Disney considering making more themed mod resort rooms (with pics and proof)

durangojim

Original Poster
Filling out a survey right now about Disney's Royal Room, pirates room, and Haunted mansion room. Will try to post pics and screen grabs as I'm able. Pretty cool stuff.
royal1.jpg

royal2.jpg

durangojim

Original Poster
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Come spend the night with a few of the happy haunts who play in an enchanted bedroom inspired by the Haunted Mansion. Rest atop the floating Doom Buggy beds with a couple of friendly spooks and watch glow-in-the-dark, cartoon-like footsteps mysteriously appear as the evening sets in. A sliding bookcase creates a hidden passage to the bathroom and is the perfect hiding place for a hitch-hiking ghost. Oversized furnishings with curvy lines and bright colors add to the whimsy in the room. Guests will delight in finding the hidden special effects that play up the merry, rather than scary, room ambiance.[/FONT]

wolf359

Those Doom Buggy beds are too much! :lol:

The only question is would these go into a new resort, or a retheme of an existing one?

Whoever thought this up earned his pay for the week. Even though I love the value resorts that Haunted Mansion room would definitely get me to upgrade on my next trip...

CDavid

One thought that immediately comes to mind is that if this doesn't refer to an all-new resort, what resort(s) would fit thematically for the makeover? I suppose if Nemo isn't too much of a stretch for Caribbean Beach, then you might make a royal room work in a Riverside (Dixie Landings) mansion building. That's really pushing it, though.

If we're talking new construction, then where? The unfinished Pop Century (Animation Inn) prooperty, perhaps?

jt04

One thought that immediately comes to mind is that if this doesn't refer to an all-new resort, what resort(s) would fit thematically for the makeover? I suppose if Nemo isn't too much of a stretch for Caribbean Beach, then you might make a royal room work in a Riverside (Dixie Landings) mansion building. That's really pushing it, though.

If we're talking new construction, then where? The unfinished Pop Century (Animation Inn) prooperty, perhaps?

My guess also is this is a continuation of the Pop Century makeover for WDW. The Animation portion is just the start. It is "franchising" at its most inspired.

And Disney is going to sell a ton of those bed spreads and curtains etc. Or folks will be tempted to "accidently" drop them in their suitcases. :lol:

wolf359

My guess for the Haunted Mansion rooms would be at Port Orleans, though I'm not sure if it would be better suited to the Mansions at Dixie Landings or the row houses of French Quarter.

GrumpyFan

Looks great, and another way for Disney to drum up additional revenue. And, why not? There are plenty of fans who love the attractions and would be willing to pay an extra few bucks a night, so add a few of these across each resort and offer them.

kaos

Are these model rooms or CGI? Where are the models? My wife would kill me and make me part of the room as the 1,000th spirit if we had the HM room... I've always wanted an entire HM themed HOTEL! I think that would have been a great WDW resort!

CaptainWinter

Rest atop the floating Doom Buggy beds with a couple of friendly spooks and watch glow-in-the-dark, cartoon-like footsteps mysteriously appear as the evening sets in. A sliding bookcase creates a hidden passage to the bathroom and is the perfect hiding place for a hitch-hiking ghost. Oversized furnishings with curvy lines and bright colors add to the whimsy in the room.

In the words of Liz Lemon: I want to go to there.

peter11435

Are these model rooms or CGI? Where are the models? My wife would kill me and make me part of the room as the 1,000th spirit if we had the HM room... I've always wanted an entire HM themed HOTEL! I think that would have been a great WDW resort!
The Mansion and Royal rooms are CGI. The Pirate room is a photo of one of the actual rooms that already exist at Caribbean Beach.

raven

The pics are legit.

prberk

The pirate rooms are real, and already exist at the Caribbean Beach Resort. (Go here, http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/caribbean-beach-resort/ , and click on the "Rooms" button.)

The others are CGI. My guess is that the Pirates re-theming of the CB special rooms have sold well, and they see another cash cow.

I could see them taking this one good idea (the pirate rooms) and driving it into the ground. While a few themed rooms are good for kids, I would rather the resorts stay character-free....

Paul

durangojim

Original Poster

The HM is CGI, the other two appear real

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom