Suggestions for popping "The question"

Brer Bear

Hi everyone...Looking for some help

I will be at down there on July 3-8, and I was planning on asking my girlfriend to marry me. Do any of you guys have any suggestions on the best way to do it? I have a PS at the Royal Table on are 1st night, and I heard if you let them know in advance they will bring your ring out in Cinderella's slipper. Can anyone verify that? Are was thinking maybe before Wishes but I'm not sure about that either. Any stories from anyone with some past expierences getting engaged down there would be great.

Thanks in advance :animwink:

bferrara16

its late where i am and all, but do you mean aug. 3-8? (if so, ill be at CRT that day for breakfast, so ill have just missed it)... sorry, no tips from me, but good luck

Upvote 0

wdwishes2005

maybe after wishes you could say, "you know what my wish would be?" and she says, " No, what." than you could say "For you too marry me."

or you could pop the question in front of cinderella castle.

there are soooooo many choices.

Upvote 0

DisneyChik17

OMG! First, congrats! Second, that's one of the two ways I would LOVE to be asked. I think your plan is awesome. The only other things I would suggest is a carraige ride or right in front of the castle. Without a doubt do it the first night, it will make the whole trip happy. You could also buy her the wedding ears and ask her to wear those and give her the ring after. I don't tink you can go wrong asking in WDW, it's MAGICAL! LOL!

Upvote 0

captcanada

That is such an awesome idea!
The ring in the slipper. I hope they do, do that!

Simply awesome!
A magical moment indeed, in the most magical place on earth.

Upvote 0

rainfully

See, the thing about WDW is, there are five million bazillion ways to pop the question there. There is something for ANYONE... so you should plan it around what she likes! What is her favorite thing to do there? There are so many other options besides the castle. Not that the castle is a bad idea by any means! :)

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

There have been many other threads with similar questions and loads of responses - but I've never heard of the ring and the slipper idea (I'm not saying that it doesn't happen I've just not heard about it)
Contact Disney for verification

Upvote 0

Noah&Emily'sMom

I thought I read somewhere that Disney actually sells engagement packages that range in price from $250 to $5000. They can even arrange to have a limo bring you back to your hotel, along with sparkling cider (no alcohol) in special mickey wine glasses in the rose garden next to Cinderella Castle. .... Hope that helps, and best of luck to you!

Upvote 0

TheBig2er

Brer Bear said:
Hi everyone...Looking for some help

I will be at down there on July 3-8, and I was planning on asking my girlfriend to marry me. Do any of you guys have any suggestions on the best way to do it? I have a PS at the Royal Table on are 1st night, and I heard if you let them know in advance they will bring your ring out in Cinderella's slipper. Can anyone verify that? Are was thinking maybe before Wishes but I'm not sure about that either. Any stories from anyone with some past expierences getting engaged down there would be great.

Thanks in advance :animwink:

My Suggestion is DONT DO IT!!!!!! hahahaha
Marriage isn't that bad. I did it at the royal table and they wouldnt take the ring for fear of losing it. i think it depends on your server, but they are very good at hiding it for you. I was getting very nervous becasue they didnt give me any kind of sign that they knew to do it. so yeah it will be good for sure. get your priority seating and they give you the best table in the place. and then once she says yes...it's all over for you pal. You will be in the club then.

Upvote 0

krueg66

I did it at the Polynesian Resort...

The first question I would ask is does she know it's coming???

Mine didn't. I took her to the Luau at the Poly. Then we went and spent some time together on the hammocks on the beach at the Poly. Had a few drinks from the Tiki Bar and talked. I waited until 7:59:30 pm to ask her and as she said yes, the fireworks over the Magic Kingdom started...she was very happy.

There are a lot of cool places and cool ways to do it!!! That's just my story for inspiration...

Upvote 0

rainfully

Noah&Emily'sMom said:
I thought I read somewhere that Disney actually sells engagement packages that range in price from $250 to $5000. They can even arrange to have a limo bring you back to your hotel, along with sparkling cider (no alcohol) in special mickey wine glasses in the rose garden next to Cinderella Castle. .... Hope that helps, and best of luck to you!

They used to do that, but they no longer offer engangement packages.

Upvote 0

aviva_dawn

hls1023 said:
I should forward this to my boyfriend :D

Same here.:) However, I highly doubt that he will get the hint....:cry:

Someday, I hope that he does.......:sohappy:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Brer Bear:

I hope that you find a wonderful way to pop the question and I know that whichever way you do it, she'll remember that moment forever!

Many happy Disney Memories to both you and your girlfriend.

Upvote 0

justducky78

That's so exciting!! No matter how you do it, you picked the right place. My huband popped the question at Disney World - he hired some company "gifts of a lifetime" to help him with it. Since we had been together a long time, it wasn't exactly a 'surprise' so he made it fun...a treasure hunt through the Magic Kingdom - that ended on the beach at the Polynesian. I had to dig up my 'glass slipper' in the sand. It was so much fun -- but it was POURING RAIN the entire time. Luckily it stopped in time for us to enjoy the fireworks!

So...just be careful whatever you plan, as the weather is so unpredictable in Florida!! I think the proposal at the castle is perfect - nice and dry! But if you want check out "gifts of a lifetime" - I think they have a website and it might give you some more ideas.

Upvote 0

Disneygeek

My fiancé and I just got engaged at Cinderella’s Royal table on March 23rd. They have an engagement package which was $150.00. You have to call and get priority seating reservations to do it. The package includes the glass slipper, appetizers, dinner, and dessert.
<O:p</O:p
Basically what happens is when you set up the reservation they tell you who the manager will be on that night. When you get seated at your table the manager will walk by your table make eye contact with you and that is your signal to meet them downstairs to give them the ring<O:p</O:p

Once this happens the waiters will come out with several appetizers for the first course and explain that the chef screwed up your order and wanted to give you the appetizers. Then comes dinner. At dessert the waiter will bring out a silver platter with a glass slipper. The glass slipper has the ring in it with several red roses. Once you pop the question they bring dessert and non alcoholic champagne. <O:p</O:p

Let me know if you have any questions<O:p</O:p

Good luck!<O:p</O:p

Upvote 0

taholden

Congratulations and Good Luck!

Almost anyway you do it she is going to be happy especially when there is advanced planning involved. It shows that you put some work into making it special for her.

There is a company called gifts of a lifetime that has some pretty cool ideas. I asked my wife to marry me at WDW in December of 2003 and used them to help me. They have these people in the park who can help you. We did the one where I took her to the wishing well on the side of the castle and she closed her eyes and counted to 100. I then left and the gifts of a lifetime people gave her a note when she opened her eyes. The note had a message from me and told her where to go from there. At the next location there was another note and this went on for a couple of notes leading back to wishing well where I was waiting on one knee. They also had someone taking pictures of the whole thing and someone was with me showing me places where I could watch her without being seen.

All in all it was pretty cool and I am sure she will like whatever you do for her.

Good luck again!

Upvote 0

DisneyGal126

awwww!!! First off, proposing at WDW is a wonderful idea!! My dream has always been to be proposde to down there or be asked The Question in some sort of Disney way...

All those suggestions sound so great! I think which ever one you choose she would love. I agree with what was said here, that any type of advanced planning on your part will mean the world to her.

GOOD LUCK! Don't forget to tell us how it goes!!

Upvote 0

Brer Bear

Original Poster
First of all, thanks everyone there wonderfull responses. I did mean to say that I will be down there Aug. 3 - 8, so sorry about that. I have been thinking about the perfect way to do this for a while, so all this really helps.

Hey Disneygeek that sounds exactly like what I heard about. I have never spoken to anyone who had actually done it before, would you say it was well worth the money because it sounds perfect?

Thanks again for everyone responses!!!

Upvote 0

robynchic

The only advice I can give (and I've said it on another board) is to NOT do it in front of a character unless you know the answer will be yes. Characters will not coordinate with you to do it, because of some of the risk involved (what if she turns you down?)

I've heard that someone had collaborated with the Streetmosphere characters and they helped. I've also heard about coordinating with the Fantasmic cast or the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular cast to be able to do it in front of a large group of people, if that's your thing.

Personally, I would love to be proposed to during Illuminations, watching the show from the World Showcase Plaza.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom