Buy Quick Service for shopping discount!

Chernabog

Original Poster
Guests who visit certain Quick Service locations in the Theme Parks between December 2-15 will receive a coupon attached to their receipt, offering 20% off their purchase at the following participating merchandise stores between the hours of 9am-12pm:
• Emporium
• Mouse Gear
• Mickey's of Hollywood
• Island Mercantile
• World of Disney​
The following food locations are where you can recieve these coupons.
Magic Kingdom
• Main Street Bakery
• Casey's Corner
• Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café
• Pinocchio Village Haus
• Columbia Harbour House

Epcot
• Fountain View
• Electric Umbrella
• Sunshine Season's Food Fare
• Liberty Inn
• Yorkshire County Fish Shop

Disney's Hollywood Studios
• Starring Rolls
• Fairfax Fare
• Rosie's Red Hots
• Catalina Eddies
• Backlot Express
• Studio Catering Company
• ABC Commissary

Disney's Animal Kingdom
• Kusifari Bakery
• Tamu Tamu
• Pizzafari
• Flame Tree Barbecue
• Restaurantosaurus

GymLeaderPhil

There has to be some restrictions on this. I can't imagine them doing this without blocking out most of the media products, gift cards, and other high value items.

BigThunderMatt

There has to be some restrictions on this. I can't imagine them doing this without blocking out most of the media products, gift cards, and other high value items.

There probably is. Even cast members don't get huge discounts on things like DVDs. On the other hand they raised our holiday discount to 50% instead of the usual 40% on most merch.

CDavid

The coupon is just valid three hours a day? Most people won't even be dining at most of these establishments until almost noon anyway, when it expires, leaving no time to use the discount.

Is this perhaps supposed to be valid until 12 midnight instead?

dreamfinder

The coupon is just valid three hours a day? Most people won't even be dining at most of these establishments until almost noon anyway, when it expires, leaving no time to use the discount.

Is this perhaps supposed to be valid until 12 midnight instead?

They may be valid at any day during the period? This way you could stop the following day(s). This would help to drive up morning sales as most people seem to shop in the evening or on their way out. Which would make the morning numbers look good, but cannibalize the evening sales figures. Makes me wonder if they are starting to doubt the homogenization of on property merchandise.

Chernabog

Original Poster
A few more details. The coupon is good to use any day during the period between 9am-12pm. You do not have to use the coupon on the same day you purchased the meal. Also, as expected there are some restrictions. See below for what's written on the coupon.

Present this coupon at participating Walt Disney World® Resort merchandise locations between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. and receive 20% off your total merchandise purchase.
Participating merchandise locations: Emporium at Magic Kingdom® Park; Mouse Gear at Epcot®; Mickey's of Hollywood at Disney’s Hollywood Studios; Island Mercantile at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park; and World of Disney® Store at Downtown Disney® Marketplace. [B]Discount is not valid on the purchase of Alcohol, Tobacco, Disney Ticket Media, Periodicals, Postage Stamps, Digital and Video Cameras, Personalization, DVDs, CDs, Disney Dollars or the Disney Gift Card.[/B] Coupon cannot be used in combination with any other discounts, including but not limited to, Cast Member, AAA, Passholder discounts, etc. Limit one coupon per transaction. Coupon has no cash value and must be surrendered at time of purchase. No photocopies or reproductions of coupon accepted. Not valid on previous purchases. Separate theme park admission required. Upon accepting the coupon, Cast Members must write VOID on coupon and turn in with nightly deposit to RCC. Offer valid thru December 15, 2009 and subject to change without notice.

mickeysaver

Thanks so much for sharing this. I see our plans now, grab a FP, ride a ride, grab a snack, shop, then go ride something else. This is going to save me a bunch of money. :sohappy:

mickeysaver

Just curious, but do purchases made using the Disney Dining Plan give you a coupon on your receipt?

Nevermind, I found out on another board that Disney Dining Plan credit users will still get the coupon.

MissM

Purchase anything at the participating locations? Like, just a soda or something? Not necessarily an entire meal?

Huh. Neat. I took advantage of the 10% off last time I was there a couple weekends ago at the Emporium for Passholders. Saved me like $5 but hey, five bucks is five bucks.

WDW1974

This isn't a surprise. They are really desperate to move merchandise.

They did the same thing at DLP when I was there two months ago.

They can't make their numbers selling at full price. I noticed it at the local Disney outlet store. They had very nice WDW 'retro' and Donald Duck coffee mugs on sale for $4.99 and Star Tours figures played by Disney characters (think JarJar Goofy) for $2.99 each. On Black Friday they lowered the above to 99 cents and folks were buying them in huge quantities. Monday they put them back to the regular discounted prices ... by today they were back to 99 cents.

I think I'll be visiting Property Control with some CM pals in a few days myself!

mickeysaver

Well, I can think of several things that I would like to use this discount on, most of which will be readily available at any of the participating merchants. We are not spending a ton of money on stuff this time, but to save a little here and there is a great thing. :xmas:

depanneur

Offer valid thru January 3, 2010

I was at EPCOT yesterday and purchased food from both Electric Umbrella and Sunshine Seasons, and on the receipt from both purchases - at the bottom of the 20%-off coupon portion - there was the disclaimer: "Offer valid thru January 3, 2010 and subject to change without notice."

No other part of the coupon refers to a "must use by" date, so I'm assuming the coupon itself is good until January 3rd. However, there's no indication that the availability of these coupons will go beyond the reported December 15th.

Hope this helps some of you out there at WDW!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
They're running this at the Disneyland Resort right now as well. 20% off between 10am-3pm at the Emporium, Greetings from California, World of Disney, and 1-2 other stores I believe.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For tourists it works and works well.

Aside from Dec 2nd when the printing looked like it was valid until midnight, not midday. That changed very quick.

Things arn`t as rosy as Iger makes out as `74 says.

DisneyDreamer08

Thanks guys. The family I nanny for is in Disney right now with their 4 year old daughter, who I'm sure is begging for a souviner every time they pass a store :D

I passed this info along to them :)

kimmychad

This isn't a surprise. They are really desperate to move merchandise.

They did the same thing at DLP when I was there two months ago.

They can't make their numbers selling at full price. I noticed it at the local Disney outlet store. They had very nice WDW 'retro' and Donald Duck coffee mugs on sale for $4.99 and Star Tours figures played by Disney characters (think JarJar Goofy) for $2.99 each. On Black Friday they lowered the above to 99 cents and folks were buying them in huge quantities. Monday they put them back to the regular discounted prices ... by today they were back to 99 cents.

I think I'll be visiting Property Control with some CM pals in a few days myself!

if you see a cm castaway cay santa shirt can you let me know? I saw a worker with one on when we were there it was cool. I love the typhoon lagoon one I have.

MissM

We got one at about four locations in two different parks tonight. (Well, technically Saturday since it's now officially Sunday.) Throughout the day they were on pretty much every quick service receipt.

Of course we're on blackout starting next Saturday so we won't get to use them, but still...it's an interesting idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom