Starbucks in Disney?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Original Poster
Al Lutz is reporting in his column today that the Disney’s Corporate Alliances group is attempting to convince Starbucks to place several sponsored locations in DL. In fact, the Market House on Main Street USA would be reconfigured into an old-fashioned coffee house serving up a basic menu of Starbucks espresso and coffee drinks. I wonder if this experiment is sucessful how long it would take for Starbucks to migrate east and into the WDW parks.....

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al101309a.htm

sponono88

If the plan gets its final approvals, and the Starbucks executives in Seattle can be convinced that Disneyland Cast Members can be properly trained and trusted to run the operation, the Market House on Main Street USA would be reconfigured into an old-fashioned coffee house serving up a basic menu of Starbucks espresso and coffee drinks. A similar 1930’s themed Starbucks coffee house would be included on DCA’s new Buena Vista Street main entrance complex that begins construction this winter, and the coffee served at all park restaurants and hotels would be switched to Starbucks brews under the proposal.

A few Disneyland purists, who often forget the dozens of corporate logos that adorned the park in Walt’s day, may light up the message boards in horror with this news. But the truth is that the complaints about the lack of good coffee at Disneyland from average Southern Californians grow louder every year. The industrial grade Nescafe that Disneyland currently uses just isn’t cutting it anymore, and most Disneyland visitors expect a Starbucks level of service and product.

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al101309a.htm

I welcome the change. As long as they keep the Market House theme.. sponsors in Main St = nothing new.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Original Poster
As much as I dislike Starbucks coffee, I loathe NesCafe, so a potential improvement in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks either, but NesCafe has been a disaster. Maybe Disney can keep their hot chocolate while ditching the coffee...

Jasonflz

:rolleyes: More overpriced coffee?

I'll take it!!!
While I personally don't drink coffee, Starbucks makes the best non-latte frappuchinos.:slurp::slurp::slurp:

What was so bad with Nescafe though?

Mouse Man

I hope this never happens. Starbucks coffee is not really that good at all and is way over priced. What wrong with good old Maxwell House or Folgers?

Andrew54

Starbucks as a company is in bad shape, so if they really thought they could make a penny off it they would. Starbucks started construction on about 12 stores here, and only about 8 of them ever opened. They have since gone back and closed 2 of them.

Figment1986

Starbucks has a deal with Universal Orlando where they have a Starbucks in City Walk as well as inside Universal Studios... so im not sure if WDW could make a similar deal as DL...

If they could... then I see a big opportunity for Starbucks as they could have a full store in each park (given an appropriate theme where it is located of course) and then sell their coffee at other areas including the resorts...

edit:
I don't think so...I mean, Starbucks is already in Universal.
:shrug:

Beat me by a few seconds.. though it depends on how the contract is worded.. there are plenty of companies who are both at Universal and WDW.. it depends if the contract is exclusive or not.

SirGoofy

Beat me by a few seconds.. though it depends on how the contract is worded.. there are plenty of companies who are both at Universal and WDW.. it depends if the contract is exclusive or not.

And if it's not, I don't see Starbucks sticking with only Universal if they have a chance to cash in on Disney.

monkeysammich

Wait wait wait... Disney, Apple AND Starbucks working together? You do realize that the Trifecta is complete and soon we will all be recruited, right?

*tinfoil hat*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom