New IASW Tv Spot for the Holidays.

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Disney Parks Blog just posted this.....

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/11/disney-parks-unveils-‘its-a-small-world’-holiday-spot/

Now, normally, I don't focus on such minutia for just one TV Spot...but...Wow!

Now ****THAT***** is good DISNEY Marketing. Not generic. Not cheesy. (OK, maybe a little, but in a good way. ;) ) Not too overdone. This is very heartfelt. Very emotional, and GREAT!...Not like all the corney and overused promotional spots we've seen from them in the past...Like the Nightastic one, from over the summer.

Definitely made me excited for my trip in December.

Nice job, Disney. Do more marketing like this.
:D

DisneyMusician2

Yet again with the mixing of things from Disneyland/Magic Kingdom.:brick:

I believe it is supposed to. It seems to be representative of parks around the world, not just WDW.

Therefore the mixing of the attractions makes sense.

Also, the explanation on the post makes this a Disneyparks initiative, rather than simply a WDW campaign.

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
I believe it is supposed to. It seems to be representative of parks around the world, not just WDW.

Also, the explanation on the post makes this a Disneyparks initiative, rather than simply a WDW campaign.

Exactly, and that's what makes it GREAT. :D

I really do wish we had IASWH....what does it entail? New music?

SirGoofy

But they show the kids running around in front of DL's IASW, and then running to Cinderella's Castle.

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
But they show the kids running around in front of DL's IASW, and then running to Cinderella's Castle.

Eh. That's slightly annoying, yes, but cross promotion is fine when it's done in a CLASSY way, at least, like this. :lol:

And then again, there's the message off ALL parks, too, seeing it's the WHOLE "small world".

sponono88

people who usually hate IASW love the Holiday version. it has a beautiful new soundtrack (holiday songs mixed with IASW music), new and colorful exterior lighting, and pretty much every scene is transformed to celebrate the holidays. It's one of my favorite things at DL during Christmas time. The message of IASW really ties in beautifully with the bright/cheery Christmas spirit :)

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
people who usually hate IASW love the Holiday version. it has a beautiful new soundtrack (holiday songs mixed with IASW music), new and colorful exterior lighting, and pretty much every scene is transformed to celebrate the holidays. It's one of my favorite things at DL during Christmas time. The message of IASW really ties in beautifully with the bright/cheery Christmas spirit :)
Sounds nice to me. :D I don't mind IASW in it's normal form, so...:lol:

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
Loved it! :sohappy:

Now would some one please be kind enough to get that song out of my head now. :hammer:

nemofinder22

All the sets are enhanced with Christmas decorations, the music is a mix of "its a small world" and "jingle bells". Then you hit the finale room and the music is changed to "its a small world" and "Deck the Halls"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIs7AiZltRk (the best part is around the 8:00 mark leading into and exiting the transition room)

plus theres the lights on the facade along with the projection show every 15 mins (thank you Holiday Wishes for the music :wave:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V8jSAFAfgY

To be fair in a way, the DL version of the spot uses HKDL's castle which has lights similar to MKs instead of DL's castle with snow and the spot lights which DL only got starting this summer(not that anyone would really notice). Also its DL's Main Street:):rolleyes:

But besides all that the commercial is just beautiful perfect for the holidays, though Im still a bigger fan of the Halloween Time one.

sponono88

Sounds nice to me. :D I don't mind IASW in it's normal form, so...:lol:

I like normal IASW as well, but there's something about the holiday version that makes it extra special. seeing it all decked out with the lights, christmas trees.. you can't celebrate Christmas without Jingle Shells and Mele Kalikimaka :D the last scene with Deck The Halls is really beautiful.

[youtube]RE9c5jFyS10[/youtube]

edit - sorry nemo, hadn't realized you already posted links to a video :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom