Satellite Picture of TDLR

TheHawK

Thanks for the map!

Does TDL have a Shopping area and from the looks of the entrances to the two parks they seem to be opposite of each other, Are you supposed to drive to get to the other?

Madison

Tokyo Disney Resort's shopping area is called Ikspiari and can be found just north of Tokyo Disneyland. Its roof is even labeled.

There's a monorail that runs between some hotels, the two parks and Ikspiari. That's how you'd get around, presumably.

jrriddle

Original Poster
ImaginEAR said:
:eek: That Hub is HUGE! Space Mountain can fit inside it!

But it is sooo cool! I love it from the air!

I can't tell you how long I've looked for a overhead shot of TDLR.
It's a little dated (No ToT or RS) but you have to love the detail.

It really shows how little room they have for expansion, unless they do a DAC and start building on some of the parking lots.

I can't wait to see:
A) Their finished ToT
B) Their new Disneyland Hotel
C) What they are going to build in next to Indy @ TDS.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
jrriddle said:
It really shows how little room they have for expansion, unless they do a DAC and start building on some of the parking lots..

Once the new hotel gets underway (on the parking lot) they will be going decked parking as in Anaheim. TDS already has a decked parking structure to the north east of the entrance (its very long and thin on the pic)

The OLC also recently purchased some of the industrial land to the east for expansion. Is there no end?! :cry:

jrriddle said:
What they are going to build in next to Indy @ TDS.

That`s raging spirits isn`t it? It looks like they have done what should have / needs to be done to Temple of Peril at DLP - take an off the shelf design, theme it very well (as at DLP) but then enclose half of it in a ride building. Inside and outside. Not to mention the effects sound (naturally) incredible...

jrriddle

Original Poster
marni1971 said:
Once the new hotel gets underway (on the parking lot) they will be going decked parking as in Anaheim. TDS already has a decked parking structure to the north east of the entrance (its very long and thin on the pic)

The OLC also recently purchased some of the industrial land to the east for expansion. Is there no end?! :cry:

That`s raging spirits isn`t it? It looks like they have done what should have / needs to be done to Temple of Peril at DLP - take an off the shelf design, theme it very well (as at DLP) but then enclose half of it in a ride building. Inside and outside. Not to mention the effects sound (naturally) incredible...

From what Joe In Japan was saying the new land will house a bunch of the backstage stuff clearing some land up for (I'm guessing) expansion?
I would think it would be some of the building between the two parks.

I could be confused (very possible trust me) but isn't RS going in between Indy and Sinbad? I meant that nice big piece of land between Indy and the Bay. Quite possibly housing Hmmm a Greek Port? or a Finding Nemo attraction (splitting the R&D with DSP and Epcot)?
Just speculating.

Agreed about Temple of Peril (I didn't know part of RS was enclosed). Even just adding the TDS effects to the Paris one would be a cheap way to upgrade that ride.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Believe me, I can get confused just as easily! You may be right - I must learn to engage my brain now and then... I`ll see what I can dig up (Joes site must be the #1 TDL source on the net!)

stitchcastle

From what I've heard the new land bought is for storage and backstage stuff.

Can't wait to see Tokyo's own Grand Floridian-type flagship resort... (It's green :D)

I just bought the Around the World with Disney book and I'm apalled at how in every publication conscerning the resort that it is not given the rightful coverage it deserves; merely the entrance of Tokyo DisneySea is a thousand times more picturesque and grandiose than the whole of DCA.

jrriddle

Original Poster
stitchcastle said:
From what I've heard the new land bought is for storage and backstage stuff.

Can't wait to see Tokyo's own Grand Floridian-type flagship resort... (It's green :D)

I just bought the Around the World with Disney book and I'm apalled at how in every publication conscerning the resort that it is not given the rightful coverage it deserves; merely the entrance of Tokyo DisneySea is a thousand times more picturesque and grandiose than the whole of DCA.

Is it worth buying (Around the World...)?
I was thinking of ordering it.

stitchcastle

jrriddle said:
Is it worth buying (Around the World...)?
I was thinking of ordering it.

Me personally, I think I've seen all the pictures all over the web and what's written is pretty basic, plus TDS is barely justified and DCA is over represented.

jrriddle

Original Poster
stitchcastle said:
Me personally, I think I've seen all the pictures all over the web and what's written is pretty basic, plus TDS is barely justified and DCA is over represented.
Thanks for the tip. :wave:
I want to get The Art of Disneyland for sure.
And now I think I'll pick up Disneyland Now, Then, & Forever (or whatever it's called) instead.
Unless someone wants to give me a quick review on those two books.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom