Iger named CEO Replacement for Eisner by Walt Disney Company

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Iger named Disney CEO Replacement ; Eisner Leaves 1 Year Early

It's official now...

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=576911

LOS ANGELES Mar 13, 2005 — The Walt Disney Co. said Sunday its president, Robert Iger, will succeed Michael Eisner as chief executive after another top contender for the job dropped out of the running. The company said Iger was unanimously elected by the board and will take charge Sept. 30.

Eisner will step down on that day, a year earlier than he had previously announced, the company said.

"Bob is an experienced, talented and visionary leader who has made crucial and substantial contributions toward Disney's strong performance," Disney board chairman George Nitchell said in a statement. "On behalf of the entire Board, I want to express how excited we are at the prospect of Bob leading this extraordinary company and talented management team to new levels of financial and creative success in the years ahead."

EBay Inc. Chief Executive Meg Whitman, who was competing with Iger for the CEO slot, withdrew her application on Friday after interviewing with the Disney board earlier in the week, Henry Gomez, spokesman, told The Associated Press on Sunday.

"She decided to stay at eBay," Gomez said. "After considering it during the week, she decided she wanted to stay at eBay."

---------

Anyone starting to think we're gonna miss Eisner? LOL

I can't say if it's good or bad...

Eisner is leaving a year early... I find that interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom