TimeTrip

Original Poster
Just a few quick ones. Here was the castle today:
castleredo1.jpg

a close-up of the spires:
castleredo2.jpg

Here was a speaker in tomorrowland I hadn't noticed before
tomorrowspeaker.jpg

They've planted some trees in the 20k area behind the wall. It's hard to see b/c the pictures aren't in 3d, but here they are:
20ktrees1.jpg

20ktrees2.jpg

20ktrees3.jpg

Laura

Premium Member
Oh man I missed that by just a few days!! I just got home from my Disney vacation 2 hours ago. All I saw different with the castle while I was there was a big wall behind it. It looks really pretty.

CTXRover

Thanks for the pics. The castle overlay is looking good. How does it look in person though? Is it nice? Not sure if I like the "garland" swags too much though, although I do like the look of the large ropes between them.

nicholas

themouseman said:
You look tacky......
Oh now, that wasn't called for.

I like the whirlygigs on the spires, but think the garland looks tacky. Like something you would find at Wal-Mart.

Guess I look tacky too. Whatever.

TinkerBell9988

nicholas said:
Oh now, that wasn't called for.

I like the whirlygigs on the spires, but think the garland looks tacky. Like something you would find at Wal-Mart.

Guess I look tacky too. Whatever.

:lol: I agree with you on that. The gold strands on the spires make the castle look "dreamy" and royal, but the garland reminds me of Christmas for some reason. . . :animwink:

Tacky may not be the word, maybe "holiday-ish". . .

Captain Hank

I'm not sure if I totally like the way it looks right now, but I'm going to reserve judgement until I see the completed package. Right now it just looks a little weird. I was really impressed with the concept art, so I have hope.

stitchcastle

They should keep the whirly things on the spires permanently, adds more personality to the castle. But they could do away with the garlands when the celebration is over

WDWFREAK53

I know that, by the concept art, Peter Pan is at the top of the tall spire. By looking at those pictures, it looks as if there is a "spiraling" silver strand around each spire...anybody know if those are LED lights that will form a "flight trail of pixie dust" for Peter and the gang?

nicholas

WDWFREAK53 said:
I know that, by the concept art, Peter Pan is at the top of the tall spire. By looking at those pictures, it looks as if there is a "spiraling" silver strand around each spire...anybody know if those are LED lights that will form a "flight trail of pixie dust" for Peter and the gang?
I was wondering the same thing

ImaginEAR

WDWFREAK53 said:

Tinkerbell is also on the castle. Maybe there'll be Pixie Dust for her too. Would look cool.

TimeTrip

Original Poster
WDWFREAK53 said:
If you look closely you can see the strand sparkling. From looking at it IRL it looked like the strand was decked out in sequins. You know what I mean.. right? :) Neat effect actually.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom