Isle of Disney - Imagineering paradise!

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Now I know I'm relatively new at this place and that this may sound like an over-ambitious idea, but for me it's the only logical step for.

Imagine, just imagine, if Disney bought a whole island to be used as one great resort. Yes, I know about Castaway Cay, but I'm talking an island many times the size of Walt Disney World, so it could be able to house not only all the theme parks and hotels, but also cities for the cast members and other infastructure installations.

So far my work on the project is still relatively small. The current for name for the place is simply "Isle of Disney" with its project name being "Neverland". At first I searched for an island that actually was for sale, but all of them were too small. So I decided just to find THE perfect island and my best bet so far has been Saint Lucia. This island has an area of 616 squarekilometers and lies just north of the even more popular Saint Vincent. So lets just pretend that the government actually plays along and sell the island to Disney ;)

· Disney Theme Parks:

§ The Magic Kingdom (I)

§ The Animal Kingdom (I)

§ DisneySea (I)

§ The Amazone (I)

§ Neverland (II)

§ Disney Studios (II)

§ Nubian Lagoon (II)

§ Epcot (III)

· Disney Resorts:

§ Polynesian Hotel (I)

§ Ancient Greek Hotel (I)

§ Arabian Night (I)

§ Fantasy Hotel (I)

§ The Grand Victorian (I)

§ Wide World of Sports (I)

§ African Wilderness Hotel (I)

§ Lost Atlantis Hotel (I)

§ New Orleans Hotel (I)

§ Asian Hotel (I)

§ Prehistoric Hotel (II)

§ Hollywood Hotel (II)

§ Maritime Hotel (II)

§ Renaissance Hotel (II)

§ Egyptian Hotel (II)

§ Futuristic Hotel (III)

§ World Showcase Hotel (III)

· Other installations:

§ Puerto del Mickey (I)

§ Puerto del Donald (I)

§ Downtown Disney (I)

§ New Orleans Promenade (I)

§ Neverland Airport (I)

§ EMMS (Electro-Magnetic Monorail System) (I)

§ SVS (Simulated Volcano System) (I)

§ NEHPS (Natural Energy Hydrogen Power System) (I)

Now before I go on explaining some of this, let me just say that I need ALL the help I can get. This a very big and ambitious project and could take some time, but if others are interested I think it could be really cool to do as much on this project as possible. I'm open to practically every idea BTW...

Now on to the explaining:
The roman number in the parentes indicates the phases. The periods between the phases have not been decided.

Now the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom is in concept the same as we already know them. Both parks will be bigger than the originals and Animal Kingdom will also function more as a zoo than it currently does. Now remember that this is an island fully owned by Disney with no competitors around, so we can include everything.

And that's where DisneySea takes a new place. Instead of doing a Tokyo clone, DisneySea will be Disney's equivelant of Sea World. That does not mean copying the entire place, but DisneySea will actually be a sea park, where the visitors can experience and interact sea animals. The whole park will of course be build in the usually Disney style.

The Amazones is a water park and will have a really Amazonian jungle theme to it.

Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Studios will in concept be the same as we already know, but the last Phase II park will be something completely new. Neverland will be the wild ride park many have asked for. Hence the name Neverland, since it's for the "big kids that never grow up", yet still want to go on bigger rides.

As for the hotels, many of them are self-explainatory. The Grand Victorian will go hand in hand with Puerto de la Mickey and the Ancient Greek will be by Puerto de la Donald, which will see Donald watching the harbor like the ancient Colossus ;)

The Wide World of Sports hotel will be for the visitors who wish for an active holiday. Here you can rent bicycles, play on the football fields, play tennis, go surfing etc.

The Simulated Volcano System is a very bad phrase for a simulated volcano that will be build on the biggest mountain on the island and every night special effects will make it look like the volcano erupts - though much more spectacular and dazzling :)

And the Natural Energy Hydrogon Power System will simply be the system that powers the entire island utilizing the newest in power technology...

Anyway, anyone who wants to join in on the project, please do :) I need all the creative help I can get, whether it's just ideas, sketches or whatever. Though I do have rather specific ideas for some of the things, the whole project is still very rough in its details...

Personally this sounds to me as the most creative and daunting imagineering challenge ever, but it could also be a realistic proposal for a new holiday paradise. Disney would have NO competition on the island, therefore easily filling out all of its hotels and the island combines every a vacationer could ever want: theme parks and attractions, sandy beaches with a great ocean on the horizon, a simply stunning enviroment and of course the Disney magic :)

Links:
http://www.stlucia.org

Island overview
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/data/500/14603overview_map.jpg

Project document:
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/41feaa58_d05f/bc/Isle+of+Disney/Overview.doc?bfx6q_BB7L3lVReM

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
A little introduction I wrote for project paper:

Located in the Carribean Sea, the island of Saint Lucia fits the measures of an international holiday paradise perfectly. Already well-visited and located next to the even more popular Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Lucia is a tropical vacation paradise with a beautiful and simply stunning nature.

The islands size, being more than three times the size of Washington D.C., gives the comfort of long-term expansion plans as well as plenty of space for the inhabitants on the island – both the current and oncoming. The island will besides the theme parks and resorts house all the cast members of Isle of Disney, offering the current citizens of the island a job at this new Theme Island. The new cities will give the inhabitants a great place to take their days off, where they can live away from the constant tourism.

The Isle of Disney will bring together all the dreams of any vacationer. Its beautiful nature can be explored in or outside our theme parks, on foot, on bike or in an off-road jeep. For the active, the Isle of Disney will offer plenty of activities, especially at the Wide World of Sports Hotel and Resort. The long, clean and white beaches will provide a nice place of relaxation and sun-tanning, while the harbors and Downtown Disney will offer a unique entertainment at both day and night. The undoubtedly most attractive offer Isle of Disney can contribute is its amazing theme and water parks. The already well-known parks will be taken to new heights and sizes as the vast array of the island is fully used to make the most exciting and detailed rides ever imagined. The magic of the vacation will last all the time as the hotels will be equally themed, giving the guests a true touch of magic, wherever they are.

To withhold the stunning enviroment of the island, Isle of Disney will use of some of the newest technology advancements to power the island. Geothermal heat, windmills and solar energy cells will help power the state-of-the-art hydrogen energy center, powering all of Isle of Disney’s activities. The extensive and complete Monorail system will use the ground-breaking electro-magnetic technology to make a faster, smoother, cleaner and more stable ride. Every construction on the island will be build to blend in with the current nature and wireless technology will decrease the amount of wires spanning the island.

The Isle of Disney will truly be the perfect Disney holiday paradise.

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Basically, if you want to, join in on the project. Lets talk more on Messenger and stuff like that, work on things together (with others if they want to of course)...

It's nice because we can start from scratch and have loads of space, yet the idea is not totally impossible from a realistic point of view :)

So if you want, join in. And it's not like I demand you work 20 hours pr week, this is something everyone can do when they want to...

wdwswan&dolphin

How about a third waterpark based on Gulliver's Travels? I've had this idea for ages, and it would work splendidly alongside a DisneySea park. It would consist of themed areas based on different places Gulliver encounters during his voyage, such as Lilliput, Brobdingnag, Laputa, Balnibarbi, Luggnagg, Glubbdubdrib, Japan, & The Country of The Houynhnms. That's eight lands total! There would also be a port of entry as well, which makes nine. Each area would have its own waterpark attractions themed to each of these places as described in Jonathan Swift's novel. Apart from the traditional pools, waterslides, and watercoasters, there would be a fitness center and spa, a man-made lake with a marina featuring boat and water-sports equipment rentals, shops, restaurants, a white-sand beach for sunbathing, a miniature golf course, volleyball, a skycoaster, hot air balloons, and other activities.

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Hmm, certainly an interesting idea...
When you say it would fit well next to DisneySea, would that be my concept or the Tokyo concept?

Anyways, how could you see the water slides etc. being themed to suit the story?

wdwswan&dolphin

NeXuS1000 said:
Hmm, certainly an interesting idea...
When you say it would fit well next to DisneySea, would that be my concept or the Tokyo concept?

Anyways, how could you see the water slides etc. being themed to suit the story?

I really meant the Tokyo concept. I'd love for it to be done, though. I've many wonderful ideas for it.

m star

That's quite an ambitious project. I assume you'd put all the resorts around the edge of the island to take advantage of the beaches and all the parks in the center.

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
wdwswan&dolphin --> So you wanna join or what?

The reason why I'm not doing the Tokyo DisneySea is very simple. Some of it's most loved rides can easily be transferred to MK or AK, while the remaining more maritime rides easily will be able to fit into my idea for DisneySea...

m star --> Some of the resorts yeah, but not necessarily all. Really depends on the theming/story etc...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom