July 23rd: Workers Building Pooh Tree (old 20K site) - Photos!

MissM

Original Poster
Yesterday they were actively working on a tree for the 100 Acre Woods in the old 20k Lagoon area. You don't often see workers building something visable to the public during operating hours.

pooh-tree1.jpg

pooh-tree2.jpg

pooh-tree3.jpg

Just thought it was kind of interesting. :)
-m

gboiler1

Great. Hope it's still scheduled for a September opening. Does anyone know? I think my daughter (and my wife and I too) might enjoy it!

MagliteL13

Now are the leaves gonna fall off during fall? They've already turned colors and it's still summer--somethings fishy about this! :animwink:

Does look pretty good though. I was definetly expecting smaller and more run down.

MissM

Original Poster
:lol: It actually looked pretty cool. It's hard to judge in the photos, but it's not really as big in person. It's decent sized, but it's not overwhelming. (If that makese sense.)

pooh-tree4.jpg

With all the landscaping, you almost don't see it from the side. Directly in front you see it more.

I was surprised though how much the area has been done over. You don't even see the Grotto for the trees and plants. And there's so many lovely bneches around there and cute wooden fences around the planters. It's really shaping up to be themed much better and much more cohesively then before.
-m

imagineersrock

From what I'm seeing so far, I think I am going to be pleasantly suprised by this little addition. Even if it is going to be just a little play area, I appreciate the fact that some actual time, effort, and quality is being put into this thing. Great job Disney, Keep up the good work!

Jusjuice

DarkMeasures said:
You know, if they redid the Pooh facade, that area would look really really nice.

Yeah, it really would be cool if they would move the main path a little towards this new area, and open up the entrance to the ride a little more. Then it would look like the ride acutallly starts in the 100 Acre wood instead of a carnival tent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom