Mickey's pirate & princess party cancellation

CarlFredricksen

Just curious as to why this was cancelled. I did a search on the boards and google, and wasn't able to find out why they cancelled the 2009 dates, and didn't have the party in 2010. Do you think this is something that will come back in some fashion in 2011?

dizzney

we went to one of the parties - I think in february 2008 and we had a blast. Kids loved the theming and all of the treasure and activities. We thought it was pretty crowded. And alot of people dressed the part.

This should be reconsidered and brought back

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

The crowd just didn't materialize. I don't think it will return in that form. Pirates and princesses aren't as popular as they had been a few years ago. A new PoTC movie may change that for a bit, but I think they realized the crowds weren't cutting it. And closing the MK early for another 15 -25 days doesn't work out real well for a mediocre attendance.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Even though it got very good reviews the crowds just were not there.

That was the best part. Happy to say we did it twice. Was wonderful. Much better than the one MVMCP we went to which was miserably crowded, oversold, and an overall bad experience. ((Yes, we went during the week vs. a weekend and it still was a nightmare.)) Sad to see P & P go but it seems if Disney can't pack 'em in they will deem it useless & close. Oh well. At least we got to do it before they gave up. :D

Upvote 0

CarlFredricksen

Original Poster
That was the best part. Happy to say we did it twice. Was wonderful. Much better than the one MVMCP we went to which was miserably crowded, oversold, and an overall bad experience. ((Yes, we went during the week vs. a weekend and it still was a nightmare.)) Sad to see P & P go but it seems if Disney can't pack 'em in they will deem it useless & close. Oh well. At least we got to do it before they gave up. :D

We have gone to MVMCP and MNSSHP in the past, and when we head to WDW next May, we were hoping that there would be a party to attend, since we enjoyed the other two so much.

Have there been any rumors about adding a different themed party?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom