Fastpass in the new Fantasyland

Horizonsfan

Original Poster
This has been bugging me for a while ever since first looking at the FL blueprint. Has anyone else noticed that there are no places designated for Pooh and TLM:AA? They still have clearly designated stand-by and FP lines but no distribution locations. I'm not sure why our TLM omni even is getting FP but that's beside the point.

I remember the giant rumbling going around these boards a few months back about RFID tech being used in the parks. Is this definitive proof that a tech revolution is about to hit the park(s)? Or, to be cynical, is Disney going to follow Uni's lead of limiting who can get a FP?

Anyone?

Tigerace81

Well, you dont need a very large space for FP distribution. Maybe they plan to put them in a central spot in FL? Centralizing them would be a very nice thing to do. have about 6 machines with touch screen interface, put your card in, select what ride you want, and possibly maybe even picking your own time?

Horizonsfan

Original Poster
Well, you dont need a very large space for FP distribution. Maybe they plan to put them in a central spot in FL? Centralizing them would be a very nice thing to do. have about 6 machines with touch screen interface, put your card in, select what ride you want, and possibly maybe even picking your own time?

Centralized would be nice but there's still no location anywhere on the map that looks like a FP distribution space. They do take up only a small space but the blueprint is pretty detailed. :shrug:

RSoxNo1

I don't understand why TLM:AA, an Omnimover, would have Fastpass. Pirates and Mansion don't have it.

The Ride system doesn't make a difference. It's demand vs. capacity. I would argue that Mansion, Pirates, and Small World could all use Fastpass seasonally, while the Indy Speedway could use it daily.

I would assume that they would re-purpose the Fastpass machines for PhilharMagic and move them over to a locale near Ariel's Undersea Adventure.

Horizonsfan

Original Poster
I don't understand why TLM:AA, an Omnimover, would have Fastpass. Pirates and Mansion don't have it.

Not to turn this into a "Fastpass: neccessary v. unneccessary" battle but the omnimover should never require FP as it is continually loading. TDO has gotten a little drunk with putting FP on attractions that don't need or can't handle FP. DL was like this a few years ago and they obviously learned their lesson.

RSoxNo1

Not to turn this into a "Fastpass: neccessary v. unneccessary" battle but the omnimover should never require FP as it is continually loading. TDO has gotten a little drunk with putting FP on attractions that don't need or can't handle FP. DL was like this a few years ago and they obviously learned their lesson.

The fact that an attraction is continuously loading is 100% irrelevant. The attraction doesn't need fastpass if the wait times are regularly under 20 minutes. That's it.

Kilimanjaro Safaris and Kali River Rapids have a higher capacity than any continuously loading attraction, yet they both utilize fastpass and nobody on here complains about it.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think it would be really cool if you had the option to schedule your day when you go through the front gate. Put your ticket in, scan your finger, hit the schedule my day button, out pops your ticket and a FP for every FP attraction, or allows you to select ones you want......

Horizonsfan

Original Poster
The fact that an attraction is continuously loading is 100% irrelevant. The attraction doesn't need fastpass if the wait times are regularly under 20 minutes. That's it.

Kilimanjaro Safaris and Kali River Rapids have a higher capacity than any continuously loading attraction, yet they both utilize fastpass and nobody on here complains about it.

I won't give a counterarguement because I shouldn't derail the thread anymore than I already did. Agree to disagree. There shall always be the pro-FPers and the anti-FPers, for better or worse.:wave:

We really need one of our knowledgable insiders to tell us what is up with FL.

RSoxNo1

I won't give a counterarguement because I shouldn't derail the thread anymore than I already did. Agree to disagree. There shall always be the pro-FPers and the anti-FPers, for better or worse.:wave:

We really need one of our knowledgable insiders to tell us what is up with FL.

I don't know if you're really de-railing the thread, but I agree that this will turn into a pro-FP vs. anti-FP debate. We've had that debate on here, but it comes up often enough that it's still worth discussing.

What bothers me about the arguments that are against Fastpass is that the primary argument is one that the pro Fastpass people agree with:
Fastpass makes the Standby lines longer.

In my mind, that's not a justifiable argument for a reason to cut down on Fastpass. In actuality, the more widespread the use of Fastpass, the greater the benefit to the guests. I'm quantifying "benefits" as shorter times between distribution and return.

To see how this works, compare the distribution/return times of Hollywood Studios and the Magic Kingdom. On any given day, the Magic Kingdom has 7 attractions running Fastpass while Hollywood Studios may have only 3. As a result Toy Story Mania sees Fastpass run out daily several hours before any Magic Kingdom Fastpass runs out.

With regards to Toy Story Mania, several people on here would argue that because of it's lower capacity it shouldn't be a Fastpass attraction. They cite the fact that it's California counterpart doesn't use Fastpass, but that attraction always has at least a 40 minute wait in a park that has 60% of the guests as Hollywood Studios. At the very least, Toy Story Mania sans Fastpass would regularly run 60 minute+ waits even on the lightest of days. As guests, we have come to expect times where we can get on our favorite attractions in less than 60 minutes at some point during the day.

Now fortunately, the problem over at Toy Story Mania will be somewhat short lived. As it's newness wears off, the demand will die down. More importantly, Star Tours 2.0 will take some of the demand away from Toy Story, and it will have the capacity to better accommodate this demand. It could be eased even further if the Monster's Inc Coaster gets the green light.

Bringing this back to the Little Mermaid, Disney World will have the luxury of seeing how the line works in California Adventure. As was referenced previously in this thread, Disneyland seems to have an aversion to Fastpass, so I'm not expecting it to be a daily offering at Little Mermaid.

As to Disneyland's aversion to Fastpass, some call that smart, others like me, disagree with it. However, Disneyland can get away with only 7 Fastpass attractions a bit better simply because there are more attractions in that park. To me, the only thing in that park that should have Fastpass added to it is Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.

Alright, this has gone on long enough - I apologize for the length.

ttalovebug

This has been bugging me for a while ever since first looking at the FL blueprint. Has anyone else noticed that there are no places designated for Pooh and TLM:AA? They still have clearly designated stand-by and FP lines but no distribution locations. I'm not sure why our TLM omni even is getting FP but that's beside the point.

I remember the giant rumbling going around these boards a few months back about RFID tech being used in the parks. Is this definitive proof that a tech revolution is about to hit the park(s)? Or, to be cynical, is Disney going to follow Uni's lead of limiting who can get a FP?

Anyone?

Sorry, nothing to add, but that acronym is kinda long and funny. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom