Interactive C-3PO tested 5/28

Peabody

Original Poster
Last Sunday my son and I went to Star Wars Weekends and of course didn't get to half of the characters we wanted to. So, we went back for the day today to finish everything we wanted to.

Around 2:30 we were waiting in line while Leah was out knowing that R2-D2 was due to show up within a few minutes. Suddenly a lot of Disney folks who looked like various imagineering types and management types start hovering around. I took notice but didn't pay too much attention. Much to my surprise out with R2 walks out a movie-perfect C-3PO. I thought he was super cool looking and was surprised as I've never seen him at the park. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). But, BOY was a I surprised when he starts conversing with everyone in the meet and greet in a wonderfully accurate voice. The accent, tone, intonation, and slightly electronic sound we all know as his voice was there. He addressed my son by name and commented on his shirt, etc. SUPER COOL.

Upon talking to some of the workers at the meet-and-greet, they weren't aware of this and it was pretty much sprung on everyone as a surprise.

Anyone else see this?

DSC_1224.jpg

Figment1986

Dang, they are having fun in the living character area of imagineering the day I decide to not go they test something amazing. Can't wait for photos, maybe someone got video of it too!

Ignohippo

Dammit! I was there today, saw C-3PO from a distance and couldn't get my 4-year-old to go see him.

He had just come from a tramatic experience seeing Asaaj Ventress. Asaaj is very cool but VERY poorly placed with Asohka, Rex and Cody. The little ones want to see Rex and Cody but are scared to death of Asaaj. He was terrified. I couldn't get him to see another character the rest of the day (she came out right as we were about to see Rex – he talked about seeing Rex all day but wouldn't go near Rex after seeing her).

disneysroyal411

Anyone thinking this could be the test of a system for an animatronic for the new que of a certain ride closing down, in that same area, with those same characters. *cough cough* Star Tours *cough cough* :lookaroun

I hate to burst bubbles. But this is not a Disney Entertainment test. This is a special instance for SWW. Don't get too excited.

But it is very special, and very very cool to have C-3PO out meeting guests.

I definately think you missed the point of this.

Obviously, it's for Star Wars Weekends, but you have a droid out that can interact in an accurate voice and you're saying this isn't part of the living character initiative testing? You are wrong about that. Maybe it's a rollout rather than a test, but it's part of it.

I promise you, C-3PO is not a disney employee or part of our entertainment department. You can choose to not believe me, and thats fine. But like i said don't think this is a big step for talking characters.

StringBeanDream

I promise you, C-3PO is not a disney employee or part of our entertainment department. You can choose to not believe me, and thats fine. But like i said don't think this is a big step for talking characters.

Well if c3po is not with entertanment. Where's he from? Are you saying its just some random huge fanboy or something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom