Disney veteran looking to stay at Boardwalk..Should I?

Mickifan17

Hello all,

I've been to Disney World many times and as a DVC member, I usually stay at my home resort which is Old Key West. I'm looking to stay at the Boardwalk Villas next time (this December) and was wondering whether or not I should?

I love OKW, but I know it is a little more separated than some of the other resorts. Also, the rooms at OKW are larger than any other DVC resort, but I'm willing to sacrifice that if BWV are that much better. I know BWV are close to Epcot and I think staying that close to a park would be great. I've stayed at the Contemporary many times and loved being that close to MK. It makes me feel more like I'm in the magic.

What are your opinions of the Boardwalk Villas please? Thanks for your help. :)

Moustronaut

Since I'm not a DVC member, I can not speak to the villas' side, but I've enjoyed many of my stays at the Boardwalk Inn. One of the things I've very much enjoyed about this place is how it feels a little like its own little town. You walk out of your room and go downstairs out on the the boardwalk and you can find just about everything you need. A little bakery for breakfast, some places to shop, some great restuarants for lunch and dinner, even night clubs for after hours fun.

One of our favorite things to do was sit out on the boardwalk early in the morning with our breakfast pastry and coffee just watching the very light crowds walking around the boardwalk or the ocational friendship boat steam by. At night we'd sit on the balcony of the Belle Vue Room with a cocktail, looking at the crowds and lights on the boardwalk below.

The rooms on the Inn's side were wonderful. We really enjoed the early 1900s Atlantic City theme. From our balcony, we had a great view of the interior gardens and Spaceship Earth. The staff was always friendly and even gave us a small gift since we were their on our anniversary during one trip.

Of course I can not over state how wonderful it is to walk less than 5 minutes and end up at Epcot. It was so easy to pop into Epcot even for a short visit. This was really nice especially during the food and wine festival just to have a drink or try some food.

I would highly recommend staying at Disney's Boardwalk.

Upvote 0

momickey

My home resort is also OKW. But for my last few trips, I've been staying at the Boardwalk.
As much as I love the layout of OKW, you can't beat the convenience of staying right near Epcot (esp cause it's my favorite park). There's also much more dining options available (for when you don't feel like stocking the kitchen). As well as a great pool.
The only downside I found? There is no bus that goes to MGM. You have to wait for a water taxi. And sometimes I've found myself waiting for what felt like a VERY long time.

But I do recommend trying it at least once. :)

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

The boardwalk is within walking distance of both MGM and Epcot. It's great at night when you are leaving MGM and there is a long line for the boat. It's a ten minute walk tops! It's a very nice location with lots of activity.

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

My home resort is BVC and I love the location. You just can't beat staying in the middle of everything. Disney's Boardwalk is my favorite spot in all of WDW.

Upvote 0

RyanS

Definitely go for Boardwalk Villas. We're dvc members and we've stayed there nearly every time. You can't beat the location, and the resort itself is amazing. Not to mention there's always something to do on the Boardwalk.

Upvote 0

25and7

Account Suspended
I have stayed at the BW Villas and OKW. We stay at OKW every year but one year we decided to try the BW Villas. Probably the best aspect of the BW Villas is that the location is perfect. I mean, being within walking distance of MGM and EPCOT is a huge advantage and having the entertainment of the Boardwalk right below you is also another advantage. However, compared to OKW the rooms at the BW are TINY! However, I feel that the BW Villas are worth a shot and personally I would rather stay there rather than OKW. Although I have nothing against OKW I would much rather be in a location that is within walking distance of MGM and EPCOT.

I've come to realize that the bus service at OKW SUCKS and that it is almost impossible to get to some place in a timely matter without driving your own car. At the Boardwalk you don't have to worry about crappy transportation!

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I've stayed at both sides several times, both are great!

I say go for it! It's great to have ESPN Club at your fingertips as well as MGM and EPCOT.

Atmosphere is one of my favorites on property.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom