Food Rocks reunion pics + restored DL Peoplemover!

dweezil78

Original Poster
Hey everyone! I had the great opportunity to attend last night's incredible History of Animatronics event at the Disneyland Hotel put on by the good people at Ape Pen Publishing. A great night full of amazing speakers like X Atencio, Alice Davis, Bob Gurr, and many more. But what I think you will all get a kick out of are the cool classic animatronics that were on display such as these guys I happened to run into! Also scroll down to see pics of some fully restored original DL Peoplemovers -- be sure to check out Kevin Doherty's project here, it's absolutely amazing.

img4224j.jpg

img4299u.jpg

img4226j.jpg

img4300t.jpg

img4301x.jpg

img4302.jpg

img4283f.jpg

img0032gy.jpg

img4217t.jpg

dreamfinder

Were those from someones personal collection? If so, wow. Thats one awesome basement...... And if they came from the Archives, I would be amazed they let that much stuff out at once.

dweezil78

Original Poster
I think so. The Peoplemovers were for sure, but I'm not positive where the Food Rocks guys came from.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
So Awesome to see Mr. Dairy, Excess, Fud Wrapper, Neil Mousakka and Pita Gabriel...Yeah that's right....I'm a fan!:cool:

Same here! :cool:

What happened to The Soul of Rock and roll fish, the chocolate bars, and Richard I wonder... hmm....:lookaroun

Anyways, if they didn't do too well with the lighting and animatronic painting, this would've totally looked more cheesy than it really did! Never thought I'd say that, but now that i'm actually looking at the animatronics, boy the didn't take too much time to make them now did they?

dweezil78

Original Poster
Same here! :cool:
Anyways, if they didn't do too well with the lighting and animatronic painting, this would've totally looked more cheesy than it really did! Never thought I'd say that, but now that i'm actually looking at the animatronics, boy the didn't take too much time to make them now did they?

Definitely! What I think is really interesting is how much more intricate and complete from a dimensional point of view Mr. Dariy is compared to the others considering he debuted in Kitchen Kabaret over a decade earlier. They definitely cheaped out on new characters for Food Rocks, but still cool to see up close after all these years! It really is amazing what good lighting can accomplish though, eh?

WondersOfLife

Definitely! What I think is really interesting is how much more intricate and complete from a dimensional point of view Mr. Dariy is compared to the others considering he debuted in Kitchen Kabaret over a decade earlier. They definitely cheaped out on new characters for Food Rocks, but still cool to see up close after all these years! It really is amazing what good lighting can accomplish though, eh?

:lol: totally agree :)

My parents say that the animatronics were better in Kitchen Kabaret, but the script and music was better in Food Rocks. Opinions? I liked Food Rocks better because it had more humor to it. Even when I was younger at that age, I knew those singers and I laughed. Lessee... Animatronic Food Shows VS. An attraction that was taken from Disneyland that you sit in seats that lift you up, swing you side to side in front of a big screen.. You would at least think they would do something like Universal did for spider-man, a new version of Soarin' in that form. But now that Disney owns MARVEL, you think they'll replace a couple of ideas from Fantasyland Expansion to a new MARVEL land expansion and get Universal to close their's donw? :lookaroun Islands of Adventure will have to bring in something to replace it... but what... maybe a new land called "Dreamworks Fantasy-Island" :D Goodbye HULK, hello Shrek Coaster! :ROFLOL:

FigmentJedi

:lol: totally agree :)

My parents say that the animatronics were better in Kitchen Kabaret, but the script and music was better in Food Rocks. Opinions?

Pretty much in agreement on animatronics, except for Bonnie being Uncanny Valley as hell. And really, the best parts of the show were Hamm and Eggs and Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit, the rest just seemed too aged, even for a show that's trying to go for that old Vaudeville theme.

WondersOfLife

Pretty much in agreement on animatronics, except for Bonnie being Uncanny Valley as hell. And really, the best parts of the show were Hamm and Eggs and Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit, the rest just seemed too aged, even for a show that's trying to go for that old Vaudeville theme.

YES!!! I'm not the only one! :D But I still liked it! :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom