Snow White's Scary Adventures update

Lokheed

Original Poster
Not that anyone besides me or my son* would notice, but the vultures have been fixed. As recently as last week in the scene where you pass under the two vultures, only one of them was turning its head back and forth. Now they are both back to working.

Also, in recent months it has seemed like there is a blown speaker at the very beginning where Snow White is sitting on the steps of the castle singing with the birds. It sounded like she was singing with a duck. I didn't hear any noise or distortion coming from that speaker at all today, so I assume they replaced it.

Dopey and Sneezy are still MIA from the yodeling scene, and have been for nearly a year now.

*Note for those who don't remember me: my son is autistic, and rides SWSA rather frequently. At this point we have been on the ride more than 950 times in the past two years.

rainfully

Lokheed said:
*Note for those who don't remember me: my son is autistic, and rides SWSA rather frequently. At this point we have been on the ride more than 950 times in the past two years.

At least he doesn't prefer IASW... ;)

Thanks for the update! :)

Lokheed

Original Poster
General Grizz said:
Does the wicked-queen-on-boat still function? :)

"You'll find Snow White in the cottage of the seven dwarves..."

Yeah, she's still working just fine. Not sure what the deal is with Dopey and Sneezy, aside from the obvious fact that it's a fairly complex animatronic what with needing to lean back and forth while Dopey's head is moving and his ears are flapping.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Lokheed said:
Not sure what the deal is with Dopey and Sneezy, aside from the obvious fact that it's a fairly complex animatronic what with needing to lean back and forth while Dopey's head is moving and his ears are flapping.

One would think that since this is a "foundational" attraction in Fantasyland, they would keep it in better shape and make sure the major AA's were present and accounted for.

lentesta

Premium Member
Wow, 950 times is impressive. That's a number wayyyyyy bigger than I would have thought anyone would have cared to ride. :sohappy: <- closest thing to applause I could find.

When you break a thousand, can you put your son on Splash so we can get the jumping water fixed? :lol:

Len

speck76

Lokheed said:
Not that anyone besides me or my son* would notice, but the vultures have been fixed. As recently as last week in the scene where you pass under the two vultures, only one of them was turning its head back and forth. Now they are both back to working.

Also, in recent months it has seemed like there is a blown speaker at the very beginning where Snow White is sitting on the steps of the castle singing with the birds. It sounded like she was singing with a duck. I didn't hear any noise or distortion coming from that speaker at all today, so I assume they replaced it.

Dopey and Sneezy are still MIA from the yodeling scene, and have been for nearly a year now.

I rode last night for the first time in a long long time......I was remembering your story.

I hope all is well.

Adreamisawish

Lokheed, bless your heart and your son's too.

I have a 26 year old autistic daughter. There are only so many rides at Disney that we can take her on. Snow White was one of her favorites along with the Peter Pan ride....forgive me for not knowing the proper initials. She absolutely LOVES the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.

She doesn't do roller coasters such as Splash Mountain or Space Mountain.

What other rides are your son's favorites?

AEfx

Thanks for the update!

As you can see with my avatar, Snow White is one of my favorite attractions. You and your son might want to check out my wdwmagic album in my .sig - I've got some great pics from inside the ride you and he might enjoy.

AEfx

thimblekisses

I'm glad to know there are other families like mine! I love Disney, of course, but so does my younger cousin who is also Autistic. He's thirteen, and he loves Disney too, but his main major obsession is the Casey Junior train from Dumbo (he's been obsessed with that since he was about two) and now also is obsessed with Finding Nemo. He has about 20 of those Nemo toys from McDonald's in his shower. It makes him very happy! If only MK would get a Nemo ride like Snow White, we'd be in good shape.

Lokheed

Original Poster
lentesta said:
When you break a thousand, can you put your son on Splash so we can get the jumping water fixed? :lol:

He has ridden Splash twice. The first time was on his very first visit to the Magic Kingdom. He kept dragging me over there, and I kept telling him I really didn't think he wanted to do that one. I finally gave in, and it turned out he loved it.

On our second visit, about a little less than a year later and on a much colder day, he wanted to go on it again. He got splashed with cold water twice, and spent the rest of the trip being phobic of *any* water ride (including Small World and the lame boat ride in Mexico at Epcot). Since that day, over two years ago, he has wanted nothing to do with Splash Mountain.

(Except that he loves watching a ride-through video of it I have on my computer. He won't go near the real thing, but loves watching it for some reason. Go figure.)

AEfx

You know, Lokheed, you really should let the CM at the ride know about your son's 1000th ride. You never know what surprise may happen. :)

BTW, how old is your son? That ride terrified me when I was 7, and I barely could make it through at 10. No other ride bothered me at all, ever - but that witch was quite pesky when I was a kid. Your son must be very brave!

AEfx

chucknstuff

I was there once when this gentleman celebrated his 100th B-day. I know that it was because of the shirt his famiy had made for him..anyways..he was going on IASW with Mickey and the gang and when he came around tho the exit..there were baloons and the Barber shop quartet waiting for him and they sang Happy B-day. One of his kids set this up that day when they got to the park (I asked how they got it done) and he said they went to City Hall and told them that the only ride he was going on was IASW. I thought that was cool...

Maybe you could do the same for your son on his 1000th with Snow White.

AEfx

chucknstuff said:
I was there once when this gentleman celebrated his 100th B-day. I know that it was because of the shirt his famiy had made for him..anyways..he was going on IASW with Mickey and the gang and when he came around tho the exit..there were baloons and the Barber shop quartet waiting for him and they sang Happy B-day. One of his kids set this up that day when they got to the park (I asked how they got it done) and he said they went to City Hall and told them that the only ride he was going on was IASW. I thought that was cool...

I was actually thinking of a Magical Moments certificate, but that sounds good too :).

I know they did something similar for a woman at Disneyland who had ridden Indy a few thousand times.

Of course, Lockheed knows what her son might enjoy best. Perhaps one of the things he likes about the rides is that they are the "same" every time. But I know someone at WDW would love to hear her story and for sure they could arrange some special moment for him.

Hehe, maybe they can get Snow White herself to ride with him. :) Let's hope some of the CM's who visit this board see this and can comment.

AEfx

Fantasmic!329

AEfx said:
That ride terrified me when I was 7, and I barely could make it through at 10. No other ride bothered me at all, ever - but that witch was quite pesky when I was a kid. Your son must be very brave!

AEfx

I know how you feel! My first trip was when I was 7, and SWSA had me so scared. I think that one scene where the witch is going to push the boulder onto you, I think that did it.

Lokheed

Original Poster
chucknstuff said:

Now that is an excellent suggestion. I just may go with that.

As for being scared, SWSA was the very first ride he ever went on at WDW and he loved it from the start. I think part of it is that he loves watching the videos or listening to the CD's and always fixates on some particular bit, playing it over and over again. Going on the ride is like getting all of his favorite bits in one compact time and place.

I think the best present in the world he could ever get would be a CD of all of the discreet sound elements from the ride, like the bootleg CD's out there from the Haunted Mansion. I don't see it ever happening, though. HM has a huge fan base, which over the years has let to a wealth of audio bits sneaking out into fan community. Somehow I don't think that SWSA carries quite the same cache, at least to anyone but my son.

AEfx

Fantasmic!329 said:
I know how you feel! My first trip was when I was 7, and SWSA had me so scared. I think that one scene where the witch is going to push the boulder onto you, I think that did it.

LOL I never made it that far! It was the Queen, who was my favorite, turning into the witch two feet away from me. My eyes were closed the entire rest of the time. When I was 10, I was so proud of myself that I made it without closing my eyes - but I had an IRON grip on the handbar, LOL.

Lokheed said:
I think the best present in the world he could ever get would be a CD of all of the discreet sound elements from the ride, like the bootleg CD's out there from the Haunted Mansion. I don't see it ever happening, though. HM has a huge fan base, which over the years has let to a wealth of audio bits sneaking out into fan community. Somehow I don't think that SWSA carries quite the same cache, at least to anyone but my son.

Oh, it's not just your son - we are out there, we just don't get any respect, hehe. Most people think SWSA is a bad ride - I think it's wonderful.

I'm heading down to WDW next month and am bringing some cameras and sound equipment down to do a bit of recording. I know it won't be like the discreet tracks, but I plan on doing each ride in Fantasyland and the GMR at MGM several times each and them mixing them to get the best result. I'll gladly post the tracks when I am done for SWSA. I think I mentioned it above, but I also have a bunch of pics from the ride in my photo album.

AEfx

PS - I still think getting Snow White to ride on the 1000th time would be really cool :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom