New Imagination Park Disney Stores to use tech from the parks!

Figment632

Original Poster
I was recently given a tour of the model store for the new style of Disney Store "Imagination park"

This store will be smaller than most Disney stores but will be all about the experience. The main effect from the parks that will be used is the pepper ghost effect.

1. The store will have a ceremony each day to open the store where one child will be picked to turn the magic key to open the store.

2. LED's galour! There will be LED lights all over the store including in a trail on the floor "pixie dust trail" that leads to a center Gazebo where small events will be held. These may include meet and greets but also will include story time and other events. There will also be LED lights on the walls which will include and effect that will have Tink flying across the wall, and the other one I saw on th opposite side was Buzz.

3. The ceiling will be used to create park like atmosphere because it will be covered in LED's. This will allow CM's at any time (via I-pad) to trigger a rather impressive LED fireworks display. Also we will be able to change the mood by making it appear to either be night or day in the store.

4. There will be several mirrors around the store that each have a wand. When you wave the wand different characters will appear and interact with guest from the many princesses to, Ligtning Mcqueen, Nemo, Toy STory, Captain JAck. The system will be able to be updated constantly so new characters can be added reguarly. There may also be RFID tech used in this process.

5. There may be at some point the addition of a central interactive AA like Mr. Potato Head from TSMM

6. All of the tech will be Apple and all of the effects will be controlled via I-pad. Let me start off by saying like everything Disney does this stuff is subject to change but a lot of it has already been approved.

EPCOT Explorer

Wow. Sounds very impressive.

Are they going to be updating current stores to have this? And it's certainly going to to take a lot of Maintenance and upkeep- something Disney Stores in recent years have slipped on. The majority of the ones in Miami are VERY messy.

Figment632

Original Poster
Wow. Sounds very impressive.

Are they going to be updating current stores to have this? And it's certainly going to to take a lot of Maintenance and upkeep- something Disney Stores in recent years have slipped on. The majority of the ones in Miami are VERY messy.

Wow....and is this going to be a model for the future of all Disney stores, or is this just for flagship locations?

At first it will be a handfull of stores in Cali, Chicago, Long Island, Times Square, and lol my store Freehold NJ.

Yes the upkeep conserns me but these stores will be smaller so you never know.

DisneyMusician2

At first it will be a handfull of stores in Cali, Chicago, Long Island, Times Square, and lol my store Freehold NJ.

Long Island? Awesome. We have a few around here, any details on which will be getting the upgrade?

EPCOT Explorer

Our store is tiny as it is. :brick: :lol:

Certainly hope that this makes it to Miami, though.

DisneyMusician2

Great! On a more generic note, this looks incredible, as the Children's Place really let the stores suffer. Most are still cruddy looking.

And it is interesting about the Apple tech. I'm sure all of the effects could be controlled from a brand-new iPad. With Apple's success in the mall store concept, bring some of their customer service ideas to the Disney chain could only improve the experience.

Figment632

Original Poster
The new stuff sounds great but they axe the adult clothing line:eek: why:cry:

The adult clothing only sells when it is like 50-75% off so they make no money on it. THe made a little money on the collectibles but the little money they did make was lost due to theft.

Exprcoofto

The stores sound very awesome and a great experience, however, it's not a store I'd go into (if they are going to just cater to little kids). How about some teen/adult stuff? I'm sure it will be awesome with Apple behind much of the designs.

Now, will ANY of these cool effects and interactions make it into the World of Disney store at DTD? That would be a prime place for something like this.

(btw, it's iPad, not I-pad ;))

Figment632

Original Poster
The stores sound very awesome and a great experience, however, it's not a store I'd go into (if they are going to just cater to little kids). How about some teen/adult stuff? I'm sure it will be awesome with Apple behind much of the designs.

Now, will ANY of these cool effects and interactions make it into the World of Disney store at DTD? That would be a prime place for something like this.

(btw, it's iPad, not I-pad ;))

The fact is that the adult and teen stuff never really sold :shrug: I don't agree with it but I don't make these kind of decisons.

DisneyMusician2

Well, at least you can still get most of the Adult stuff off the Disney shopping site online.

Unless they plan to discontinue this as well....

Figment632

Original Poster
Well, at least you can still get most of the Adult stuff off the Disney shopping site online.

Unless they plan to discontinue this as well....

I haven't really heard anything like that but the online TDS is almost like a second company. The only thing we have to do with it is taking returns.

FigmentJedi

You'd think Mall of America would be part of that first wave...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom