little jaded I think.

This looks exactly like how Disney would do a market test of new ideas.

Thanks to OP for taking so much time to get all of this down and share with us.

Some of these ideas sound like a lot of fun. I hope a few of them make it into the World.

_Scar

Some of these ideas sound like a lot of fun. I hope a few of them make it into the World.

Someone claiming to be "DWI" a few days ago made claims about new lands heading to the park and all sorts of other wacky things.

Until I read that someone else got this "survey" I will believe it is in fact real.

:wave:

TTA_CoP

Original Poster

Ha, believe what you will, no skin off my back.

They sent me a survey, I felt it would be a good idea to copy down what it told me, and here we are.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

It's a survey indeed. "Blue Sky" ideas to be bandied about and trial balloons to be sent forth for approval or disapproval. It doesn't necessarily mean any of them will come to fruition any more than it means none of them will.......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom