Funny things people say at WDW

coasterridr

Original Poster
I know that most of the General Public doesn't know what Epcot stands for or what a imagineer is. But I thought it would be fun to start a thread about the stupid or uninformed things that some people say. I know you CM's will have the best one's.

Heres one I overheard:

I was in the que for the TTA and I heard a man tell his family as he was pointing toward COP "Let's go to that mad scientist ride"

????????I guess the big gears on the building made him think mad scientist??????

the-reason14

I heard from here, that a CM said a guest came up to them and asked, "Excuse me, but when does the 3 o clock parade start." :hammer:

TownSquareSteve

As any cast member will tell you, EPCOT means Every Paycheck Comes On Thursday. :lol: As far as stupid guest comments I have a ton, but I'll leave you with my top five:

5) Guest: "Where did you move that big ball thing?" Me: "If you mean Spaceship Earth that is still over at EPCOT like it always has been." Guest again: "No, No, the last time i was here it was in tomorrowland."

4) Guest: "Where is Matterhorn Mtn?" Me: "Sir Matterhorn Mtn is at DL not here at MK!" Guest again: "That is crap, when I was here two years ago it was here!"

3) "The guy at sea world told me my ticket was good here as well!"

2) Guest: Can you help me find where I parked?" Me: Sure, do you know what section your in?" Guest again: "No, but I know I parked next to a white mini-van, we have black rental car from Avis if that helps!!!"

And the best I saved for last!!!

1) Standing at the end of main street (in front of the castle) taken a pic for a family and a guy turns to me and says can you also take a picture of my family as well in front of this here haunted house ride?"

Classic!! One that is a honorable mension is while standing in front of the tip board at MK, guest will come up all the time and say: "You all have rides here?"

Hope those make you shake your haed a little, see you at the kingdom!!!

Steve

bsandersjr

The best is when you are at the resort, in line for the bus when someone comes up and asks: "Is this the bus stop?" "Were does it take you?" and the best.... "Are you in line?"
:brick: :brick:

pluto77

While working at Casey's Corner (which, you know, is at the end of main street) a guest comes up and asks "where is the castle?" :brick:

Someone brings one of those huge water bottle/cups from the men in black ride at universal and says that they said that they could fill it up for free at any of the disney parks.

A guest brought over $100 worth of food just before the fireworks and then comes in a wants a refund because she can't find a place to sit out there. (our manager gave her the refund, ) but she said her husband or dad owned the company that provided those tables and that we're going to be in trouble because supposedly we didn't have all of the tables out that they gave us. :rolleyes: Maybe the reason she couldn't find a seat is because mainstreet is the most popular place to watch the fireworks and she was trying to find a seat for a group of 15+ right before they started

pluto77

bsandersjr said:
The best is when you are at the resort, in line for the bus when someone comes up and asks: "Is this the bus stop?" "Were does it take you?" and the best.... "Are you in line?"
:brick: :brick:
:lol: or they go up to an empty register and asks "is this a line"

Tom

Beta Return
pluto77 said:
A guest brought over $100 worth of food just before the fireworks and then comes in a wants a refund because she can't find a place to sit out there. (our manager gave her the refund, ) but she said her husband or dad owned the company that provided those tables and that we're going to be in trouble because supposedly we didn't have all of the tables out that they gave us. :rolleyes: Maybe the reason she couldn't find a seat is because mainstreet is the most popular place to watch the fireworks and she was trying to find a seat for a group of 15+ right before they started

Wow, most of these are pretty funny, but this one just makes me mad. Not only was she irresponsible (and stupid) and bought food before realizing there was nowhere to sit (even though I'm sure she waded through 10,000 people just to get to the door) - AND then she lied to make herself look less like a raving idiot. Good grief....it's a good thing I'm not a CM because I would have lost it with her....

The rest of these are great. However, as I read each one, I have to remember that MOST of the people who visit the world are not like US. If I just imagine that they have never read a guidebook, have never been to the websites, and simply showed up and bought tickets - their stupid questions seem SLIGHTLY less stupid.

However, asking where the castle is when you're standing in front of it = slap them. Showing up and not knowing that they have rides - slap them. There's a fine line between naive tourists and idiots :sohappy:

MKCP 1985

You would be surprised how many people ask what time the 3:00 parade starts, and that dumb question has been asked for over 20 years! **Contrary to what I've read here, the real question is NOT what time will the 3:00 parade get to this spot in Frontierland, or Liberty Square, or even Main Street ** The same dunderheads who'd ask that question would get very confused when we tried to explain the concept that what time they would see the beginning of the parade would vary with where their family was stationed within the park.

I kept a journal of the silliest or dumbest or most astonishing things guests ever said to me. The 3:00 parade question was on the list, along with "do your hot dogs come with buns," and the like, but the one that really took my cake:

Guest in Magic Kingdom: "Where is Cinderella's Castle? I didn't notice any castle when I came in the park." :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (so, basically I am echoing what pluto 77 said . :) )

Blink Me

Connor002 said:
"where's bugs bunny?"
:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:
:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

Ha ha. That reminds me once the white rabbit was out and this guy said "look its bugs bunny". Had to laugh at that. And Robin Hood was out, and someone else said, "look its Scooby Doo". I thought that was funny at the time as well.

WEDisney

My favorite came while standing in line for The Maelstrom. A child asked here mother "Mommy, what country is this?", and the Mother replied, "I think its Alaska Dear."

col

someone who wrote about people asking is this the line, have you ever considered that they asked that coz on a couple of ocassions ive heard people say that but only because people 'just add on' for example i was standing in the correct line for Epcot and these people came over and just started hanging by the line and then a line grew behind them - i think they where all from the same school / family- but somepeople in the line said that the queue started way back and they just stayed there, let me add they just said "OK".i couldnt stop laughing to myself.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
WEDisney said:
My favorite came while standing in line for The Maelstrom. A child asked here mother "Mommy, what country is this?", and the Mother replied, "I think its Alaska Dear."

That is too funny. :lol:

It really is sad as it also says something about our educational system.

redsfan4life

I was at MK last year in Toon Town and a young boy could not find Mickey Mouse and asked his mother where he was. His mother tells him he is only in california , which is stupid enough. Then i heard his father reply no honey he is here too he is probally at his brother donalds house.....

SirGoofy

Other person to someone with him: "Where is that Spiderman ride?"
Me:"It's at Universal Islands of Adventure."
Other person:"No, I'm pretty sure it's somewhere here(Studios)."
Me:"Sir, I rode it yesterday at Islands of Adventure."
Other person:"Oh, I guess they have a Spiderman ride too, huh?"
Me: :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom