SM update 11/12 - Astronauts are back to work!

Skyway

Original Poster
Lights are on this morning, and the astronauts are back, better looking than ever before!

They have brand new, thicker, more realistic space suits with blue accents. As I pointed out in a prior thread, the old astronauts were too skinny, with impossibly thin, very dated suits that looked like they had been made at a hardware store (were those plastic drainage pipes on their joints?). These new ones have corrected that problem. They were not moving, but nothing else was either, so that's still possible.

Alot of worker and manager types going in and out. But no signs of a preview yet.

The very top of the exterior cone is pearly white. It looks like there is a lift bucket on the north (Toontown) side lower cone, but I didn't see workers.

There appeared to be some new projectors or speakers right where the TTA turns. Along the roof of the queue, inside the track area, it looks like they have put some speaker-looking boxes (it may be something else entirely, or speakers for evac announcements. Don't get too excited)

I'll try to post pics later if I can.

MousDad

dance%20guy.gif

You are standing by the door all day, right?

hpyhnt 1000

Lights are on this morning, and the astronauts are back, better looking than ever before!

They have brand new, thicker, more realistic space suits with blue accents. As I pointed out in a prior thread, the old astronauts were too skinny, with impossibly thin, very dated suits that looked like they had been made at a hardware store (were those plastic drainage pipes on their joints?). These new ones have corrected that problem. They were not moving, but nothing else was either, so that's still possible.

Alot of worker and manager types going in and out. But no signs of a preview yet.

The very top of the exterior cone is pearly white. It looks like there is a lift bucket on the north (Toontown) side lower cone, but I didn't see workers.

There appeared to be some new projectors or speakers right where the TTA turns. Along the roof of the queue, inside the track area, it looks like they have put some speaker-looking boxes (it may be something else entirely, or speakers for evac announcements. Don't get too excited)

Alright! :sohappy: Good job there WDI and TDO. Good to see they're back and better than ever. :)

Hope you can post some pics! I'm curious about the astronauts, and the pearly white cone top of SM...

Main Street USA

Thanks for the update. I was waiting for my Space-fix today, and now I have it.

EPCOT Explorer

YAY! :D

New Figs are good, seeing as the old ones looked odd.

VERY excited over the pearly white comment. Clean is good, for SM. They still have time.

Expo_Seeker40

Thanks for the pics. :sohappy:

They look great.

However, I noticed the "space box" they have been carrying since 1975 is not there (just yet:confused:)

EPCOTPluto

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom