Obligatory CoP question

Thorphin

Original Poster
Okay, this won't win the most original post award, but since I'll be in WDW in just two weeks, I've got to ask....

What's going on with my favorite attraction, Carousel of Progress? I was following the threads on this for a long time, but I haven't really heard much since Stitch opened.

What are people experiencing? Is Carousel of Progress still open, alive, and kicking? Am I going to be the happiest person in the world once I hear your reports? :king:

brresler

As far as I know, it's still operating, thank god. It was still open when I was there in March, but a lot can happen in a couple months.

General Grizz

Carousel of Progress is officially listed as operating seasonally, but currently open. This is mainly because Stitch's Great Escape has downtime based on the need to improve it. However, I think it's safe to say it will be open throughout June, July, and August.

After that, the future is unknown. I was given some nasty information saying that it could close for good after Labor Day, but I really hope that source is wrong.

Here's hoping for an Enchanted Tiki Room (Disneyland!)-style rehab. . . the attraction really needs some work.

Fantasmic

LudwigVonDrake said:
Here's hoping that the Carousel of Progress is around for a long time to come.

I agree
It was open when I went last week, I was the only person to get the CM's Disney Question right all day! Got a round of applause from the other guests !

Thorphin

Original Poster
WHEW! :sohappy: :sohappy:

This, added to the info that MK will be open to 11 and midnight on the nights we are there, as well as dual performances of Spectromagic all week forecast a great trip. :)

Time to go buy some more memory sticks...

nibblesandbits

General Grizz said:
Carousel of Progress is officially listed as operating seasonally, but currently open. This is mainly because Stitch's Great Escape has downtime based on the need to improve it. However, I think it's safe to say it will be open throughout June, July, and August.

After that, the future is unknown. I was given some nasty information saying that it could close for good after Labor Day, but I really hope that source is wrong.

Here's hoping for an Enchanted Tiki Room (Disneyland!)-style rehab. . . the attraction really needs some work.

Grizz...I just wanted to tell you that I caught COP for the first time during my most recent trip and I have to tell you, I totally understand why you have such a love for that ride. While it is not my favorite, it is definitely something that I am glad that I got to experience. All thanks to you b/c I never even really knew it existed.

General Grizz

nibblesandbits said:
Grizz...I just wanted to tell you that I caught COP for the first time during my most recent trip and I have to tell you, I totally understand why you have such a love for that ride. While it is not my favorite, it is definitely something that I am glad that I got to experience. All thanks to you b/c I never even really knew it existed.
I'm glad you're glad you got to experience it. I know that many of the animatronics look old, but don't take it out of fault of the attraction itself. ;)

How did you not know about it? Was it "hidden" in Tomorrowland or did you glance past it on park maps? I'm doing a bit of research on attendance, so just wondering. :)

nibblesandbits

General Grizz said:
I'm glad you're glad you got to experience it. I know that many of the animatronics look old, but don't take it out of fault of the attraction itself. ;)

How did you not know about it? Was it "hidden" in Tomorrowland or did you glance past it on park maps? I'm doing a bit of research on attendance, so just wondering. :)
I just never knew it existed until I started visiting the boards. I always went with my parents before, so we'd always hit up the bigger rides. I also believe that it is a little hidden in Tomorrowland. If you don't know what it is, you wouldn't think twice about it. Does that help Grizz?

Pongo

nibblesandbits said:

I had never been on it before my trip to see Regis and Kelly a few weeks ago. I was REALLY surprised at how good it was. I didn't expect it to be so... good. It's a ride that really show's Walt's genius. I truly doubt that they're going to close it down for good, Grizz. It's too much of a good thing, and Disney can't affod to close it down. Let's just hope that they realize this.

KumbaRider

CoP is a classic attraction that must stay alive for generations. Although Walt said his attractions should not become museums, I must argue that this one cannot go away. A rehab is much needed. I just hope management and WDI don't destroy this attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom