The Future of the theme parks, Golden Oak!!!

Would you live at Golden Oak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
http://disneygoldenoak.disney.go.com/

What can I say, I just received an e-mail from Disney about this amazing development. I couldn't put down my Priority Reservation deposit fast enough. Imagine, living on Disney Property, right at the theme parks. Instead of going on vacation, your just going home, and thats not the little DVC spiel, its the truth.

The price is a little insane, 1.5 to 8 MILLION, but think about the level of privilege it entails, I feel its totally worth it.

Only 450 of there homes will be built, hopefully I will get one, but my question is, would you want to live on Disney Property if you could afford it?

Jimmy Thick- Keep your fingers crossed for me!

the-reason14

I rather just hang out with you lol. Going to WDW is great, and it's a treat as a vacation. I already knocked a bit of the magic off by vacationing 3 sometimes 4 times a year within a few months of each other. Living in WDW would completely kill that "magic" for me. So I'd choose no, or to hang out with you.

mike10

Honestly, I couldn't I'm still in school for my BS then my MBA and when I need to study I need quiet.

Let's be serious when is MK EVER quiet? For that reason alone I couldn't leave that close to WDW.

sweetpee_1993

I hate the idea of a gated community on property. Hate.

Agreed. If ever there was a time that it felt like the Disney Gods were making deals with the devil this is it. Talk about selling out to the almighty dollar. There's just some things you shouldn't do. This is one of them.

Susan Savia

Like they say, It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there...
I like my home just fine and I don't need a million dollar home next door the parks to be 'closer'. I'll visit and save my money.

powlessfamily4

I love the idea of practically living at WDW... but I fear I would start to dislike all the tourist and everything associated with it. When I was a teen I lived 100 miles from Six Flags in St. Louis. We used to go once or twice a year and it was a major treat. Flash forward 20 years..... I now live 20 miles from Six Flags in GA. Granted, Six Flags is definitley not WDW, but I was excited when we settled here because I could go anytime I wanted. I now hate Six Flags and everything associated with it. The traffic, the lame rides and it is too expensive!! (What do they think they are WDW????) Though I seriously doubt I would every get tired of WDW, I fear I would grow weary of the things associated with it that might make my day to day life difficult. i.e. traffic, noise etc I never want anything to spoil all that magic!!

Krack

If you think the castmembers in California hate the APers because their entitlement attitude, I can only imagine the type of reputation the folks that live in these residences will have.

HouCuseChickie

Agreed. If ever there was a time that it felt like the Disney Gods were making deals with the devil this is it. Talk about selling out to the almighty dollar. There's just some things you shouldn't do. This is one of them.

Agreed! I saw this project a few weeks ago and it did not sit well with me. I don't know if it just felt shady, if it felt like the element of greed was too great, etc. :shrug:

On a personal level, I like my distance from the parks. Also- If I lived that close I'd feel obligated to go and even a tad guilty if I made travel plans to go somewhere else.

afavro24

I don't know about you guys, but our family makes a huge deal about going. A sort of vacation que if you will. There are 15 of us going this year and we have meetings about ADR and schedules, we make a countdown chain look forward to the travel. It makes the vacation last longer than the 7 days we are there. That would be terrible to be that close and miss out on the planning.

There are so many great ideas on how to expand the park without catering to a select few.

memster

http://disneygoldenoak.disney.go.com/

What can I say, I just received an e-mail from Disney about this amazing development. I couldn't put down my Priority Reservation deposit fast enough. Imagine, living on Disney Property, right at the theme parks. Instead of going on vacation, your just going home, and thats not the little DVC spiel, its the truth.

The price is a little insane, 1.5 to 8 MILLION, but think about the level of privilege it entails, I feel its totally worth it.

Only 450 of there homes will be built, hopefully I will get one, but my question is, would you want to live on Disney Property if you could afford it?

Jimmy Thick- Keep your fingers crossed for me!
OOOH!!! I'm so jealous...to live in the Magic of Disney, how awesome!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, good luck... I've got to start playing the lotto.

cslafferty

For me, WDW is the place where I can leave it all behind. Once I go through those magical gates, I leave all the stress of "real life" on the other side. That's the advantage WDW has over DL. If I lived there, then the stress of everyday life would cross those boundaries. If that happened, much of the magic would be gone. I would NEVER want that.

the-reason14

I love the idea of practically living at WDW... but I fear I would start to dislike all the tourist and everything associated with it. When I was a teen I lived 100 miles from Six Flags in St. Louis. We used to go once or twice a year and it was a major treat. Flash forward 20 years..... I now live 20 miles from Six Flags in GA. Granted, Six Flags is definitley not WDW, but I was excited when we settled here because I could go anytime I wanted. I now hate Six Flags and everything associated with it. The traffic, the lame rides and it is too expensive!! (What do they think they are WDW????) Though I seriously doubt I would every get tired of WDW, I fear I would grow weary of the things associated with it that might make my day to day life difficult. i.e. traffic, noise etc I never want anything to spoil all that magic!!

I agree with this and know i would end up feeling the same way. I love wdw as a vacation/second home. Living there would kill any magic that's left.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I hate the idea of a gated community on property. Hate.

I think its a perfect example of Disney catering to their fans. If this is successful, how can they not build more? Possibly a value edition?

Maybe this is what they truly plan to do as an answer to Walt's vision of Epcot, how it was to be a working society for the elite.

Jimmy Thick- Its the real Disney!

surfsupdon

I would never in a million years.

I vacation to Disney only.

It is in the middle of nowhere. No ocean, no boardwalk, no bay, no clamming, no crabbing, no good pizza, no surfing. Nothing like my home with the activities I'm interested in during the course of the year.

I also think that part of the fun of a trip to Disney is the experience of one of the awesome Resorts and its theme. A new Resort makes a new trip.

I also think Disney totally sold out. Whoah.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom