20k site composite

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
I was doing a bit of research and Photoshopped a *rough* 20k plot plan of how it is now. Thought I`d share it, and thanks to goofyfan13 too.

Attachments

• 20k satellite composite copy.jpg
    20k satellite composite copy.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 810

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
M:SpilotISTC12 said:
nice work but what do u think is going to go there.
Thats the $20,000 (or $100,000,000) question... its a big area - you know how big The Land pavilion (without recent additions) is? Thats a six acre pavilion, the largest in Futureworld. Here it is in the Magic Kingdom, to scale:

Attachments

• 20k satellite with Land.jpg
    20k satellite with Land.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 862

Kwit35

Wow, that is pretty cool. I love getting a new perspective on things. This makes it so much easier to visualize.

SpenceMan01

VERY SWEET. It's been years since I've been on 20K... 10+ even. I wonder, with a plot of land that big, what they're putting in there. Could you do a size comparison with, say, the three Mountains of MK?

:sohappy: WOO HOO my 500th post!!! :sohappy:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Maybe lets bring things a bit closer to home.. howabout 2 E RIdes? Here is Space Mountain, its original entry/exit satellite and the complete Splash Mountain, again to scale

Attachments

• 20k satellite with SM & SPM.jpg
    20k satellite with SM & SPM.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 869

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
and if you look between the Splash down and Space Mountains entrance area you can fit in a Pooh meet and greet AND a pin station :lol:

-spenceman, you read my mind!

SpenceMan01

Wow. I don't think I ever realized how much room was sitting there. I seriously hope it gets put to good use... and soon. A piddly playground and meet & greet would be a gigantic waste of the prime space.

Thanks for posting these. I'd give you some green, but I guess I gotta "spread it around" some more first :p

speck76

marni1971 said:
and if you look between the Splash down and Space Mountains entrance area you can fit in a Pooh meet and greet AND a pin station :lol:

-spenceman, you read my mind!

it makes you wonder why so many people were freeking out, and jumping to conclusions that a meet and greet was replacing 20K

Pongo

Great pictures. Amazing stuff.

I've got another project for you. Can you put the progress of EE on there? Or is that not possible because a) it's too big or b) there isn't an up to date satellite picture yet?

:)

evanssc

That was an amazing piece of work. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. I am more excited just knowing now how much room is there.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Pongo said:
Great pictures. Amazing stuff.

I've got another project for you. Can you put the progress of EE on there? Or is that not possible because a) it's too big or b) there isn't an up to date satellite picture yet?

:)

Erm.. its not that good, but should be fairly accurate. I`ve hidden it here

I reserve the right to remove it if everyone laughs!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom