Aerial view of the Fantasyland expansion construction site - foundations being poured

Lee

Adventurer
Can someone post a link to the thread or post on MiceChat? Is that allowed?

Here's the post from Krank. You supply the salt:
"Just to back you up, yes, Pixie Hallow, Dumbo's placement, and the new theme of Barnstormer are still very fluid right now (I heard Dumbo's placement is almost changing daily right now). A lot of people in the company are not satisfied with the "girlie" slant of the FLE and want to look at other concepts that were brought up along with FLE. The Frontierland concept is very much being highly considered right now. I don't think everything in the original version will happen, but I have heard that Frontierland could very easily see a MAJOR change in the next couple of years. And, don't be so dismissive of WRE.... modifications can easily be made. "

DisneyParksFan1

Here's the post from Krank. You supply the salt:
"Just to back you up, yes, Pixie Hallow, Dumbo's placement, and the new theme of Barnstormer are still very fluid right now (I heard Dumbo's placement is almost changing daily right now). A lot of people in the company are not satisfied with the "girlie" slant of the FLE and want to look at other concepts that were brought up along with FLE. The Frontierland concept is very much being highly considered right now. I don't think everything in the original version will happen, but I have heard that Frontierland could very easily see a MAJOR change in the next couple of years. And, don't be so dismissive of WRE.... modifications can easily be made. "

Wait, so it's possible that in order to make up for the girlie FLE, we may be getting a major change with Frontierland?

EDIT: Wow, I'm amazed at how TDO is doing so much to the parks these days. Maybe they are making a turnaround... Or maybe Potter scared 'em into doing all this. But however they decided on doing this, I'm glad they're doing something!

_Scar

Yes. Forget the WRE part.
Frontierland is on the table...but not with WRE.

It seems like there's barely any room- would this be between Splash & PotC or somehow in the back of BTMRR?

I'm thinking small dark ride if anything.... or maybe Woody's Roundup lol

DisneyParksFan1

It's funny how at about this time a year ago, the FLE expansion was a rumor just waiting to be confirmed, and now a year after we've got this Frontierland rumor going about! What comes next year? Hopefully Tomorrowland.

EDIT: Does anyone know what may be on this Frontierland refurb/expansion/overhaul, or whatever it is?

wdwfan94

Um, I love all of the Toy Story movies but, no. Also, to whoever said that part of the Fronteirland plans is to modify/change TSI, please tell me that it doesn't mean their changing it to Jack Sparrow island like they did at Disneyland.

misterID

I could see FrntLand expansion being a playground like what they're building along with Grizzly Trail in HKDL.

From how it sounds it's not going to be a dark ride :(

DisneyParksFan1

I'm hoping for:
-Not a retheming, but kind of a strengthening of it.
-Rivers of America overhaul like at DL.
-Retheming of TSI or add something on there to make it better.
-Hopefully new dark ride.
-And complete overhauls to all attractions.

EDIT: Should there be an individual thread for this Frontierland topic?

SeaCastle

It seems like there's barely any room- would this be between Splash & PotC or somehow in the back of BTMRR?

There is room. The area behind BTMRR was proposed back when WRE and Big Thunder were fighting neck-and-neck for the green-light. Tony Baxter created a model of his Big Thunder Mountain on the spit of land originally destined for Western River Expedition, with WRE on the other side of the tracks.

Currently, Big Thunder sits on the land previously earmarked for its creative predecessor, and there is a relatively empty plot of land behind Big Thunder Mountain which is currently backstage area. Previously Martin posted that to develop said land would be very expensive. Whether or not this is involved in the proposed changes, I haven't a clue.

Biff215

No matter what they do in Frontierland, I hope it's an addition as opposed to retheming or revamping something we currently have. A dark ride would be ideal. If you're not riding Splash or BTMR you might as well walk straight through.

I hope it will also include a permanent reopening of the the Diamond Horseshoe, even if it means retheming it. I know many are sick of character meals but this would be a good opportunity for one geared toward boys. Not holding my breath on that though, as the Veranda has been sitting dormant even longer.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So I found this pic over on Screamscape and was wondering what that blue thing is, not the blue thing on the ground, the one behind that.. I'm thinking it's just something from Ariel's Grotto.

http://screamscape.com/html/wdw-mk_-_fantasyland_1.htm

It was a backdrop to the Ariel's Grotto area. You can see the back of it in this picture from Bing Maps aerial view:

ArielGrotto.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom