There is a thief at Sanford Airport

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
This is a true story - I am posting it to make others aware - I am not namimg names or companies - just be on your guard when at Sanford Airports Car Rental companies reception desks.
A colleague has recently returned from a two week Florida Vacation. His flight from the UK was delayed by 27 hours and so, naturally, he and his family were tired and hacked off upon arrival.
They went through immigration, baggage reclaim etc and went to the Car Rental firm. They had booked a package in the UK and so it SHOULD have been a simple task of collecting their keys and their vehicle and driving to their resort.
HOWEVER, a female employee at said location, when examining the rental firms paperwork stated that they had no record of my colleague ordering the upgraded insurance package which included more than one driver. She stated that this would cost $ per day.
This sounds quite plausable - NOW HERE'S THE CATCH - she said that they couldn't accept a credit card or travellers cheques for this extra payment - IT HAD TO BE CASH.
My colleague had the cash and paid the difference - he then asked for a receipt so he could take issue with the travel agent back in the UK on his return. She didn't have any paper to give a receipt !!!
My colleague then stated he was going to collect the car and would return for his receipt in a matter of minutes. He did - but the thieving female member of staff had done one with his money
When you're tired after a long flight - be careful - have someone else with you when you're collecting your car keys - two tired minds work better than one

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom