New Living Character Meet and Greets being tested at DL

Testtrack321

Holy ________ that thing is creepy! I imagine there's some sort of alternative operator that controls what he's saying, while all blinking is done automatically.

plutoismyhero

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT
That is awesome yes creepy but so awesome. I cant believe they did this it is amazing

the-reason14

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww. At first, I thought it was something set up like Mr. Potato head, but when Mickey said their names I was like, what??? Dang, this is amazing!! I remember this being discussed back when the talking heads premiered at dream along with mickey. Hopefully this will take off!!

Rob562

I agree that that's both awesome and freaky, all at once...

While I can see this working fine in an enclosed, limited access setting, it wouldn't work for outdoor locations, which then brings about questions from the kids as to why characters talk in one place but not another...

-Rob

Wilt Dasney

Mute characters have always been one of my biggest issues with the parks. I really think for any kid with the smallest amount of discernment, the fact that Mickey never moves his mouth would make you wonder what's up.

I like this a lot!

Neverland

SO cool. I'm still trying to figure out how the heck that works.

I can't WAIT until more characters are like this... Though granted, it could be many, many years.

MarkTwain

:eek:

When I saw the moving character heads in DAWM and the living character technologies in Turtle Talk and MI Laugh Floor, I often wondered if it would be possible to combine the two technologies... I never thought it actually was! I had always figured it would be impossible.

This will revolutionize the way guests interact with characters! I hope these are implemented at both resorts ASAP.

Pretty cool, but aren't kids going to wonder why the rest of the characters don't talk?

Probably not nearly as many kids that have wondered why Mickey doesn't talk currently. :lol: Hopefully, this is just a prototype, and as the technology becomes more available, it will be implemented in a wider range of characters.

That is so much better than i ever imagined it would be when I first heard about disney trying this I couldnt see how it would look and sound convincing but that is great. I can see the issues with this working in out door locations but this could be linked to the number of dedicated indoor character spots that seem to be opening with indoor locations over the past few years eg Toy Story in DHS these seem almost ready made for this new technology, lets hope we see more of this soon!

DisneyWales

OMG that is just amazing, i cant get over it. If this becomes the norm for Key Characters, those greetings alone could be comparable to E-Tickets. To have Mickey and co directly talk to you by name is just unbelievable.

Azerin

That is awesome! I could see some risks with it but if it works as well as it does there... would be VERY awesome... I hope they have it in DL this summer when we are there!

DrWhat

Too cool. Of course, the reaction will be different between children, ranging from "Yea! Mickey!" to "AAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

All depends on the kid.

PurpleDragon

I think this is a great idea and would do a lot for the interaction between kids and characters. Often times kids, little ones especially, are terrified by the fact that there is a big, mute, character looking at them with a blank unmoving stare. To have the characters face move and blink and to hear their voice telling them its okay, would do wonders for the experience. I know my 3 year old would have a cow if Mickey called him by name and wanted to be his friend. I hope this becomes the norm soon, its a great technology that moves the character interactions into the 21st century.

In the future they could move the face character meet and greets outside and then have the Mickey and the gang move to indoor locations to utilize this technology.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom