Something Being Tested at Old Imageworks?

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
So I got an rare opportunity to go up to the old Imageworks area today. I originally wanted to just take some pics and be done, but instead I decided it would be best not to because of something I discovered. The middle section of Imageworks, near the Stage School area, was walled off with black work walls and signs that read "security cameras in use". I figured it'd be a bad idea to try to see what was on the other side, but as I was walking over to the elevator to leave, I spotted an open doorway and inside what appeared to be some TVs attached to a computer system of some sort. I didn't see any more than that, but it appears as though Imagineering is testing something in the old Imageworks area. The question is, is this mysterious test related to the Imagination pavilion or is it for something else entirely? Let the debate begin!

bhg469

Was it the stuff that was used for the kim possible testing? I remember from the video there was some of what you described.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It kind of sounds like either it was a control panel of some sort, or perhaps a security station. :shrug:

jt04

Obviously they are setting up a techno club and bar for the kiddies.

It's the "new Disney" for a progressive generation.

:hurl:

:(

Thanks, Toad, for getting our hopes up! All DH and I ever talk about is ripping that whole Imagination pavilion apart . . . we'll continue to dream.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Yeah it's not really hard to get up there... I just asked if I could when I was on break and a manager told me it was ok.

3-D projection system hua? Perhaps this is a baby step towards a new JII...

Yeah it's not really hard to get up there... I just asked if I could when I was on break and a manager told me it was ok.

3-D projection system hua? Perhaps this is a baby step towards a new JII...

I don't think so I think they were testing something but I am not sure I believe it was for JII :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom