My WDW Monorail Christmas display

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
Thought I would share with you some of my WDW Monorail accessories and figures that I put under the tree for my Christmas display this year.

DSC06765.jpg

100_0665.jpg

100_0664.jpg

100_0663.jpg

100_0656.jpg

100_0655.jpg

100_0647.jpg

DSC06775.jpg

100_0667.jpg

What I have overall in my collection:

-WDW Monorail blue (running)
-WDW Monorail black (running)
-Walt Disney's Caroline Pacific Railroad set HO scale
-WDW Main Street station - HO scale
-WDW Monorail accessories sign set
-Various Disney character figures (I go to a toy show every year and pick up more cheap. I also have lots from my trip to WDW 1989 when they used to have the large bins of them).

I'd love to add to the collection but time will only tell whenever I get more accessories. Enjoy the pics!

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
Thanks guys! It's usually alot of work to set up each year, but I really enjoy it. Always something new to add.

I originally started out with just my WDW Monorail yellow set (no longer works the last time I tried to run it two years ago) by constructing a basic circle around the tree. This is how it all began with adding my Disney items every year. Then the following year I began to add my little characters. This year I have Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Daisy, Peter Pan, Pocahontas, Huey, Dewy or Lewie (one of them), Symba, Eyeore, Pooh, Tigger, Jasmine and the Tiger from Aladdin (forget his name), Snow White and the Prince, Figment, the one dog and cat from 101 Dalmations, and Pinocohio. I'd like to pick up some more monorail items in the near future for future displays.

rock_doctor

I love the train. How is it holding up? I had heard that the train and monorail have some very serious quality issues. I wanted to pick up the train this xmas trip (4 days from now).

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
The original yellow-striped monorail I have I bought in 2003 when we stayed at the Contemporary. It is in great condition (just stopped working for whatever reason) and I plan on using that only for display purposes (maybe down the road set up a piece of track next to the beam and display it). The black-striped one I won with an E-Bay auction back in 2007, along with a box of both extra straight and curved track. The black-stripe was sold at WDW sometime around 2000 and has since retired. The blue stripe, I believe, was the first one to have the hollowed out middle cars and the little characters. I bought this one on our last trip in 2007 when we stayed at All-Star Movies. Both the black and blue-striped trains work perfectly and are in excellent condition, with the black one having an extra-speed motor that makes it run a tad faster than the blue striped one.

The train works fine as well. The track that came with it, when snapped together, wasn't well made as the train had a hard time making it around the course due to lack of contact in certain spots. The track I'm using now (in the pics) is from another train set. It is made better and has much better contact with the train that it can complete the course without a problem. When I pack everything away after the holidays are over, I plan on putting that track with my Caroline Pacific train set since I plan on using it from now on (unless I happen to get one of those rare H-O WDW Railroad sets).

MissM

Wow! That is crazy impressive! We have ours up for the first time this year and it's difficult because most of the cool accessories are long-since sold out. (I REALLY want that resort sign set!)

I did get Love the Contemporary when we were there last weekend (yes! snagged it with the Passholder discount and didn't have to pay shipping!) so he'll have that surprise waiting for him under the tree. The rest...oy! Expensive to try and get nowadays.

Here's one shot of ours:

xmastree09-monorail1.jpg

Yours is a great inspiration though! :D

accord99cutie

Premium Member
I love that!!! I showed the picture to my DH and he rolled his eyes at me... I would love to be able to fo that one of these years!!!

Side note... did you get your TV stand at walmart???

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
^ Yes, and I also see you are from Carlisle, PA. So I'm sure you are a Hersheypark fanatic as well. Disney World and Hersheypark "ARE" my two top places! My extensive collection includes everything Disney World and Hersheypark. I have a bunch of Hershey Kiss ornaments and he made it under the tree this year with my Disney items. Feel free to PM, email, or IM me if you want to chat sometime!

MissM, do you have Monorail Green? Looks like it in your pic. Thanks for sharing! I think that was the next one out after blue. I plan on getting another set when I go back to WDW this Sept. I never did buy the Contemporary set because its so unrealistic with the big hole in the side of the building for the monorail to pass through. I'm better off making my own more to scale. The sign set I bought off of E-bay, as well as the WDW Main Street Station and Monorail Black (which came with extra straight and curved track in that auction). Everything else is way too much for me to spend but I still look. These items are hard to get and have lots of bids on them when they are available. The Carolwood Pacific I bought off of Amazon.com this year, forget who the seller was lol. That will be my permenant train for under the tree from now on.

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
I love that!!! I showed the picture to my DH and he rolled his eyes at me... I would love to be able to fo that one of these years!!!

Side note... did you get your TV stand at walmart???

Forgot to mention, yes, that stand was from Wal-Mart. Purchased last year, Better Homes & Gardens model. Do you happen to have one?

MissM

MissM, do you have Monorail Green? Looks like it in your pic. Thanks for sharing!
Ironically we wanted green but that was 2008's color and by the time we got it (in February of this year) the new 2009 color of Silver was the only one in stock. Oh well. We still like it.

Yours is super fab though! It's definitely a big inspiration! :D

SewIn2Disney

I love the Main Street station---I've never seen that before, and its awesome!
I have just the monorail going around the tree this year---didn't have time to set up my Castle, Spaceship Earth and Tree of Life. Would love to get my hands on the set of signs though--I love them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom