Backlot Tour Referb

DisneyPrincess5

BLT needs to take it's final bow. And soon. Such a huge plot of land that could be used for some great expansion.

Although I'd love to see Catastrophe Canyon survive somehow.
I totally agree. We did this a few days ago and I hate to say it but it was a disappointment. I miss the facades they had years ago and the rest is blah.

Hope they do something productive with it or the land.

DisneyParksFan1

There were rumors that BLT will close permanently, rather than reopen afterwards.

Like I previously said in another thread, I have a funny feeling it's just repainting and cleaning here & there. :shrug:

Agree 100%. :lookaroun

Nomanisan Island? Is that from The Incredibles? In either case, interesting ideas going on there...

Mhmm. Yes, the actual name of the island from the Incredibles is Nomanisan Island.

RNRguy

as i get ready to go to disney in a few weeks.. i was actully watching old video of the OLD backlot tour.. with the houses, ans set props.. and th little arch way right before the streets of america .. where the Light motor action is now. , in fact i have really been trying to visualixe the old park , witht eh sound stages trying to remember where they were.. so i can remember when i go back in few weeks!

I'd hate to see the attraction go away completely, but I would like to see it completely revamped. Were I in charge of DHS, it would become the backlot special effects tour.

It would still begin in the water tank area, but it would be completely redone to be a water stunt/special effects show, probably based around Pirates of the Caribbean. To me the water tank show and the canyon are the two good parts of the attraction still. The water show just needs an update from Pearl Harbor.

Then we'd move into the trams, they'd still go past the costuming areas but we'd be certain to have something going on inside those areas for people to view. Then instead of going through a supposed working backlot, we'd go through several different special effect scenes. We'd still have catastrophe canyon, and the tram would travel through a few warehouses, that could house different special effects scenes. The story could even be that production is going on for some movie and we're going to get to see how its done as we go through, I don't care. But make it good.

Universal has several shows like this in their parks, Disney could do similar things, all combined on this tour.
While Universal has backdraft and Twister, Disney could do similar things hilighting other special effect scenarios. Maybe a tropical island with a tidal wave coming, a volcano erupting, a hurricane, a building blowing up, an alien invasion. I don't care what they are, but make them entertaining and believable.

Then between the warehouses, we could still pass by props from different movies and the LMA set before ending at the AMA walkthrough attraction. I still think its possible to breathe some life into this if they'd only commit to it.
Over in USH their Studio Tour does just that. The Earthquake ride is part of the tour and so was/will be the King Kong attraction and Jaws is included too. It works really well but takes up A LOT of space, plus it is an actual working studio (the tour takes you by Wisteria Lane).

LET'S BRING THE DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES SET TO DHS! Why is an ABC show being shot at Uni anyway?.... :confused::shrug:

Section1Guy

I think the ultimate goal has got to be a Disney-Pixar Studios park now that they have Pixar Place. It's the most reasonable thing. With that, they must expand the Pixar attractions.

DisneyLeo18

It is now about 10 years since I have ridden BLT and the more I hear the less I want to ride it again.

I would love to see more attractions on the level DHS has been putting out (ToT, RnRc, TSM and hopefully how ST2.0 will turn out) instead of the land being wasted.

IWant2GoNow

What if... more of my useless ideas probably... they made the BLT into a BLT of an Incredibles set? Catastrophe Canyon could be spared in some sort of reinactment of a battle between The Incredibles and some villain. They would have to rework it of course but it would have a Pixar redo. The tour guide could still tell you how the canyon was built and how certain effects work for the scene. Plus you could still have the drive by of the movie props and that sort of thing. Even the opening water effects show could somehow be reworked into The Incredibles. This is probably the "cheap way out" as far as getting that plot of land active again. Axing it all together would probably be for the best but if they wanted a quick fix this might be alright.

The Incredible Backlot Tour?

Ehh... it kinda sounds :hurl: now that I think about it.

RSoxNo1

I will do the tour for nostalgia purposes on my upcoming trip, just in case it's my last opportunity.

I'm not a big fan of Star Tours, but I may do the same thing with Star Tours just because I don't know if I'll be back before it closes down for the Star Tours 2.0 refurbishment.

At this point, the coolest thing about the backlot tour is being able to see Catastrophe Canyon from the top of Lights, Motors, Action - watching the water tanks release from Lights, Motors, Action is a cool thing to see.

SirGoofy

At this point, the coolest thing about the backlot tour is being able to see Catastrophe Canyon from the top of Lights, Motors, Action - watching the water tanks release from Lights, Motors, Action is a cool thing to see.

That's about the coolest thing about LMA as well!:lol:

RSoxNo1

I enjoy Lights, Motors, Action - but it's often one of those things that isn't necessarily worth the commitment. I'm not sure it's worth an hour out of you day if you're only there for a long weekend or something. It's something I'm more apt to see on a week long vacation.

rct247

If anyone is interested, I noticed some work walls and tarps started to already go up at Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Playground. The attraction isn't down yet, but work appears to have started or is about to start.

RAXIP

If anyone is interested, I noticed some work walls and tarps started to already go up at Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Playground. The attraction isn't down yet, but work appears to have started or is about to start.

It appears the Playground will no longer be closing for refurbishment in February.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom