Acornyms

csaguy

Original Poster
I know sometimes I get confused :veryconfu: , so I know the newby's do too. We need a list of Disney names and acronyms. You know-
WDW - Walt Disney World
CoP - Carousel of Progress

Is there one?

daveemtdave

Thank You, I Have Wondered What Some Of These Are Also........it Will Be Nice To Find Out --- Or Maybe Not......seriously - Please Post Them.

daveemtdave

Just Looked At One Website -- I Noticed Lots Of People Use These When Talking About People;

Dh --- Dd ---- Ds ----- Etc. Are They Saying Disney Husband, Disney Daughter, Disney Son Or Darling Husband, Darling Daughter, Etc.

tigsmom

TAC said:
Unofficially, I have been compiling a list since I have become a member here. I took ALL the lists, and merged them all, and have basically kept it up to date.

If anyone wants me to post it, I will, but it's at work, so it would have to wait until Monday.

:wave:

You're my hero! Post it when you get the chance. :wave:

tigsmom

TAC said:
No applause...just rep points. :wave:

Remind me in the huggle thread. And DON'T do like I do with my wife, I remind her as soon as she says it. :p

So you can see into the future too? :lol:

csaguy

Original Poster
:)
Thanks, I'm going to print it out for my DW and DD. Talking in code really helps when you want to talk Disney with someone and other non-Disney people are around!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Here`s some more technical ones:

EMV - Enhanced Motion Vehicle (Dinosaur / DLC and TDS Indy)
AGV - Autonomous Guided Vehicle - your `elevator car` in Tower of Terror
VVC - Vertical Vehicle Conveyance - the drop shaft carriage in ToT in which your AGV slots into
WED - Walter Elias Disney - the original name of Imagineering (WED Productions) and the WEDWay Peoplemover
MAPO - MAry POppins - the construction division of Imagineering, and the monorials collision avoidance system
MACS - Monitor and Control System - checks for potential problems in an attraction
DACS - Digital Animation Show Control - system that runs an attraction
ECS - Entertainment Control System - Computer that runs EPCOTs live entertainment
GPRCS - General Purpose Ride Control System - computer that runs an individual ride system (Omnimover, Boat etc.)
DCM - Digital Control Module - touchscreen interface for the GPRCS and DACS

WDWhumanmap

i have acronyms as part of a disney park person test i run. it is confusing sometimes to understand but us employees and friends etc. use them because it is easier to get around.

S_Grise

daveemtdave said:
Just Looked At One Website -- I Noticed Lots Of People Use These When Talking About People;
Dh --- Dd ---- Ds ----- Etc. Are They Saying Disney Husband, Disney Daughter, Disney Son Or Darling Husband, Darling Daughter, Etc.
Bringing this back to the top because I figure if I was wondering, someone else must be too! :veryconfu BTW, the answer was "Yes. It means any of those."

tigsmom

S_Grise said:
Bringing this back to the top because I figure if I was wondering, someone else must be too! :veryconfu BTW, the answer was "Yes. It means any of those."

DH = Dear/Darling Husband , etc.

CAPTAIN HOOK

TAC said:
Here is a compiled list of ALL abbreviations and acronyms used here, and on most other Disney message boards (or at least they should know what you are talking about when you use them).

If there are any corrections or additions, please post them. Thanks! :wave:

EE - Early Entry or Expedition Everest

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom