Ride the Comix at Disney Quest to be turned into a Kingdom Hearts Themed attraction

DisneyWorldDork

Original Poster
So I was chatting with a friend the other day who works at Disney Quest, she said that there has been talk around the place that Ride the Comix is going to be shut down and re-themed into a Kingdom Hearts themed attraction. Which I personally think would be wicked awesome. I also thought that KH needed a presence in that building. Word is that the current ship looking sets well be turned into Gummy Ships and the controllers will be turned into Keyblades. Not sure how the actually game would work but I can't wait to see if this really happens. Remember, this is just a rumor, Im not 100% sure of this myself. Gotta take it with a grain of salt.

imagineer boy

Yeah it seems like Disney really doesn't care about the KH franchise anymore (which I really don't understand, its very popular and successful among teens. Why don't they capitalize on it?!), so I doubt they'd want to put money into a KH related attraction at the parks. Plus there are rumors of Disney Quest closing.

DisneyWorldDork

Original Poster
See I heard that one too but I thought maybe that they finally realized that they can use KH to try to get people back in there, but I guess they would rather just let it die

Disneyson 1

It's odd; Jim Hill's newest article says that there's nothing coming to DisneyQuest... and then this thread magically shows up... hmm. Yes, grains of salt taste best with juicy new rumors...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I don't believe this is going to happen, unless Disney plans to overhaul other parts of DisneyQuest....I mean, they still have an Alien Encounter themed game!

I like Kingdom Hearts and I do think Disney could get some use out if it (I mean, they tried with Kim Possible and I think KH is a better franchise) but something other than DisneyQuest.

I love DQ but it's been neglected for far too long, they either need to close it and put the attractions somewhere, like at Epcot, or refresh most of it.

DisneyWorldDork

Original Poster
It would be nice if Disney did something with KH. Maybe something in DHS cause that is the only form of entertainment not represented there. They have movies, music, television, theater, but no video games.

Cmdr_Crimson

While I am a Big Fan of Kingdom Hearts..
and I mean big fan..*cough* *cough*.....:D
sora2.jpg
kh1.jpg

There are many people who would have no idea what it would be about..Plus Storyline is the main problemo here..Is it during 1,2, Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days, Coded, Birth By Sleep....or....Kingdom Hearts 3? if it's ever going to be created.....:lookaroun

Plus ever since DQuest has stopped on doing any new attractions since Battle for Buccaneer gold...I won't hold my breath on an outdated VR attraction..I got dizzy when I played Ride the Comix...I'm sure it would do the same for this..

KingdomHeart

I think you can imagine from my name how I would feel about a KH themed attraction.

I think the closest thing we're gonna get to a KH themed anything is Fantasmic. The problem comes in, I think, with the SquareEnix characters, probably. But I would love it if it happened. Maybe something in DHS. That'd be neat.

-Nicholas

THECARISMINE

Donald + CoM card = EPIC
or....Kingdom Hearts 3? if it's ever going to be created.....:lookaroun

I'd bet on it after how good Birth by Sleep's doing over seas.
*cough*reconnect*cough*

They could easily do a coded like themed attraction or something to that vein (plus or minus the killer boxes :lol:) were it really wouldn't affect the main storyline. Theres no doubt it would be a hit but I still don't see it happening =[

If they ever do start breathing life back into Disney Quest I'd love to see some Epic Mickey awesomeness as well :animwink:

WDWFigment

If Epic Mickey proves as awesome as the build-up, maybe Disney will start catering to the gaming crowd more? I have yet to play KH, but it's on my list. The problem is that I've got Resident Evil 5: Gold, Arkham Asylum, and MGS 4: Guns of Patriots all before it. I also really ought to finish Mario Bros, but that game is downright impossible. I swear it's not for kids...that or it just isn't the type of game at which I'm skilled.

imagineer boy

I wish they would make a KH movie. I know video game movies are generally terrible, but I think I've figured out ways to make it work.

FigmentJedi

Unlikely, but I'd definitely be all for it. Though Kingdom Hearts deserves more then a Disney Quest attraction. Would be a better way to do a Fantasyland expansion then all the Princess stuff.

I wish they would make a KH movie. I know video game movies are generally terrible, but I think I've figured out ways to make it work.
It'd be better as a TV series. With a lot more input from Disney's story people, maybe have Greg Weisman of Gargoyles head the team.

disneysroyal411

If Epic Mickey proves as awesome as the build-up, maybe Disney will start catering to the gaming crowd more? I have yet to play KH, but it's on my list. The problem is that I've got Resident Evil 5: Gold, Arkham Asylum, and MGS 4: Guns of Patriots all before it. I also really ought to finish Mario Bros, but that game is downright impossible. I swear it's not for kids...that or it just isn't the type of game at which I'm skilled.

It's this weird things where when your a kid, say from 5-9 you are good at sonic and mario. Then from my age, 13, and up, I learned it gets hard. Really weird to me. I don't get it. Yet the little kids have trouble with Halo?

jhastings74

It would be interesting to see if they would be able to incorporate any of the 'new technology' in an attraction like KH. It would seem that type of attraction would lend itself pretty well to something like the new RF technology...

DisneyWorldDork

Original Poster
Some could say that TOy Story Mania covers the Video Games

I guess that is true. I still think it would be cooler if something that started as a Video game became an attraction. I mean, disney now even has the rights to Prince of Persia, they could really do something amazing with that if they wanted

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom