Wonderous Dreams Site up & Running

Robfasto

Just a couple of comments...

1) Looks good so far

2)Please do away with the "WonderousDreams.com" floating on the curse, you will only end up driving people away (me being one of them) and it distracts people from the content of the site.

3)Since you have a domain name, you may want to try to use a frame page to access the site so that everyone who visits only sees 'http://www.wonderousdreams.com' in the broswer address bar.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
DisneyFreak529 said:
This is one thing I wish I did for my site! I have frames, but I don't have my own domain. Frames are hard to get the hang of.

$8 a year for a domain from godaddy.com

mpaul32001

Original Poster
I am getting the Domain www.wonderousdreams.com from Earthlink for $69.00 for two years. Package
Domain Names and Domain Parking
disk space,
data transfer,
mailboxes
$25.00 set up fee
$4.95 per month
This is a new domain--an additional $40 for 2-year domain name registration.

This site will be awesome but does anyone know how I can create forums? :wave:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
mpaul32001 said:
I am getting the Domain www.wonderousdreams.com from Earthlink for $69.00 for two years. Package
Domain Names and Domain Parking
disk space,
data transfer,
mailboxes
$25.00 set up fee
$4.95 per month
This is a new domain--an additional $40 for 2-year domain name registration.

Well, that deal is so-so, not the greatest, but not the worst. The $20 per year for registration is outrageous, though.

To create forums, you have to get forum software, such as invision power board, or vbulletin (what this site uses). However, does your host support php and mysql? If not, you won't be able to install and run the boards.

imagineer boy

Visions Fantastic, now Wonderouse Dreams. Why all these web sites with Fantasmic lyrics for their names? :lol: Web site looks good though. :wave:

mpaul32001 said:

Check with your hosting service. I use dreamhost for my domain and on my control panel they have some one click installs where they actually put the service on for you. I can have a forum, wordpress blog and a guestbook installed for me automatically. I think theres a few more but I haven't messed with them. Maybe yours has the same type of thing. :)

-DGJake

DisneyFreak529

Thrawn said:
Forums are much, much, more complicated than simple html, dear. You need databases, sql queries, indexes, compression, and lots of other things.

Give me a break ok!! I'm not talking about forums!! I'm talking about FRAMES!!

mpaul32001

Original Poster
*UPDATE*
I am going to have to deal with the Domain I have now because I do not have enough money to buy a new one. I am going try to update the site everyday and as the days go on you will see the site grow. If you can give me some ideas for my site please do! I need all the help I can get.

mpaul32001

Original Poster
OH MY GOSH! My site has been taken over by the DIsney Villians! Hopefully they will give the site back after Halloween is over! and My station is back up and thankfully untouched. :wave: Goolish Nightmares

Solace17

You may want to look into doteasy.com's free hosting. It's 100mb disk space and 1gb/month of bandwidth. I use it and it's fantastic. 10 e-mail accounts, too.

And I personally don't think it's a good idea to have background music, especially background music that can't be turned off (at least I didn't see where I could, but I didn't look).

Good radio station, though. I love internet radio; I just wish I could listen to it in my car. :( Maybe in a few years I'll have a pc with wireless broadband built into my dash.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom