Kelly & Johnny D. "Pop" into Disney 9/2-9/12 Day 7

We began our day at MGM. I haven’t really ridden the big rides and we still hadn’t seen all of the shows. So we went there and I got on Rockin Roller Coaster and TOT. Then we went to the Little Mermaid show which I haven’t seen in years. And we finally got to meet Chicken Little and Ugly Duckling at the end of the Animation tour. We both love the Mushu beginning of the tour. He is so funny. “Seems like I’ve been everything but a chicken and a peanut!” Hahaha We went on Millionaire a few times that day too. We were both neck and neck for first place a couple of times. But no luck! I also rode Star Tours and we had lunch at the cantina next to the star tours ride. I love that beginning show where they show you how to enter the vehicle and put your seatbelt on. Seeing all the ewoks and funny creatures makes me laugh, especially the little furry guy staring at the lady next to him. Too funny! After MGM we went back to our hotel to hit the hippy dippy pool again. We love pool time! We hit the showers and got ready for dinner in Italy. We walked around some of the countries before dinner. I love the Meteorites in France and I wish they were less expensive. I just can’t justify buying at $30-40 makeup powder. Especially when there are other things that I NEED like a cookie jar and an apron… jeez PRIORITIES people! Priorities!!

On our way to dinner we saw them setting up a dessert party for a wedding. Some people may not know this but Epcot rents out some of the venues and little islands for both receptions and dessert parties. The Italy Isola as it is called which is the little island in front of Italy is a very popular place for dessert parties. A dessert party is held for an hour or and hour and a half and is during Illuminations. It’s a great perk to a Disney event. We are debating as to whether or not to have one. They are pretty expensive! Then we went in for dinner. Again, only complaint is that the tables are so close together. We sat next to a couple that didn’t talk to each other through the entire meal. Very weird! We were talking and talking since we split a carafe of Sangiovese!! Hehe

I have been dying to “drink around the world” for the longest time. JD always says no because it’s so expensive but this time I was like I don’t care, I’ll go it alone. It will be fun! So after drinking a large carafe (sp?) of Sangiovese in Italy where we both had 3 glasses each, I hit up the Italy Pavilion for a Bellini, Germany for Chardonnay (me) red wine (JD), Morocco for White Wine (me), France for Red Wine (JD) all before Illuminations. It may not have been drinking around the whole world but let’s just say we were feeling “good”. We watched Illuminations from the UK upper terrace where the umbrellas are. Below there was a private party for a small wedding. Apparently they were two former College Programmers from the UK who met while working in the Rose & Crown. How cute and very “fate” like. I always thought that our story was cool because we are both from Massachusetts but we met on the CP in Florida while we lived across the hall from each other in Vista Way, the apartment complex the CPs live in. So their story is similar to ours! Had it not been for Disney, we may never have met in MA and they may never have met in the UK!! Fate! (at least I think so ;) )

After the fireworks we went into the Rose & Crown and got another red and white wine. I love Chardonnay. Everyone says ABC but it’s my favorite. Tonight was Epcot’s EMH so we then headed over to Soarin. Now THAT is an experience after drinking around the world. Probably my most smiley Soarin experience lol but the smells made me a bit sick ha! We came off of Soarin and rode it again, no line! Then we went on Test Track. Love that ride!!! Then we decided to saunter through the countries starting with Mexico and leaving through the World Gateway, we’re cheaters and we love to park at the Boardwalk. Not only is it convenient, it’s a beautiful walk. On the way out we stopped in at ESPN Club because it was the first Pats game of the season. They won of course. ;) It was hopping in there. Then we hopped into our rental car (Ford Focus) and went back to our room for some much needed rest.

Next up: AK, Dinner at BOMA and PI

On to day 8!

CAPTAIN HOOK

kellydisney said:
Below there was a private party for a small wedding. Apparently they were two former College Programmers from the UK who met while working in the Rose & Crown. How cute and very “fate” like. I always thought that our story was cool because we are both from Massachusetts but we met on the CP in Florida while we lived across the hall from each other in Vista Way, the apartment complex the CPs live in. So their story is similar to ours! Had it not been for Disney, we may never have met in MA and they may never have met in the UK!! Fate! (at least I think so ;) )
The MAGIC of Disney ! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom